Bearded Theory 2009

Guest timespeedsup

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right then we are in need of street teams to target the pre-xmas gigs coming up, which include the 3 Daft Monkeys, Levellers, Dreadzone, Neville Staples, Alabama 3 and many other gigs/club nights across the country where you might be going to.

We will send you flyer's, posters and lots of loving for you to bear the cold and hand our lovely flyer's out with pride.

In return (this is where it gets very special)

We will give you beer tokens at the festival or a free 2009 t-shirt, or a discount on your Bearded Theory 2009 ticket. If you hit over 15 gigs we will give you a free ticket for Bearded Theory 2009.

And guess what there is more!!!!!!

We will put all the volunteers names in a hat for a prize draw to have the main stage named after them - either your name or a bizarre name you choose.

If you are interested in joining the street team please email info@beardedtheory.co.uk including your name, phone number, the gigs you can flier and what part of the country your from. We really look forward to hearing from you!!!

As I normally ask please re-post to all your online communities and lets make this event a success together.

During the credit crisis we cannot be to careful and we are aiming for maximum exposure but would like it marketed to the right people. We have appointed one of Londons main promotion companies to get us coverage from the right kind of publication.

Edited by BeardedTheory

• 4 weeks later...

Well, the dance tent line is now pritty much complete with the Saturday night headliner now being confirmed.... Very excited about the Green Nuns of the Revolution, the more I hear of their work the more I think this will be a stunning performance!!

When I get a mo I will put a full line up with links etc...

The dance tent also has a big proper soundsystem and a lovely circus big-top for 2009. lights/lazers sorted and just contemplating decor now...

Ticket sales going very well and with the mainstage headliners due to be announced soon, all is well!! :P and we are gonna have a great festie and raise a lovely amount of cash for Shelter!!!!!

Well, the dance tent line is now pritty much complete with the Saturday night headliner now being confirmed.... Very excited about the Green Nuns of the Revolution, the more I hear of their work the more I think this will be a stunning performance!!

When I get a mo I will put a full line up with links etc...

The dance tent also has a big proper soundsystem and a lovely circus big-top for 2009. lights/lazers sorted and just contemplating decor now...

Ticket sales going very well and with the mainstage headliners due to be announced soon, all is well!! :lol: and we are gonna have a great festie and raise a lovely amount of cash for Shelter!!!!!

Hiya folks! Is there any news on stewarding at this festie yet? We've e-mailed asking for details, cos we'd really really like to do Bearded Theory again next year, but we've heard nothing! :lol: Not sure whether this is down to nothing having happened yet or whether it's down to the stoopid dongle thing that I have to use to connect to the internet at home these days letting me down again!? By the way, I may be able to help with the publicity thing - but I'll try emailing again about that! :lol:

Hiya folks! Is there any news on stewarding at this festie yet? We've e-mailed asking for details, cos we'd really really like to do Bearded Theory again next year, but we've heard nothing! :lol: Not sure whether this is down to nothing having happened yet or whether it's down to the stoopid dongle thing that I have to use to connect to the internet at home these days letting me down again!? By the way, I may be able to help with the publicity thing - but I'll try emailing again about that! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Bearded Theory returns in 2009 for an extended 3 days following the great success of the first ever Bearded Theory Festival in May 2008.

The festival in 2008 was put on for a minor £6,000, we spent wisely, worked very long hours but donated £2,500 to Oxfam (Tickets were charged at £12).

In 2009 we will charge more because we want to offer the people that come more. We are one of the cheapest events on the market with adult tickets at £45 and children’s tickets start from £5. Most UK festivals charge in the excess of £100 a ticket and in 2009 we are aiming to provide very similar facilities with a line up that can challenge some of these festivals. We can do this because we do not set out to make shed loads of money and any we do make is given away!!!

The event will continue to donate profit to charities with 2009 being dedicated to raise money for Shelter and Padley Day Centre in Derby (Homeless Centre).

The festival tries to move mountains by involving and giving access to people that maybe would not have the option of attending festivals. In 2009 we are inviting people from the homeless community to help steward the event and in turn will be fed, given accommodation and spending money. Once they have completed their shifts we will write them a reference in the hope this will help them find work and get back on them their feet.

What better way is there to raise money for charity??

The festivals tag line is a festival for the people by the people and the reason for this is that all our meetings are open door, so if you have an idea come along and share them with us and if you want to get involved we will let you. There is no organising hierarchy we all just muck in and get the job done.

The event is not just about music; in 2009 we have access to over 30 acres of land. While the capacity has increased slightly we will invest in all areas to improve on the festival of 2008.

We have 5 stages of music and comedy for 2009 including an outdoor stage with heated perimeters, big top dance stage, late night campfire stage, Dub/Reggae tent and finally the legendary open mic stage.

We have an amazing line up which consists of season pros to buskers and we have a large comedy slots on the campfire stage to try and bring a different element to the festival. The full line up will be released on December 19th 2008.

90% of all the bands booked for 2009 have come from requests of the people that attended. The line up is as diverse as the people that attend the festival in the hope we have something for everyone.

The children’s area will be expanded into a 1 acre space where we have everything from children’s carnivals, story tellers, children’s arcade, parachute, junk modelling, skiffle workshops, environmental talks, forest schools, children’s open mic tent, children’s disco tent, solar cinema, scavenger hunts, nature trails and so much more. The area will be huge and every children’s activity will be FREE.

We are hand picking food traders from across the country to offer brilliant food at reasonable prices. We do not charge traders as much as other festivals to enforce a sensible pricing policy so people are not ripped off.

The beer tent will offer everything from Real Ales, Ciders and will have Bearded Theory’s own ale available. Again the beer prices will be at pub prices and we have fixed the prices at £2.20 a pint for 2009!!!! (No beer tokens!!!)

The event will be as green as possible with a huge recycling project and where possible use solar power when physically possible.

Please come along and support the event, support the charities we give to and let’s have a dance for charity.

Tickets are available to buy on line via etickets http://www.etickets.to/buy/?e=1764 and we can now take payments over the phone using your credit as well as taking payments via postal order, cheque and BACS. For more details either visit our website www.beardedtheory.co.uk (ticket page) or phone us on 01527 592756. (We have sold over 500 tickets so far).

For all the latest news visit our website or forum www.beardedtheory.co.uk

:D The Levs gig in Brum is a very sore subject around these parts at the moment due to the fact that our designated driver (me! :D) was unable to leave the bog pan for long enough to even reach the car - let alone drive anyway! :D Bet it was ace as well! Some good surprises would be more than welcome at the moment :D (as long as they're not accompanied by more dreaded lurgies - arghh!)

LINE UP (WILL BE GOING LIVE ON OUR WEBSITE ANYTIME NOW)

Subgiant

Dreadzone Sound System

Crane Brothers

Tarantism

The Jam Jars

The Roseville Band

The Boothill Allstars

The Hedgerow Crawlers

Mad Dog Mcrae

Tiny Tin Lady

Rev Hammer & Guest

Justin Sullivan & Dean White (New Model Army)

Angels Alibi

3 Daft Monkeys

The Beards

The Beetroot Kings

Ferocious Dog

The Roseville Band

Neville Staple

Gold Blade

Hobo Jones and the Junkyard Dogs

Eddie and the Hot Rods

Smoke Like A Fish

Patchwork Grace