1st time at global

Guest duckey

hiya there, it will be my first time at global this year, ive been to loads of festivals just never a dance one,cant wait! but a mate of mine said there dead strict on leting alchol in ? any adivice or are u aloud alchol into the campsite but just not into the arena were there music is cheers!

No alcohol or drinkable liquids at all are allowed to be brought on site.

The slcohol issue is down to Warwickshire Council's terms that they have imposed on the events licence.

The official line on why things like water and soft drinks being brought onsite, is that its to help cut down queing time, but reducing the amount of liquids found in searches having to be checked for alcohol.

The slcohol issue is down to Warwickshire Council's terms that they have imposed on the events licence.

The official line on why things like water and soft drinks being brought onsite, is that its to help cut down queing time, but reducing the amount of liquids found in searches having to be checked for alcohol.

Edited by digitalpunk

Im pretty sure they'll let us take bottles of water in! Provided they are sealed of course.

**Just checked this years camping info and its the same as last year, no alcohol allowed on the site, but juice/ water is fine, provided they are not in glass bottles.

no they wont its on the official forum no liquids at all

they havent update the camping info

as it would put alot of people off

read here

http://www.talkfestivals.com/showthread.php?t=2417

read there, there is no liquids at all to be taken into the campsite, even ice is banned

there also not selling crates of lager either this year, so you have to buy cans/bottles seperately

That is the most f**king stupid thing I have ever heard of.

NO LIQUIDS WHATSOEVER. Seriously I cannot believe they can be so stupid, this is a dance festival where people are going to be completey wasted and dehydrating quickly, and these dumb f**ks say bottled water isn't allowed?? Its completely beyond belief.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

This is my first time at Global Gathering and if i would of known i can not bring my own drinks into the campsite, i wouldnt of got the ticket....im absolutely amazed!!

I usually go to Rock festivals and as long as you dont take in glass into the campsites....you can take in what you like (drinks i mean).

No wonder most people at Global take drugs.....its much cheaper than the rip off drinks prices. As i do not take drugs and have already spent a fortune on the ticket........looks like a sobber festival for me :O

GUTTED!!!!

Hi

This is my first time at Global Gathering and if i would of known i can not bring my own drinks into the campsite, i wouldnt of got the ticket....im absolutely amazed!!

I usually go to Rock festivals and as long as you dont take in glass into the campsites....you can take in what you like (drinks i mean).

No wonder most people at Global take drugs.....its much cheaper than the rip off drinks prices. As i do not take drugs and have already spent a fortune on the ticket........looks like a sobber festival for me :)

GUTTED!!!!

Edited by Gavinder