Benicassim 2008

Guest stubbs

hey i am maltese too but that doesnt matter.. in the years i went 2006 and especially 2007, the brits were a disgrace. behaving just like brit tourists behave in every city you go to. utterly devoid of any class and style, barging everywhere, stupidly noisy.. you know, british tourists, red fat ugly and annoying shits.

but, as i stress, the good 10 percent could be the best people in the world.. but the rest are a disgrace to humanity. silly and ugly race.

hey i am maltese too but that doesnt matter.. in the years i went 2006 and especially 2007, the brits were a disgrace. behaving just like brit tourists behave in every city you go to. utterly devoid of any class and style, barging everywhere, stupidly noisy.. you know, british tourists, red fat ugly and annoying shits.

but, as i stress, the good 10 percent could be the best people in the world.. but the rest are a disgrace to humanity. silly and ugly race.

hey guys,

I'm still in recovery from Benicassim. Been in the forutnate position of having done Isle of Wight and Glastonbury already this summer, but Benni was great. Justice were one of the greatest things I've ever seen. Started off in the middle front, then after half the set went to the big steps to the right and danced my socks off there with some mates. Hot Chip were really good as well.

As for the whole brits thing, I had heard from people that there was too big a presence there, and I'd be inclined to agree (hypocritical being English myself I know). But I still met a good group of Norwegians, some French guys and plenty of really cool Spanish people (who are all nutters, 24 hour party people for the entire week). I was with some girls and they had a bit of trouble with one english group of guys who were so messed up on drugs they didn't know where they were, and threatened to burn down their tent at one point! But other than that it was just the amount of english there, as opposed to any bad attitude they might have had.

Anyway, I had a wicked time, and would go again in a heartbeat. So different to just chill during the day, then wander off to see bands late at night. Mika at 3am was a rather weird experience!

And the beer was quite pricey, but remember it wasn't 7 and a half euros for a pint, but a pint and a half, so that's about London prices anyway really. Was annoyed that all the stuff before said you could take in plastic bottles though, and when we got to the arena bit the security confiscated everything. That first night, watching people down all their drinks by the entrance as they realised they couldn't take anything in, was quite amusing though.

Oh and does anyone know where to get t-shirts from. Lost the last of my cash on the Sunday so couldn;t afford one. Looked on the fiberfib site but they just have the ones with the face on it. Was looking either for one with the line-up on, or the one with the picture of a stage and crowd on the front.

have emailed fiber, and the organisers, and on-stage, but not got a single reponse from anyone. Nothing on ebay as well (which I knew would be a long shot).

Oh and does anyone know where to get t-shirts from. Lost the last of my cash on the Sunday so couldn;t afford one. Looked on the fiberfib site but they just have the ones with the face on it. Was looking either for one with the line-up on, or the one with the picture of a stage and crowd on the front.

have emailed fiber, and the organisers, and on-stage, but not got a single reponse from anyone. Nothing on ebay as well (which I knew would be a long shot).

My girlfriend and I were 2 members of the "larger" Aussie contigent that seemed apparent this year....and although we only stayed the Friday night (mainly to see MBV) the entire day/night was incredible.

We met some fabulous and friendly people who were only too happy to sit and have a chat and shoot questions with a couple of "Ozzies" who travelled half way round the globe to attend such a truly amazing event -as we are from the land Down Under shows like FIB are just not going to happen with the general 'acceptance' of behaviour in the site grounds. We couldnt quite believe the blatant hedonistic behaviour of....well everyone really and it was refreshing that we didnt see any serious aggression of any kind....

the portaloos scenario became interesting as the night wore on....but portaloos are their own enigma that exist within their own dimension and are a cosmic fixture at festivals that just have to be dealt with....thank goodness we had a bottle of hand sanitiser and hand tissues...2 must haves where portaloos are concerned.

As first timers it was odd the gates opening at 5:30pm - and when the sun set and the sugarmen appeared it became an experience I dont think we'll ever surpass hehe...

a magical evening we had and it wont be the last FIB for us thats for sure.

Edited by carloshayez

My girlfriend and I were 2 members of the "larger" Aussie contigent that seemed apparent this year....and although we only stayed the Friday night (mainly to see MBV) the entire day/night was incredible.

We met some fabulous and friendly people who were only too happy to sit and have a chat and shoot questions with a couple of "Ozzies" who travelled half way round the globe to attend such a truly amazing event -as we are from the land Down Under shows like FIB are just not going to happen with the general 'acceptance' of behaviour in the site grounds. We couldnt quite believe the blatant hedonistic behaviour of....well everyone really and it was refreshing that we didnt see any serious aggression of any kind....

the portaloos scenario became interesting as the night wore on....but portaloos are their own enigma that exist within their own dimension and are a cosmic fixture at festivals that just have to be dealt with....thank goodness we had a bottle of hand sanitiser and hand tissues...2 must haves where portaloos are concerned.

As first timers it was odd the gates opening at 5:30pm - and when the sun set and the sugarmen appeared it became an experience I dont think we'll ever surpass hehe...

a magical evening we had and it wont be the last FIB for us thats for sure.

I had a great time at my first Beni! We are going back next year for sure!!

The only thing I found that annoyed me was the mess in the town and on the beach. Mostly the Brit's were just chucking there rubbish even when a bin was nearby and it made such a nice place look awful and no wonder the locals hate us Brits! Pick up your rubbish next year people! x x x

It was my first time this year also, and thought it was absolutely quality! Highlights were probably:

Morrissey

Booka Shade

Jose Gonzalez

Sigur Ros

Metope

The camping was also amazing, probably the best part for me. The only thing that let it down, in my opinion, was on the last night at the beach when everyone was burning the wooden decking. We were speaking to some of the locals and were in complete agreeance with them - it's not fair to start destroying the town after they were so hospitable. But then I suppose that's what we Brits do.

Pattard - we met you in the campsite - we were the group that were opposite the shower block with the massive tarpaulin and gazebo. I don't think we hugged, though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I loved it. I'm so gutted to be back in London.

Kicked off the week with a storming night in Barca then headed down to our bungalows (3 of them!) in Bonterra Park. I would very quietly recommend these... they were a god send. Well worth making that drunken phone call at 7am on Jan 1st.

Highlights for me were;

Sigur Ros

Ting Tings

Hot Chip

Calvin Harris

Justice

My Morning Jacket

and Gnarls Barkley.

Oh and the beach parties before and after the festival. Sex in the sea is awesome.

We met some great people throughout the week who were just as keen for fun as we were!

We were the crazy guys on the last night covered in neon paint- we made utter fools of ourselves on the podium in the Pistapop tent... good times!!

• 4 months later...