Bearded Theory 2009

Guest timespeedsup

Im onsite helping the mass clean up. I cant state how gutted I am and I am feeling terrible. I am exhausted, very emotional and feeling very fed up. We are facing huge costs relating to this problem which more than likely will see the festival off.

Apologies to everyone who came who wanted to see the artists you paid for.

See you soon, in hopefully a more happier times.

R x

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was ace although I'm absolutely gutted for Rich even though I didn't actually meet him. I was in the stall opposite the main stage and saw the hurricane sweep across the camping field and hit the open mike stage, a stall and malinkeys. By the time I looked at the stage it wasn't there.

Someone took my name as a witness and I hope that when anyone does get in touch that our statements will help in some way. Obviously I know nothing of the financial situation of the fest but I really hope it can be sorted somehow. I think most people would donate something so that could help a lot.

Got back from Bearded Theory late last night... i really felt i needed to join here and post my support.

i know this was my first festival of 2009 but im sure it will remain the best of 09.

Tent up, programme purchased,vodka opened and the weekend began…and from the start it just felt magic. thought 3DM and Hawkwind on friday were brilliant, but Atilla the stockbroker was my highlight of Friday.

Enjoyed Boot hill allstars on Saturday but Mr Justin Sullivan was something else.

He gave me goosebumps during his set…I thought there was something really special about it, I even said to my Boyfriend “this is a specail moment” as he sang ‘Tales of the road’ as the sky turned black and the clouds came rolling in! oh if only I knew….

The weather really was rotten luck…which all the planning and money in the world can not change…Still trying to get over what happened…however I still think rich and co were very lucky, it could have been worse, you could have been dealing with a fatality.

Rich when I saw you on Sunday afternoon I felt so sorry for you, I can never imagine how you felt…

When the campfire stage finally got pulled at 4pmish on Sunday it could of so easily been over…

But in true British style you battled on… all the organisers and everyone who volunteered really made this festie a true success in the face of adversity. The atmosphere in the beer tent was amazing on sunday afternoon, which can only be created by the people there...

Ive never seen a band set up their gear as quickly as NYAAA did in the beer tent, with help from people moving sofas and beer barralls to make a random stage area.

And even with no microphones just played music untill some one turned up with them. NYAAA you have my respect!

Stayed till 8pmish on Sunday, I really wanted to stay fer Goldblade but I really had to leave.

if it goes ahead next year, im there already.

Big love to everyone who helped to organised this.

To be fair Katster most festivals rely on the volunteers heavily, especially the small ones. It really is hard to find a balance to suit all the people. Alot is based on trust, and unfortunately some people are w*nkers and just try to blag in.

I was really angry that 2 on my shift were sent off, and then increasing the load for the 2 of us left. But it is adapt to the situation, and do your best. I actually regret not been able to give more time as I would normally at a short staffed festival, but as you know it was a first for me and my son. Most other small ones I work at have the same problem, or the one of people do their first shift and then f**k off.

However iut owuld be just a courtesy really to tell staff that they will be left without a break in the rain, or that they may have to do more hours before a shift and not nearly 3 hours after it should have finished.

Want to say what a lovely festival it was too Rich. Although we were trading, all the people we met were so nice and we felt so sorry for you all after the wind...but you pulled through and kept it all going, which was amazing. Well done to Rich and all the organisers! If you do manage to bring it together again next year we will definately be there to support you.

I know, I realise that, I said so in my post. It pissed me off that people didn't turn up for shifts far more than it pissed me off that I had to work a lot more hours than I was expecting to. I have no idea how they can combat the problem but I don't believe putting extra strain on the workers who do turn up helps.

I'm not ashamed to admit I bunked off from work on the Sunday. Everyone kept telling me I'd done more than my fairest of fair shares, I was tired, I was miserable, and I thought, yeah, you know what, they're right. Then someone handed me a vodka and that was that.

However, me taking that action put EVEN MORE strain on the people working, which of course I feel guilty for, but I shouldn't. As people had said, I'd done more than my fair share....it was the other people who hadn't turned up AT ALL who had let people down, not me.

My 'friends' turned up 40 minutes late for work and I'm extremely upset and dissapointed with them <_<

Edited by Rufus Gwertigan

My god, what a weekend!

My heart too goes out to Rich and all the organisers, must have been heartbreaking to see all your hard work go up like that.

Especially, as so many have said because it was just the friendliest and happiest festival i can remember

Phil and Lisa - thank you so much for the 2 amazing nights i spent in the dance tent, just wonderful music, Dreadzone and Ed were expectedly brilliant, but Zetan Spore - what a find!

The Axis tent was a wonderful peaceful happy refuge from life's worries, spent many a happy hour in there too, hi to anyone i met in there!!

Just as we were leaving on sunday, we popped to the loo before we set off and ended up crashing in on a party in the disabled loo, 9 very "happy" people who encouraged us in and tried to force wine down us! The perfect end to what was a bloody good party, typifying the fest spirit.

so thanks again from me and my posse, everyone said they would be back if you have the courage to do this again.

Ian

xxx

Guest Flip

Hi all,

Thanks for all the good and positive vibes, I am truely proud to know and be involved in the Bearded Theory Festival....

From the Majical Sounds dance tent perspective, I can't thank the crew enough, they are the most amazing bunch of people I have met in a looooong while and kept the tunes pumping to the end. If you came and danced, thank you and I hope you enjoyed...

A special mention to Bear, my security guard, stage dancing fool and general rock...honestly mate, if you read this, THANK YOU!!!

:(

Hi all,

Thanks for all the good and positive vibes, I am truely proud to know and be involved in the Bearded Theory Festival....

From the Majical Sounds dance tent perspective, I can't thank the crew enough, they are the most amazing bunch of people I have met in a looooong while and kept the tunes pumping to the end. If you came and danced, thank you and I hope you enjoyed...

A special mention to Bear, my security guard, stage dancing fool and general rock...honestly mate, if you read this, THANK YOU!!!

:(

Good account and it highlights how scary it must have been around the main stage area.

I was in a Turdis at the time, thought someone was trying to push it over. Don't think my pack of Tesco value wetwipes could have helped me much with that situation if the worst had happened!!

For me this festival has been one of the best ever. The eFests crowd are a tremendous crowd and them along with the people I usually work with would have been great. But I also got the opportunity to reacquaint myself with a few old friends over a fire and a song. All of that makes for a truely special festival.

Here's to Bearded Theory and long may it rain.

Edited by Rufus Gwertigan