Bearded Theory 2009

Guest timespeedsup

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm back! :lol: Been busy, and it's taken me all evening to read this thread, but what great vibes about BT09 overall. Which of course I share, it was great despite the weather thinking it was time to finish off Glastonbury once and for all. Really hope BT can reflect and rise again. Yes please to T-shirt link.

Well, from what I gather from the rest of the band it's a tad muddy but all going well ( I'm sat at my Mum & Dad's about 10 miles from the site- warm, well fed, and dry ;p ). Hawkwind played a blinder last night and the weather today looks set to be mainly dry but a bit windy. If you're on your way down there, have a grand one.

Guest Flip

TSU - Nice summing up sir and lovely to have finally met you properly!!

Couple of points tho, Honky Dub did have a Sarangi player and not only that, he was sat cross legged on a Chais Longe! :blink:

and DZ did a full and bassladen version of Iron Shirt... :O

Long way to go after 2 days we have

270 pounds

many thanks to you all X

If you would like to pay via Pay pal daisy_chain111@hotmail.com

If anyone wants to send cheques then please send them made to Richard Bryan

Please send the cheque for my attention though please

Sally Booth

World School (BLA)

16a Broadway

Peterborough

PE1 1RS

Edited by oss

Thank you

I promised I would write this and now I have!!!

What an emotional few days for the Bearded Theory team, artists, DJs and festival goers. I have finally come off site with my head in a spin to what a dramatic time we had in that little field in Derbyshire.

Thankfully the two people hurt has come out of this with just bruises. I cannot say how relieved I am with this, it could have so easily been much worse.

I have learned a lot of lessons and the best thing I have learnt is actually how many decent people we have in our festival community and hopefully the community that Bearded Theory emulates.

I am gutted that I was not able to put on the show that you were expecting. This in my view is a failure and I want this put right. The one small mercy is that you saw what we as a festival was capable of on the Friday night and I hope you give me the chance to do it again next year but for 3 amazing nights.

I am now doing everything in my power to get this event financially stable, I will be working with all these amazing people who have already started work on benefit gigs, t-shirts etc etc. This event is special as it’s not about the wads of cash in the pocket but about the people that attend. Official festival t-shirts will be going on sale tonight and we are working closely with Neil/Sam/Sparky and Angel Gardens in respect of the t-shirts etc that will be going on sale in the next few days.

We will be back and actually in a way this tornado thing might have put a spanner in the works but it brought out the best in everybody. The attendees need to be very proud of themselves as they created what happened following the stage collapse. This really is a festival for the people and run by the people. You all proved that!!

A long list of praise needs to be made

J, Spike, Carol and Sal for keeping me sane and helping me not lose my marbles during the past week. For the ongoing effort you have thrown at the event to ensure it “worked” the best it could have. Thanks for everything.

Acko and Steve for having the best security team in place for the festival. You only gave me solutions and never a problem. This is commendable in the biggest light and showed you for being the true gentlemen which you are.

Scouse for working under extreme pressure and trying your best to put bands on all over the festival following me barking orders, following the stage incident.

Phil/Ed/Lisa, and Bear for putting on one of the best dance tents I have seen at a festival and for continuing and plodding on.

Neil/Sam/Sparky for your support and everything after the event. You have been amazing.

Jimbo for manning the gates and running around like mad, a star!

Billy Big Beard, for doing a stunning job in the disabled view and doing so much more asked of him, thanks so much

Garry, Rob and John for putting on an amazing campfire stage and working against all odds trying to accommodate bands from the main stage. Your efforts were there for everyone to see, especially Gaz for giving up all his equipment in the aid of charity.

Jeff, the star of litter. Worked constantly before and after ensuring the event went ahead the best it could have. Thanks so so much we could not have done this event without you.

Daisy and Kat for working all hours flogging merchandise and not moaning about the long hours of work and shit food. You’re both true stars!!

Angel Gardens, for everything before and after, you were just a joy to work with.

Stewards, for the ones that turned up, thanks for working so hard and covering the stewards that failed to show.

Freedom and Vee – for being lovely, understanding and the best compare on the planet. I can’t tell you how much guilt I feel.

