Interpol - 2009 Time to bring em back

Guest ivan

I had not come across Interpol until I saw them as the first band on at the NME Tour quite a few years back.

They walked on stage at the Leeds Met , went into Untitled and within 5 seconds I had fallen in love with em.

Bought TOTBL the following day , and I have loved em ever since !

The coolest band in the world

Apart from "Evil" I don't think their stuff is that good. Ive seen them play Glasters before and it was a bit of a snoozefest.

I get the impression that if they looked like Embrace they wouldnt get a look in. Ultimate in style over substance. And thats coming from a KISS fan. Sorry Ivan.

:rolleyes:

Interpol are just brilliant, would love to see them back. Last time i saw them at ally pally they were superb, would be a must see for me if they played.

I had not come across Interpol until I saw them as the first band on at the NME Tour quite a few years back.

They walked on stage at the Leeds Met , went into Untitled and within 5 seconds I had fallen in love with em.

Bought TOTBL the following day , and I have loved em ever since !

The coolest band in the world

I broke down during the extended outro to Roland when the clouds opened, it was a little bit too much for me. One of the best shows I have ever seen in my entire life.

I believe they are on a break (2010 anyone?) but an Other Stage headline slot would be outrageously good.

I can't see any reference in this thread that this story is reported big time (almost a full page) in the Guardian newspaper today - yes, the same Guardian that have been sponsors of the festival for many years.

They are not claiming absolutely without dispute that it will be Bruce / Neil / Blur but it is VERY PROMINENT.

The article is there on page 7 but I can't find a 23 Dec link to the story on the Guardian web site.

I can't see any reference in this thread that this story is reported big time (almost a full page) in the Guardian newspaper today - yes, the same Guardian that have been sponsors of the festival for many years.

They are not claiming absolutely without dispute that it will be Bruce / Neil / Blur but it is VERY PROMINENT.

The article is there on page 7 but I can't find a 23 Dec link to the story on the Guardian web site.