How To Make Guy Ropes Glow?

Guest emeeuk

Okay Okay, so I am one of these annoying people who have black guy ropes.. Problems is my tent is an obscure shape and its needs the guy ropes to hold it up, the ropes are specific to the tent and I cant replace them with neon ones ( i have looked into that)

How can I make them more noticeable, I tried tying stuff to them, I tried cutting open a glow stick and smearing the glowy juice on them, all works until it gets really dark and then I hear the inevitable tripping and thudding!!

Anyone got any tips?

Okay Okay, so I am one of these annoying people who have black guy ropes.. Problems is my tent is an obscure shape and its needs the guy ropes to hold it up, the ropes are specific to the tent and I cant replace them with neon ones ( i have looked into that)

How can I make them more noticeable, I tried tying stuff to them, I tried cutting open a glow stick and smearing the glowy juice on them, all works until it gets really dark and then I hear the inevitable tripping and thudding!!

Anyone got any tips?

I would be inclined not to stretch them out very far as it probably won't be that windy, what with the heat wave we're going to have this week!!! :blink:

However, on the subject! I got some glow in the dark paint from my local toy/craft shop and it's quite good! Haven't tried it on guy ropes, but can't see that it would be a problem? :huh:

Glow stick contents will fade eventually after about 12 hours as they rely on a chemical reaction, that would probaly be sped up by oxygen! But the paint I have gets cahrged in the sun light!

Hope this helps!! :lol:

Buy a few of the glow in the dark wristbands/necklaces...they're about 8-10 inches long, about as thick as cooked spaghetti. Just tape one or two to the guy ropes each night and they'll glow all night. Replace the next night. Saves getting your guy ropes all painty and thick and crusty.

my dad has bright orange ones that glow in the dark, but it still doesn't stop people tripping up over them. especially when they are intoxicated due to various substances. :blink:

• 1 year later...

Anyone got any tips?

Something like this me think's

glo-worms-insitu.jpg

We use the striped tape that some 'territorial' people use to mark out their pitches - the sort council workers put round holes or police use to mark out a crime scene.

We don't use it to bar people from our patch but run it down all the guy ropes.

We also use it to link the bottom of each guy rope to the next to that it marks out a pathway between the tents.

It's not so much to keep others out - we are very welcoming - but to help our own gang from inadvertantly tripping over our own guy ropes at night.

We use the striped tape that some 'territorial' people use to mark out their pitches - the sort council workers put round holes or police use to mark out a crime scene.

We don't use it to bar people from our patch but run it down all the guy ropes.

We also use it to link the bottom of each guy rope to the next to that it marks out a pathway between the tents.

It's not so much to keep others out - we are very welcoming - but to help our own gang from inadvertantly tripping over our own guy ropes at night.