All the traders – you will be back, your all stars and thanks for all the kind words.

The Police – you would not believe the fantastic Police force we have in Derbyshire. The kind words of support and comfort was brilliant.

Phil Wilson, our Health and Safety manager, worked like mad and thankfully we had him, thanks mate.

MH Medical - for being amazing and looking after the injured so well.

The council – for understanding and being supportive.

Toilet Company – clean toilets + muddy field = brilliant

If I have missed anyone I am truely sorry, we have had so many amazing people that have come out of this.

I have done my sulking and crying. Now I need to start working on the solutions to drag this event by its arse, settle the debts and move forward as one.

We can all do this together.

Love

Rich

Edited by BeardedTheory

TSU - Nice summing up sir and lovely to have finally met you properly!!

Couple of points tho, Honky Dub did have a Sarangi player and not only that, he was sat cross legged on a Chais Longe! :D

and DZ did a full and bassladen version of Iron Shirt... :D

Edited by timespeedsup

Roy Sandbrook chats with Rich Bryan, BT Festival Organiser, tonight (Monday) from 7pm

www.RedCarpetRadio.com

Chatting about the festival, the mini tornado, the benefit gigs, and more.

Feel free, to send your e-mails to the station, to give your Messages of Support, and Praise for this lovely festival to:-

studio@RedCarpetRadio.com

Edited by TinternetRadio

Bearded Theory has now got an online shop selling the tornado

merchandise - t-shirts, bags, long sleeved tops, mugs and car

stickers. The shop will also be selling 2009 festival t-shirts,

festival programmes, programme artwork prints and photographs of this

year’s event.

All the benefit gigs we are aware of will be listed on the news page

on the website www.beardedtheory.com from this evening and I want to

thank all the brilliant bands for offering their services. We also

want to say a huge thank you to Sparky, Lil, Neil, Daisy, Gill and the

True Deceivers for arranging this.

Please use the website as a source of official knowledge!

Can I ask people to not approach organisations on the festivals

behalf, asking for money or support without prior confirmation from

Bearded Theory. We had a situation recently where an organisation was

asked to donate money to the cause without us knowing – the

organisation in question was offended.

This is not the sort of act we endorse anyway and we would prefer you

to purchase something rather than donate. Bearded Theory is not a

charity.....

We have been working with third parties to arrange funding and

hopefully we can conclude this situation within the next couple of

weeks.

Thank you to everyone for your brilliant support so far – have a sunny summer!

Bearded Theory has now got an online shop selling the tornado

merchandise - t-shirts, bags, long sleeved tops, mugs and car

stickers. The shop will also be selling 2009 festival t-shirts,

festival programmes, programme artwork prints and photographs of this

year’s event.

All the benefit gigs we are aware of will be listed on the news page

on the website www.beardedtheory.com from this evening and I want to

thank all the brilliant bands for offering their services. We also

want to say a huge thank you to Sparky, Lil, Neil, Daisy, Gill and the

True Deceivers for arranging this.

Please use the website as a source of official knowledge!

Can I ask people to not approach organisations on the festivals

behalf, asking for money or support without prior confirmation from

Bearded Theory. We had a situation recently where an organisation was

asked to donate money to the cause without us knowing – the

organisation in question was offended.

This is not the sort of act we endorse anyway and we would prefer you

to purchase something rather than donate. Bearded Theory is not a

charity.....

We have been working with third parties to arrange funding and

hopefully we can conclude this situation within the next couple of

weeks.

Thank you to everyone for your brilliant support so far – have a sunny summer!

Guest Flip

Received the hard drive containing the Magical Sounds Dance Tent recordings today, currently got Sunfish blasting out..the CD is gonna be a stonker!!! :D:)

Defining set lists, mastering and working on a production/artwork deal at the mo...watch this space!!

Bearded Theory Magical Sounds Dance Tent presents....Lets twist again.... ;)

Received the hard drive containing the Magical Sounds Dance Tent recordings today, currently got Sunfish blasting out..the CD is gonna be a stonker!!! :P:D

Defining set lists, mastering and working on a production/artwork deal at the mo...watch this space!!

