Bearded Theory 2009

Guest timespeedsup

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im onsite helping the mass clean up. I cant state how gutted I am and I am feeling terrible. I am exhausted, very emotional and feeling very fed up. We are facing huge costs relating to this problem which more than likely will see the festival off.

Apologies to everyone who came who wanted to see the artists you paid for.

See you soon, in hopefully a more happier times.

R x

Agreed treacle.

Give it a bit of time to settle down, you all done a fantastic job and worked really hard to get Bearded where it is now.

Keep the faith... and you got a hug from me yesterday but have another one mate *HUG*

Paul

Rich> I can honestly say that, yes, I was gutted that I didn't get to see the bands I wanted to but I know you'll be feeling worse than me. Bearded Theory has restored my faith in festivals. You guys were so obviously dedicated to putting on and good old fashioned festival with the best vibe ever.

I only heard good things about how you all reacted and tried to soldier on. It would be terrible if it didn't go ahead next year but I understand why you might think that way now (think of every woman who immediately having a baby says never again!) Give it a while and see what happens. Financially I'd imagine it to be a bit of a blow (understatement!) but if you want to organise a small select gathering of people in the middle of a field next year I'd come along even if it was only for the craic and to listen to Keef and co round a campfire.

Keep the faith and have a big hug

* HUG* B)

Just in and waiting for the hot water for a hugely needed bath!

Fantastic weekend and an efest camp even better than last Bearded - great to see old friends and meet new ones too and cant wait to catch up with lots of you elswhere over summer.

Not a lot to add about the storm - the single most mental experience at a festival ever. Rich, J, Sal, Leveller Rich, Spike, Flip, all of you, there's nowt I can say that's gonna make you feel any better, cant imagine how shit you must be feeling now. But take huge, huge pride in what you created, what you put on and the happiness and excitement you've given people. Flip - as I said over the weekend (repeatedly I would imagine) I wont have a better opening night in a dance tent this summer. Your line up all weekend was superb and the tent looked the absolute b*llox.

I can understand why you might not want - or be able - to do it again. But there were 1500 people on that site who would. I chatted to many randoms over the weekend and many on the train on the way home today - not a single negative comment, but huge, huge, huge amounts of praise for what you achieved and what you managed to keep going in the face of unbelievable adversity. Ive given most of you hugs over the weekend but take this one too

*HUG* :lol:

Take care people

Im onsite helping the mass clean up. I cant state how gutted I am and I am feeling terrible. I am exhausted, very emotional and feeling very fed up. We are facing huge costs relating to this problem which more than likely will see the festival off.

R x

Only managed to get there on Saturday afternoon, ended up leaving early Sunday morning after sleeping in the car, due to tent problems and soaking. Only got to see Hobo Jones and The Saw Doctors.

However worth every penny of the ticket fee and more. Atmosphere great and son attended first festival and loved it.

Please take time to think about next year as everybody would love it to go ahead. Would any fundraising be able to help the losses mentioned above?

What a mad weekend that was...bloody great little festival

Thanks to all the organisers,you all did an amazing job.

Rich, I'm sure we can all pull together and buy t shirts or donate money's

There are lots of people from at least three different boards that would love to see the festival go forward and grow.

Jeff

PS I was the guy with PLG when we came over to say hi at the efest camp.

was good to meet you all.

R x

We're back (after a tow out of the car park!). There's nothing more to add to everyone's comments about the fabulousness of the festival or the madness of the weather, suffice to say Thank you for laying on a fantastic festival & bad, bad luck with the weather & all that went with it.

The community spirit & blitz mentality amoungst everyone was incredible, I wish 'real' lofe could be the same.

Me too actually, as you've raised it.

The fact that other stewards or staff didn't turn up should not be something that the people who do turn up to work have to suffer for. You guys do a tremendous (if a little mental) job, and one I am obviously not really cut out for....a 13 hour shift on Friday, followed by another 11 hours work on Saturday really took it's toll on me and I'm afraid Sunday I woke up and thought 'f**k that!' so I proceeded to get pissed instead.

I don't know what you guys can do to stop people saying they will work who then don't, but to expect the staff who do turn up to do other people's work, is definately unfair and unreasonable.

There was an issue with the amounts and standards of meals provided for staff too. Sorry guys, I don't like to grumble when I know you lot did about 5 times as much as I did, but that's your choice.

