Alchemy Festival

Guest Alchemy Festival

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Setting off within the hour...

If anybody hasn't set off yet from the south/midlands/west and has a route that involves the A453 south-west of Nottingham - find a different route as there are major delays due to a burst water mains.

Also the M18 has over-running roadworks on both sides of the carriageway...

What an amazingly chilled festival, easily the best festival atmosphere of the year - well done to the organisers, just a shame there were'nt more people there to experience the vibe.

Just a couple of small gripes, band listings on the friday would have been handy - took ages to find out when 3 daft monkeys were playing, much improved on sat / sun. And dare I say it, the catering, I think it was done "in house", a brave attempt, but only being able to cook one meal at a time did mean a long wait for food - which was very good, perhaps a couple more external caterers next time.

Having said that, we will be back next year, my triplets and us had a great time with such a friendly bunch of folk.

Thanks to all, see you next year!

How many Ys in Alchemuuuuuuuuuuuu…

My biggest memory of Alchemy will be that I havent laughed so much in ages…

I will admit I was a little worried on Friday when I arrived at the lack of toilets on site and the complete absence of access to water at all in the campervan site! It then became apparent that there was no programme, and after a quick walk around the site a lack of food stalls, (unless leek and potatoe soup is your favorite food, it certantly wouldn’t have been after 3 days of it for breakfast, lunch and dinner)…and I was starting to think that maybe we should have gone to Loopallu instead…

It was certanlty a good job that we took enough food to feed all 8 of us fer the weekend…plenty of bacon, eggs, BBQ meat and lovely chilli and cous cous.

So I’m very surprised to be writing that I think this was probably my favorite weekend of the year…and it really was down to the relaxed vibe, the people (the lack of chavs) the blazing sunshine, the fact that the wellies stayed in the car all weeknd, im pleased to report that the white strap marks on my shoulders was tan and not dirt (lacking showers too) and the lovely company…

This weekend was never about the music fer me…one of group did panic on Sunday morning when he heard that the main stage had gone! loved Subgiant and Tarantism (both sets).

So the tent that we thought was critically damaged at Solfest was resurected for one final curtain call…however I came home chairless thanks to Levellerrich…either they don’t make em like they used too or….well…

Also how fantastic is it when you can drive you car to your tent to pack away when your knackered on Monday morning.

No programme, no tshirts, no mud. no problem… hope to see you next year Achemuuuuuuuuuu