A few questions for a first time

Guest Kwyjibo

Hey all,

Thinking about going to Bella for the first time this year as a treat for the kids and was wondering:

1) Is it suitable for a 4 year old boy & an 8 year old girl, i.e is there plenty for them to do all day and night without having any problems?

2) How far is it from the car park to the campsite as I think we may need to do a few trips with me having to carry all the gear.

3) What is the campsite like? I've only ever been to Rockness & T in the Park before and I don't think I would want my kids in those sort of campsites (nothing for them to do, can be full of chavs etc)

4) Are campstoves/BBQs allowed in the campsite?

Our kids were 4, 7 and 9 when we first took them to Bella two years ago and we all had a great time. We were there last year too and are really looking forward to being there again in TWO MORE SLEEPS! :P There's loads for them to do and the only real problem is fitting it all in around the bands.

We stay in the family camp site and it's pretty good really. The car park is right next to it and it's reasonably civilised - not at all like T in the Park, for instance. Stoves, BBQs, etc are allowed. I saw one group lugging in a ruddy great cast iron chiminea last year.

Edited by MrPurple

We stay in the family camp site and it's pretty good really. The car park is right next to it and it's reasonably civilised - not at all like T in the Park, for instance. Stoves, BBQs, etc are allowed. I saw one group lugging in a ruddy great cast iron chiminea last year.

Yup - there's three camping areas; general, family and quiet, plus the camper van area and the tee pee "gated community" thing. We've only ever stayed in the family area, and while I wouldn't describe it as quiet, but it's certainly nowhere near as bad as T. Mind you, I take ear plugs with me and have a blissful nights sleep no matter what is going on outside the tent.