Benicassim 2008

Guest stubbs

Im just sitting in Barcelona before going home tomorrow.

Who was the best band or artist you saw then?

Morrissey was good last night, me and my mate even bought some flowers especially for his set ha ha

Anyone have any funny stories or owt then?

Im just sitting in Barcelona before going home tomorrow.

Who was the best band or artist you saw then?

Morrissey was good last night, me and my mate even bought some flowers especially for his set ha ha

Anyone have any funny stories or owt then?

Don't get me started on that idiot! I left when he started preaching his rubbish. Geez a song and shut yer face in between.

I loved The Kills and My Bloody Valentine! I'd never heard Erol Alkan's stuff before but listening to it just now and it's great!! Will need to catch him some time.

I loved my French neighbours, they fired into anything that didn't have a tackle between its legs. I also liked at 8am on Tuesday at train station some guy shouting "RAISE YOUR HAND IF YOU SHAGGED". That was funny.

Though the greatest highlight for me was seeing naked people in showers.

PS Chorizo hot dogs all the way

I'm not against vegetarianism or veganism, but don't tell people who choose to eat meat that they're murderers, not on stage where you're hired to perform. That's just arrogant.

I loved Morrissey in his Smiths days, and he is a great lyricist, but he is up his own arse a bit. Am I right or am I right?

beni was ok, asfter a few weeks of travelling i didnt really feel like it. I really enoyed the raconteurs, morrissey, leonard cohen, sigur ros, brain jonestown massacar. But i did think that the atmosphere was kinda flat and it took a lot for the bands to get the crowd into, most people werent there for the music as such, but saying all that it was a giid festival. But 2.50 euros for water! Thats an outrage lol

I thought it was great on the whole and would deffinatley go back one day!

the campsite was friendly and very laid back and the lack of over the top security guards really let the festival just be what it was... the water park was great fun, the beach was excellent... considering you were on the beach front i thought 4 euro's for a pint of amstall or heineken on the beach was more than acceptable! and with a bit of searchin around we found a bar serving ice cold pints of San Miguel for 2 euro's all week....sorted! :lol:

I thought the festival itself was average to good! the acts were all good who i saw...highlights being Hot Chip, Tricky, The Raconteurs and Leonard Cohen, the atmosphere wasnt there for lots of bands but some did deffinatly pull it off! could not beleive a pint of Heineken was 7.50 euro's tho! that is a joke! and i didnt even consider buyin one!

The act i had been looking forward to seeing all week was one of my heroes Morrissey! and i have to say i was suprisingly dissapointed by him or ther 1st time! what a total anti hits setlist! which is not what u want at a festival! and his whole attitude what stink! if he had shut up between his songs and trown 3 or 4 real hits in ther e.g. ther is a light, sundae, suedehead, you have killed me... it could have been immense! as i think the crowd were up for him...

on the whole a great festival! and i WILL be back there one day!

:lol::D

Just got back from Spain Yesterday and am feeling major come down blues.... luckily we had a fews days "recovery" in our very backward (but freakingly amazing) town of Marina D'Or... missing it so much....

The festy for me was ALL ABOUT:

Justice

Hotchip

Erol

Battles

Sigur Ros

My Bloody Valentine

The Glimmers

Josh Wink

Lost my mind a few times to these...... I want to be back there now :lol:(

We met SO many amazing peeps out there, anyone recognise me, get in touch... it's Tiffany from Leeds by the way....

Laters xx

Back home now and sick as a chip, with blistered feet!

I thought compared to last year there seemed to be allot more of posh 6th form kids there spending daddys money getting totally off there faces, which was slightly annoying.

There also seemed to be more of a police presence on the bridge where all the gypos hang out selling pretty much owt you want.

Still had a great time, deffo will be getting a hotel next year if o go, dont know if i could handle a 3rd year of sweating my tits off in my tent

I loved it. I'm so gutted to be back in London.

