Weather at Escot, 15-17 August

Guest William of Walworth

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feeling brave?

Met Office 2 week forecast (updated today)

Only those of a strong disposition should click ...

But the usuaul health warning applies : your forecast can go down as well as up, AND -- sometimes! -- up as well as down. Still time to change in the detail -- and that Met Office forecst is UK-general not South West specific.

Still, I'm far from optinmistic. Right now.

Yeah, true, they DO ... that's the Beautiful Days-specific forecast you're using, but the current Ottery St Mary forecast (more detailed) shows a big downturn in the amount of rain forecast, from before. (There may be a fair bit on Thursday 14th though).

One thing's certain, there'll be fair few more fluctuations -- probably in both directions -- before the festival is on us.

Not necessarily ....

A recent little glimmer of hope, that will hopefully build up and not be a transient flash in the forecasters' pan.

UK Meteorological Office 14 day forecast (update from a couple of hours ago)

UK Outlook for Tuesday 12 Aug 2008 to Thursday 21 Aug 2008:

From Tuesday onwards next week, conditions look rather unsettled across a large part of the country with showers breaking out and some of these are likely to be locally heavy and thundery. There may also be longer periods of rain at times, especially in the west and south. Some areas will see some brighter interludes however. Breezy with perhaps coastal gales, again most likely in the west and south of the UK. Temperatures are expected to be generally near normal to rather cool for most. There is an increasing chance of some drier and brighter weather towards the end of next week. There is a hint at the moment of the drier and brighter conditions continuing into the following week, especially across the south with perhaps showers in the north.

Updated: 1257 on Thu 7 Aug 2008

Edited by William of Walworth

Much better on Metcheck now. Dry all day Friday (great stuff will stay dry while we set up). Massive big rain at 6am Sat (like that will wake me after what I inted to consume). Few showers sat (when i'll probably be in a bar/Pussy Parlure/gazebo) and then dry Sunday.

WOW I know can go down a well as up but if I had a choice I'd take this forecast.

If we all believe it will be sunny - it will be.

Much better on Metcheck now. Dry all day Friday (great stuff will stay dry while we set up). Massive big rain at 6am Sat (like that will wake me after what I inted to consume). Few showers sat (when i'll probably be in a bar/Pussy Parlure/gazebo) and then dry Sunday.

WOW I know can go down a well as up but if I had a choice I'd take this forecast.

If we all believe it will be sunny - it will be.