2009 Festival Ideas?

Guest brazil banks

Hello All.

Just wondered if anyone could suggest a nice, mellow festival for me to try in 2009.

I'd like to try a small festival in Europe (maybe somewhere hot with beaches ;-) and am not so bothered by major headline acts, rather a good vibe and some nice countryside.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BB

x

Hello All.

Just wondered if anyone could suggest a nice, mellow festival for me to try in 2009.

I'd like to try a small festival in Europe (maybe somewhere hot with beaches ;-) and am not so bothered by major headline acts, rather a good vibe and some nice countryside.

BB

x

• 2 weeks later...

I went to my first Sziget this year and totally loved every minute of it :lol: . What a fantastic vibe! Everyone was really friendly, the weather was fab, instant ticket/wristband exchange, low-key security, great venue, cheap everything, proper toilets, excellent public transport and only 5 minutes walk from the island to the train station. The main stage finishes at 11pm (the line up wasn’t that inspiring this year but who cares) and the Mastercard Party Arena start at 10pm. Bring it on! Danced my ass off for days :ph34r: . Will defo be back next year. Who needs beaches :lol:

Eli x

Edited by eli_

Hello All.

BB

x

• 1 month later...
Hello All.

BB

x

Edited by cals

• 3 weeks later...
I went to my first Sziget this year and totally loved every minute of it :P . What a fantastic vibe! Everyone was really friendly, the weather was fab, instant ticket/wristband exchange, low-key security, great venue, cheap everything, proper toilets, excellent public transport and only 5 minutes walk from the island to the train station. The main stage finishes at 11pm (the line up wasn’t that inspiring this year but who cares) and the Mastercard Party Arena start at 10pm. Bring it on! Danced my ass off for days :P . Will defo be back next year. Who needs beaches :)

Eli x

German fessies are great for atmosphere as well (afaik that is what I thought and what every briton I talked to at any German fessie confirmed). Depending on what exactly you are looking for, there are a few choices, I'll just present the ones I know:

- Rock am Ring: Total madness at the campings, a good, hardrock-centered line up but also lots of other genres there. Even though the atmosphere is anarchistic, it is not destructive at all. (June) Rock im Park has the same line up, but there are more rules and the crowd is younger and cares a bit l,ess about other people's property.

- Wacken: Metalfestival, so expect no other kind of music. But the people are great, you can pitch our tent next to your car, everything goes, but here also private property is respected. (August)

- Hurricane: A big festival, but quite compact, a few more rules than at RaR (no glas bottles, no generators, ...), very good line up for a 100€, very well organized. As opposed to RaR and WOA more teens than people in their twentys, though. (June) A similair festival is the Highfield / ARea4 in August. Southside takes place at the same time as hurricane, is in the summer, a bit smaller, better weather.

- Melt!: More electronic music, camping next to the car is ok, great atmosphere, lots of different bands, great setting next to huge old mining machines. (July) similair festivals are SonneMondSterne (august) and Fusion (June I think)

- Haldern: Cheap festival, but good bands nevertheless.(August) Similair is Omas Teich Festival (july). haven't been to either, so don't know that much about them, they do have a very good reputation, though.

Rock am Ring and Melt! are the fessies where you will meet the most brits, if that is an issue.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
There's a psytrance festival on a beach in germany called Fullmoon that goblinz would be able to tell you all about if he wasn't currently at solfest...