Kicked off the week with a storming night in Barca then headed down to our bungalows (3 of them!) in Bonterra Park. I would very quietly recommend these... they were a god send. Well worth making that drunken phone call at 7am on Jan 1st.

Highlights for me were;

Sigur Ros

Ting Tings

Hot Chip

Calvin Harris

Justice

My Morning Jacket

and Gnarls Barkley.

Oh and the beach parties before and after the festival. Sex in the sea is awesome.

We met some great people throughout the week who were just as keen for fun as we were!

We were the crazy guys on the last night covered in neon paint- we made utter fools of ourselves on the podium in the Pistapop tent... good times!!

highlights for me were (in no particular order)

Sigur Ros

Justice

Hot Chip

Booka Shade

Erol Alkan, (best DJ set I have heard in a while, bring on Fabric on the 22/08, gotta see him again)

great times in the pista tent pulling out all manner of amazing dance moves!!

came back minus a phone, £60 sunglasses and a brain, good times though

Edited by Anthom

Too many funny stories. Where do i start my mate disappearing for 4 hours one morning cos he had convinved himself he had killed someone and was on the run. My other mate having a full blown arguement with himself in his tent whilst on some crazy trip. You may have seen us. we were on perve police patrol just up from the toilets most afternoons sitting right on the path. Or i could be found having a short kip around 4 am most evenings on the astro turf. Morrissey started promising but was crap in the end. Calvin Harris was good Josh Wink was good. Tricky is the worst band i have ever laid eyes on. some talented singer singing gibberish and a gimp ranting on the mic. I fail to see how that constitutes music. Justice were awesome, raconteurs and courteeners both good. gnarls was ok when he played the ones everyone knew. Other than that unreal had a great time. Seemed to be a lot of toffy nosed kids there who seemed about 17. I saw one group that could have been chess champions sniffing coke off coins with a torch attached to his head like a miner would have had. Was too funny. Hardcore.

Too many funny stories. Where do i start my mate disappearing for 4 hours one morning cos he had convinved himself he had killed someone and was on the run. My other mate having a full blown arguement with himself in his tent whilst on some crazy trip. You may have seen us. we were on perve police patrol just up from the toilets most afternoons sitting right on the path. Or i could be found having a short kip around 4 am most evenings on the astro turf. Morrissey started promising but was crap in the end. Calvin Harris was good Josh Wink was good. Tricky is the worst band i have ever laid eyes on. some talented singer singing gibberish and a gimp ranting on the mic. I fail to see how that constitutes music. Justice were awesome, raconteurs and courteeners both good. gnarls was ok when he played the ones everyone knew. Other than that unreal had a great time. Seemed to be a lot of toffy nosed kids there who seemed about 17. I saw one group that could have been chess champions sniffing coke off coins with a torch attached to his head like a miner would have had. Was too funny. Hardcore.

my friend told me that the police and security were far more uptight on drugs this year than on past years.. with really tough searches.. is that true? that would reduce the validity of the festival.

before it was easier to get drugs than water yes..

more brits than last year? thank christ i didnt come.. 90 percent of the brits at european festivals are nasty ugly and stupid pieces of shit.. 90 percent, i stress. 10 percent are absolutely wonderful people.

before it was easier to get drugs than water yes..

more brits than last year? thank christ i didnt come.. 90 percent of the brits at european festivals are nasty ugly and stupid pieces of shit.. 90 percent, i stress. 10 percent are absolutely wonderful people.

Everyone is complaining about the Brits, especially the Brits. I mets hundreds and hundreds of English people and all of them (except for one group) were so amazing. I sat and talked with them for hours. They were all excited about the free Maltese hugs we were giving. I would spend hours (before and after) the festival was on just walking around the campsite meeting new people. I would just stumble into a camp, tell them i am from Malta and giving away free hugs and they would all accept me and tell me to sit down and join them. No problem with the Brits for me.