However

I'd love the opportunity to work for you guys again though, having said all that :D:P

Edited by Rufus Gwertigan

HELP ME PLEASEEE ! ! ! ! Me and my mate are going to kendal calling or at least we hope but we are both 14 so we get the £40 tickets and we was wondering do we have to be accompanied by an adult? if so we wont be seeing you there :P oh and is this anything like leeds on a smaller scale? i went to leeds last year and we made badges for the people on efestivals and we had games of twister and got wrecked it was amazing

PLEEEAAAASSSEEE GET BACK TO ME QUICK I REALLY WANT TO SEE THE ZUTONS AND THE STREETS AND CHAS & STATUS

CHEERS

Joe

We've been back for a while.

First of all major congratulations and thanks to both Riches, Flip and Mrs Flip and ALL the crew for putting on such a wonderful festival and most of all for coping so marvellously with such insane conditions.

I hope Bearded can happen again ultimately, even if it's necessary to take a year off or a lower key event in 2010, because of all the many fests I've been to, this one has got to be right up there for TRUE festival spirit.

Our tent collapsed (with festivaldeb having a nap inside!) and we'll have to buy a new one for Sunrise.

Big shouts to folkpunk heroes the Tofu Love Frogs (who I've always loved since 'back in the day' :P ) and to Tarantism (who I used to love quite a bit less shall we say, but maybe I'm rethinking now .... :P ). Both bands did impromptu sets under the canopy of a cafe on Saturday night and both went down an absolute storm. True festival troupers right from the heart of the underground, they know the score.

Even louder shouts to Flip for keeping the fabulous party going in the Dance Tent. I know he's looking foward to Sunrise for some real relaxation, he never stopped and both him and Mrs Flip went well short of sleep ...

My personal favourite haunt for partying was Axis Sound System -- dub, roots and ting inna true quality big bass style :O

And the late 'unofficial' party late on Sunday in their tent (after Axis themselves had packed up) late Sunday may have pushed the boundaries of legal but was great fun while it lasted.

Goldblade in the beer tent late on Sunday ripped it up something special. Noisy old punx and nothing wrong with that .....

Fabulous choice of truly quality ales in that tent as well! The Chairwoman of Swansea Bay Beer Festival rates all concerned ....

Brilliant to meet and chat with so many efests regulars and ex regulars .....

We've been back for a while.

First of all major congratulations and thanks to both Riches, Flip and Mrs Flip and ALL the crew for putting on such a wonderful festival and most of all for coping so marvellously with such insane conditions.

I hope Bearded can happen again ultimately, even if it's necessary to take a year off or a lower key event in 2010, because of all the many fests I've been to, this one has got to be right up there for TRUE festival spirit.

Our tent collapsed (with festivaldeb having a nap inside!) and we'll have to buy a new one for Sunrise.

Big shouts to folkpunk heroes the Tofu Love Frogs (who I've always loved since 'back in the day' :P ) and to Tarantism (who I used to love quite a bit less shall we say, but maybe I'm rethinking now .... :P ). Both bands did impromptu sets under the canopy of a cafe on Saturday night and both went down an absolute storm. True festival troupers right from the heart of the underground, they know the score.

Even louder shouts to Flip for keeping the fabulous party going in the Dance Tent. I know he's looking foward to Sunrise for some real relaxation, he never stopped and both him and Mrs Flip went well short of sleep ...

My personal favourite haunt for partying was Axis Sound System -- dub, roots and ting inna true quality big bass style :O

And the late 'unofficial' party late on Sunday in their tent (after Axis themselves had packed up) late Sunday may have pushed the boundaries of legal but was great fun while it lasted.

Goldblade in the beer tent late on Sunday ripped it up something special. Noisy old punx and nothing wrong with that .....

Fabulous choice of truly quality ales in that tent as well! The Chairwoman of Swansea Bay Beer Festival rates all concerned ....

Brilliant to meet and chat with so many efests regulars and ex regulars .....

Got back from BT last night as my tent took a bit of a hammering. Looking at the BT web-site it looks as though Neville Staples set has been cancelled.

Such a pity this freakish thing happened as I was very impressed with the festival. Well organised, great spirit, beer/food options excellent, few issues with sound but nothing that wasn't sorted out pretty quickly, clean toilets and I had a jolly good time while I was there.

Glad to hear the injuries were only minor (who are now all back on-site) and I was with some of the efestival crowd before I left and everyone was in good spirits. Think they are getting the weather a it rough again today though.. :O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12NzNsxQDds

Video coverage, of the aftermath.

Edited by Harrow Strongbow Ciderman!