Shlomo Presents Music Through Unconventional Means

Guest fullfathom5

gah - i KNEW that'd be top, but it clashed with something important - probably elbow, i think, who were (quite rightly) my no.1 priority of the festival - hope to see some highlights on 'telly, cos the few bits of shlomo i have seen were bonkers amazing. goddamn clashes! the bane of my fessie life!

Yeah i came up there and listened to them whilst waiting for The Last Shadow Puppets to come on, it made the wait all that bit shorter it was rather good.

outstanding, his show has moved on so much since his early days and his whole beat box "orchestra" were just outstanding as well as all the special guests giving fresh sounds to the beat box set up.

great to see they were running late but still got 10 minute encoure at the end! the park knows no time!

Thought this was amaaazing, was going to watch a bit then run down to Elbow but had a really good spot near the stage and was digging it so much I couldn't leave in the end! (Thankfully still caught the end of Elbow).

But yeah, this blew me away completely. For those now enamoured by Bellatrix, her myspace is here:

Bellatrix myspace

and there's quite a lot of vids for her here:

Bellatrix on Beatbox World

I loved how much they loved it too - always nice to see, and they clearly enjoyed themselves. Super talented group of people, so glad I made this :D

• 10 months later...

Shlomo has a TBC at the Park for the Saturday afternoon! Hurrah - the vocal orchestra is back and kicking!

Who do we think will come and guest with him? Lily Allen and The Specials have both done it before, so maybe they'll pop up again? Or who is your absolute dream guest?

Imagine if, for example, a decmberists popped up and they did a massive great big death-rave version of a Decemberists classic - now that would be quality!

I didn't see him at glastonbury, but did see him at a local festival in 2004 (maybe 03). he did a ten min slot and it was absolutley amazing. don't remember why i missed him last year but if he plays i shall be there.

Saw half an hour or so of this last time but was going off to see someone else. Was very good.

On another note, how many of other people's sets did Shlomo appear in?! I remember seeing him with Get Cape, Martha Wainwright and in one of Yoda's videos! Obviously I didn't see all of his appearances, so who else was he on stage with?

yes! watching this in the afternoon sun was one of my favourite glasto '08 moments, lets hope shlomo and his orchestra are back again this year!

shlomo is a genius - that sub-bass thing he does by putting the mic on his neck is amazing, but seeing a full beatboxing orchestra is something else!

Shlomo has a TBC at the Park for the Saturday afternoon! Hurrah - the vocal orchestra is back and kicking!

Who do we think will come and guest with him? Lily Allen and The Specials have both done it before, so maybe they'll pop up again?

eh? When did the Specials guest with Shlomo on The Park?

Terry Hall and Lynval Golding played The Park two years ago as a part of African Express. Have they played there another time?

Oh that's right, it was an Africa Express show, but Shlomo was playing as well!!! (I think that's it anyway). Here's a quote from a forum:

"At Glastonbury 2007 Shlomo performed a live version of "A Message To You Rudy" accompanying Terry Hall and Lynval Golding from The Specials, with Damon Albarn on the piano"

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Sh...(human_beatbox)

i was there, but I didn't realise that the beatboxer was Shlomo.