Interpol - 2009 Time to bring em back

Guest ivan

After the Euphoria of Glastonbury , I needed a bunch of moody , dark New Yorkers like a hole in the head.

But last night in Manchester proved once again why this band are so good.

I was gutted Glastonbury did not bag em this year , but hey mistakes happen !

<_<

Did anyone see them Glasto 2003? In the blazing hot sunshine?

Interpol are 10 times a better band than Panic at the Disco!

Please book them next year!

After the Euphoria of Glastonbury , I needed a bunch of moody , dark New Yorkers like a hole in the head.

But last night in Manchester proved once again why this band are so good.

I was gutted Glastonbury did not bag em this year , but hey mistakes happen !

<_<

I was there last night and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Thought the sound was rubbish. The vocal was far to way back in the mix and I want to know where the keyboard played got that hat!

NYC, was pretty damn good though.

I like Interpol but I've always thought they are a bit overrated myself. They've always given me the impression they were trying too hard to be 'arty' or something. I've always preferred Editors in the moody deep voice rock slot. I think if I saw them live at night with some good lights and a good performance, it would probably change my opinion of them. I am totally for them being Other Stage headliners, I think if Panic at the Disco are deemed worthy of that slot then so should Interpol. I would love to hear Untitled at the Other Stage at night, do they still play that song live?

I think Sigur Ros followed by Interpol would be a great booking for friday night on the Other Stage.

I like Interpol but I've always thought they are a bit overrated myself. They've always given me the impression they were trying too hard to be 'arty' or something. I've always preferred Editors in the moody deep voice rock slot. I think if I saw them live at night with some good lights and a good performance, it would probably change my opinion of them. I am totally for them being Other Stage headliners, I think if Panic at the Disco are deemed worthy of that slot then so should Interpol. I would love to hear Untitled at the Other Stage at night, do they still play that song live?

I think Sigur Ros followed by Interpol would be a great booking for friday night on the Other Stage.

• 5 months later...

Turn On The Bright Lights is one of the best albums of this century. Its astoundingly good.

They would be a phenomenal Other Stage headliner in my eyes.

EDIT: Editors are bloody awful these days, really bad in comparison to Interpol. Joy Division are nothing like either in my opinion.

Edited by Joshuwarr