Which Song/s Take You Back To Glastonbury?

Guest DeclarationOfWar

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same for me with Elbow, the One Day Like This singalong and their opening song Starlings always takes me back there, both such beautiful and memorable songs, shame I can't properly remember the rest of their set, I didn't really know them before Glastonbury but I certainly do now.

Few other songs that take me back, Knocked Up by Kings of Leon, Soul on Fire by Spritualised and Fake Empire by The National.

Groove Armada - Superstylin' I think for me - Other stage this year, Sunday night, weekend coming to an end, and this drops and you're straight back up fer it, and like someone else said above, going mental with thousands of friends :P

Another vote for 'One Day Like This' - a song that EVERYONE seems to like - because it's totally ruddy beautiful. Roll on October so I get to see them again in Wolverhampton. I don't think I've taken that song off my mp3 player since I first bought The Seldom Seen Kid all those months ago, and whenever I hear it, I see the sun, I see the flags, I see the smiles and I see Guy's sunburnt face!

Also, Buddy Guy covering Mustang Sally was VERY special.

Same for me with Elbow, the One Day Like This singalong and their opening song Starlings always takes me back there, both such beautiful and memorable songs, shame I can't properly remember the rest of their set, I didn't really know them before Glastonbury but I certainly do now.

Few other songs that take me back, Knocked Up by Kings of Leon, Soul on Fire by Spritualised and Fake Empire by The National.

songs that will for ever remind me of this years glasto

on call - kings of leon, thier best song for me and only reason I went to see em on the friday

massive attack - unfinished symphony, never thought I'd ever hear that song live

mgmt - time to pretend, never even saw this just heard that hook when I was working up on the campervans field and stuck in my head

the verve - love is noise, remember thinking why aint they finished with bittersweet only to be blown away by that last song, never forget it

Frank Turner -Photosynthesis & long live the Queen

Anything by Vampire weekend

and for some reason

Ting Tings (not saying this is a good or bad thing) Local DJ (although i cant stand them) - Im trying to sit on the fence and failing

Oh yeah and the Vever - Love is noise

Edited by Chazeboy

"Because the Night/The Pan Within" - Waterboys, 1986

"God's Comic" - Elvis Costello, balmy sunner's night in 1989

"This is the Sea/Ragman" - Deacon Blue, 1990 (plus the Cure on Saturday night, with the helicopter having to descend to take a girl to hospital who'd been crushed against the barriers at the front).

James opening with a Morrissey song in 1992 (they were a late minute replacement for the king of misery)

"Stagger Lee" - Nick Cave, 1998 (for it's gratuitously offensive lyrics on a Sunday afternoon!!)

"Let's Stay Together" - Al Green, 1999.

"Starman" - David Bowie in 2000

"Money" with the amazing "surround sound" effects - Roger Waters in 2002

"Hallejujah" - Leonard Cohen in 2008

For some reason don't seem to remember much from the mid-90s.

Sean

One Day Like This - Elbow

Time to Pretend & Kids - MGMT

Fake Empire - The National

Solomon Browne - Seth Lakeman (flag)

Suzanne & Hallelujah - Leonard Cohen

Girl Like You - Edwyn Collins (or whatever the title is)

Sorry it is more than one, but any one of the above, plus a few others, can take me right back there. Roll on 5th October, and good luck everybody :D

This Year

I heard Wonderwall on the radio recently and I just had the biggest 'I remember Jay Z' grin on my face

The Wombats are on repeat in the car at the moment, great fun, sing along gig in the sunshine

Anything by Basement Jaxx, simply because I had 100,000 mates dancing along and smiling back at me...

Dodgy - Staying Out For the Summer

Radiohead - Creep

Lightning Seeds - Three Lions

Pulp - Common People

Happy Mondays - Step On

Rolf Harris - Two Little Boys

Alabama3 - REHAB

Charlatans - The Only One

Rolf Harris - Stairway To Heaven

REM - Everybody Hurts

the year of caberat

The Who - You Better You Bet