Weather at Escot, 15-17 August

Guest William of Walworth

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The amounts of rain have downgraded slightly in this morning's update to Metcheck for Ottery, but Saturday is looking utterly vile -- 100% cloud, and rain all day. Cold, too (although not quite as chuffin' freexzing as Metcheck say, they ALWAYS underestimate temps).

YUCKSVILLE!!! :P:):lol:;):)

On the faintly brighter side, Friday doesn't look too bad.

I've been on Netweather, and all the experts there are pretty much agreed that this weekend is doomed. Sorry folks <kills self>

Edited by William of Walworth

Metcheck none too good for Sunday, now -- even worse than Saturday FFS!

Why there's such a discrepancy between the BBC and Metcheck, I'm not sure, but I've seen the detailed synoptics elsewhere, and pessimism should right now rule all the way I'm afraid. Bar Friday, which still looks alright to start with.

Here is the latest update to the Met Office Forecast for the South West specifically -- still seems to think Sunday won't be too bad, but late Friday and Saturday -- does Exeter count as West or East of region? -- still looking terrible.

Dry start to Friday. Good for putting tents up.

Final detailed update to follow tomorrow. I leave on my train of doom at 6:20 pm from Waterloo.

The descrepencies between the BBC and Metcheck are probably due to the unpredicatable nature of hte weather at hte moment. When I left home in Bristol this morning it was dryish, just after 9 it was absolutely tipping it down. At lunchtime it was sunny and the benches had even dried off enough to sit down, and now (4:20ish) it is back to tipping it down.

The barometer was looking a little better with respect to yesterday this morning, if that is really anything to go on.

I think for BD 2 years ago there was a really heavy downpour on Thursday night (to the point my roof leaked!) but then the rest of the weekend was actually rather nice. Lets hope a repeat of that. I trust the Levs have got plenty of straw and sawdust on back up for the footpaths!

Metcheck none too good for Sunday, now -- even worse than Saturday FFS!

Why there's such a discrepancy between the BBC and Metcheck, I'm not sure, but I've seen the detailed synoptics elsewhere, and pessimism should right now rule all the way I'm afraid. Bar Friday, which still looks alright to start with.

Here is the latest update to the Met Office Forecast for the South West specifically -- still seems to think Sunday won't be too bad, but late Friday and Saturday -- does Exeter count as West or East of region? -- still looking terrible.

Dry start to Friday. Good for putting tents up.

Final detailed update to follow tomorrow. I leave on my train of doom at 6:20 pm from Waterloo.

See ya there :)

The ever evolving updates to Metcheck for Ottery coninue (latest one, after 6 pm today).

Saturday now looking quite reasonable (amazingly), Sunday and especially Monday morning worse.

We seem to retain a fairly pleasant (albeit cloudy) Friday ,and have maybe lost the rain that was earlier on threatened for Fri., for later that day. That should cheer up early and late arrivals alike, if it comes off.

No doubt there'll be more changes tomorrow ...

Sunshine at an absolute premium throughout though, look at that cloud cover! :lol::)

I've just checked metcheck and i don't think it looks that bad. Granted sat and sunday night are predicted rain. But friday looks fine as does sunday day. Today was meant to be heavy pain and It's lush out there. I've packed waterproofs and waterproofed tent and rucksack again and i'll be expecting shitty weather but...I've also packed the Sunnies =)

The weather on Metcheck is now looking a fair bit better ;) , but Metoffice still not so good :) .

Over Bristol is sunny and the barometer just keeps on moving towards high pressure :P. Mixed signals :).

Yup, can't see any clouds through the window closest to my cubicle. Maybe they'll pull it all together and the weather will be fine. Of course, there was some pretty heavy rain last night at about midnight so there will be quite a bit of surface dampness to contend with. At least the ground will be soft when we all trip over ourselves.

Anyone got an update from closer to the site? :lol:

Gav

I've just checked metcheck and i don't think it looks that bad. Granted sat and sunday night are predicted rain. But friday looks fine as does sunday day. Today was meant to be heavy pain and It's lush out there. I've packed waterproofs and waterproofed tent and rucksack again and i'll be expecting shitty weather but...I've also packed the Sunnies =)

Final updates summary from me. The first two of these updates were posted around midday to 12:30 today (Thursday), the third one earlier this morning :

Metcheck for Ottery -- considerably less extreme rainfall for Sunday evening (see my prediction of a downgrade earlier, above! ;) ) but still quite alot.

Lightish rain Friday night, and moderate rain over most of Saturday.

Still pants, but possibly less extreme.

Met Office forecast for the South West -- thinks Friday will be dry, and with less rain on Sunday. Poor for Saturday.

Nertweather general forecast (updated at 11 am) the least optimistic oif all, but reraining the 'dry Friday' theme.

See you on site tomorrow folks (and in Exeter tonight in the case of a few of you).

Final updates summary from me. The first two of these updates were posted around midday to 12:30 today (Thursday), the third one earlier this morning :

Metcheck for Ottery -- considerably less extreme rainfall for Sunday evening (see my prediction of a downgrade earlier, above! ;) ) but still quite alot.

Lightish rain Friday night, and moderate rain over most of Saturday.

Still pants, but possibly less extreme.

Met Office forecast for the South West -- thinks Friday will be dry, and with less rain on Sunday. Poor for Saturday.

Nertweather general forecast (updated at 11 am) the least optimistic oif all, but reraining the 'dry Friday' theme.

See you on site tomorrow folks (and in Exeter tonight in the case of a few of you).

Just tapped the barometer, and it is still moving towards high pressure (ie good weather). Am getting more and more confident as the hours go by. Just need to check the cows tomorrow, ie lying down or standing up.

Someone mentioned about it being muddy last year? I don't remember it being so, although I might not have been quite with it...

See you all there

We whimped out on Saturday night after bursting the bed on Sat morning, then getting absolutely soaked during the day :)

Drove home in torrential rain until Pilton where it hadn't rained all day!

Was going to return today but decided to wait until next year :)

Had a lovely time on Friday though! :)

OMG!! Saturday was a wash out. Friday was awesome and I had the best Day and night. Sat i spent in bed all day, got up to see Alabama3, who were awesome and it stopped raining for them =)

We left about 5 on Sunday, car park was a mess and we didnt wanna be stuck.