Bearded Theory Magical Sounds Dance Tent presents....Lets twist again.... :)

JUNE NEWSLETTER - THE ANSWER IS BLOWING IN THE WIND..........

Dear friends,

BEARDED THEORY 2010

Bearded Theory will be back in 2010, celebrating a new decade and creating something magical yet again.

The date for your diaries is May 14th to May 16th 2010.

We obviously experienced a few hic ups this year but we are more determined to come back and put on a show which will make you be proud to be part of.

Tickets will be going on sale a little earlier than before to give us more time to structure the event and it will help us budget costs earlier. Tickets for 2010 will go on sale to this years attendees at a reduced price from July 1st and will then go on general sale on September 1st 2009.

Listening to all your suggestions we have reduced the child ticket prices and incorporated a family ticket. Adult tickets have increased as we are budgeting for more infrastructure including permanent roads, steel stage structure, more toilets, better road signs and basically trying to get the event more stable following the tornado this year. We will not be selling day tickets in 2010.

Ticket Prices for 2010

Adult: £65

Under 16`s: £15

Under 12`s: £10

Under 5`s: Free

Family Ticket (2 Adults & 2 Children): £140

For 2009 Ticket holders

Adult: £60

Under 16`s: £10

Under 12`s: £5

Under 5`s: Free

Family Ticket (2 Adults & 2 Children): £125

Live in Vehicles: £15

Cars: £5 *

* No car parking charge will be applicable to anyone that lift shares or has 4 people in the car. The driver will also be given a small gift as an appreciation of thanks from the festival. Please buy in advance to help our traffic management planning. Please note you will be charged £10 at the gate if you do not have a ticket.

The ticket link will be emailed to this years attendees on July 1st 2009 and on September 1st 2009 tickets will go on general sale.

We have already started looking at bands for 2010 and will be acting on suggestions via our forum. Please log on to suggest the bands you want playing in 2010. 95% of bands booked in 2009 were off suggestions from the forum.

If you want to get involved in Bearded Theory you can make suggestions via the forum and we will be listing meeting dates in August so you can come along and get involved.

Have a great summer and we hope to see you bobbing around some of this summers wonderful festivals!!

Much love and appreciation

Bearded Theory

Shop

The Bearded Theory shop is now selling Tornado T-shirts, Bags, Long sleeved tops, Friends of Bearded Theory t-shirts, car window stickers, 2009 festival t-shirts and 2009 festival programmes. www.beardedtheory.co.uk/shop

We will be auctioning off the artwork for this years programme on eBay in the next couple of weeks. Check out the website for more news on this www.beardedtheory.co.uk

Bearded Benefits Live

Bearded Theory Midlands

The Midlands benefit gig will be hosted at the Queens Hall in Nuneaton on Saturday August 1st and run by the lovely Friends of Bearded Theory team.

Confirmed so far are:

Hobo Jones and the Junkyard Dogs

Plus loads more to be announced very soon!!! Check the website out for more details!!

Bearded Theory South

The Guildford Bearded Benefit Gig is now confirmed for The City Club in Guildford on Saturday 26th September. Tickets go on sale soon, check the website for more details.

It's looking like being an all day affair and bands confirmed so far are:

SUBGIANT

True Deceivers

East Of Ealing

Zombie Met Girl

Bemis

Thinker

Freedom

Plus loads more to be announced very soon!!!

Happy Videos of This Year

> The BBC did a rather lovely video of the festival on the Friday which can be seen here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8053613.stm

> Some lovely festival goers have done a film about the 2009 festival which can be seen here:

Interview

We have uploaded a interview with Rich talking about the aftermath of the Tornado which was recorded a few days after the end of the festival. www.myspace.com/beardedtheory

Photos

Loads of pictures have been added to our Facebook group which can be accessed here:http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=109891&id=662318668#/group.php?gid=5381894633

Reviews

A couple of reviews are here from our friends at:-

> Efestivals: http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/bear...ws-friday.shtml

> Virtual Festivals: http://www.I'M A DESPERATE SPAMMER.com/festivals/...ory-2009--Rated

New website/Forum

A brand new website and forum are currently being built which will have a lot more information, be brighter, fresher and quicker.

WWW.BEARDEDTHEORY.COM

Edited by BT Rich