Amusing Glastonbury Quotes

Guest Storm_NL

At the Glade, dark, dancing about in the mud. there was a broken light stick and the fluorescent liquid was glowing in the mud, me and my mate watched our other mate staring at it for a while, then he bent down, picked up a load of mud and a thin line of the glowing stuff and he then tapped a girl on the shoulder and asked her if she had dropped her necklace.... the look she gave him was brilliant...................then he was annoyed at us for letting him pick up the "radioactive shit."

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the Glade, dark, dancing about in the mud. there was a broken light stick and the fluorescent liquid was glowing in the mud, me and my mate watched our other mate staring at it for a while, then he bent down, picked up a load of mud and a thin line of the glowing stuff and he then tapped a girl on the shoulder and asked her if she had dropped her necklace.... the look she gave him was brilliant...................then he was annoyed at us for letting him pick up the "radioactive shit."

If we're talking embarrasing self quotes, mine would be a group of us heading off to watch Leftfield on the Other stage, I was more than a little, erm, worse for wear. We walked through the Glade and I loudly proclaimed something along the lines of "Bloody hell the other stage has got a lot smaller this year", when of course I was looking at the glade stage. Never lived that one down.

Not from glastonbury.. but one of my all time favourite festival stories is from leechrum fest a few years back.

Leechrum is a wee festival in Ireland and is quite family orientated.. loads of kids running about.

My friend was busting to do a poo, but the toilets were overflowing and totally unusable.. after a while he couldnt take it anymore and ran out the back of the tents to a load of trees.. he did his business and was just zipping up his trousers having left a nice big parcel behind when he was confronted by about 5 kids shouting 'here mister, you found our den!!'

He had to tell them that they couldnt go in there anymore.. don't think he told them why though lol

Edited by honey_d

One of our party was somewhat adverse to the toilet facilities. So being in the camper field I set up a port-a-loo for her. All week-end she used it (number ones only, cos the double dosing of imodioum sorted the other).

It was one of those loos where you clip the top off the bottom half to empty it. Well, she never asked how it was used, and did not realise you had to open the blade to let the "stuff" into the tank. As I split the two apart about 2 gallons of P**s went all over me and everything else. I was laughing (no, not a fetish), but due to the embarassment of her realising at nearly 40 she did not know how to use a toilet.

;)

from 87 when we were young and mad.....

Mate "Struds!"

Struddrers "What"

Mate "You awake"

Strudders "Yes"

Mate "Someone has pooed outside our tents!"

Strudders "No.. Someone has pooed outside your tent"

and I sware it was not me! :D

Edited by markfell

I was in The Old Crone's cafe on the Monday morning in 2000. A steward started hammering in a post that was loose and everyone clapped along to the beat and cheered when he finished.

Edited by Spacey

last year whilst chopping up a few lines on a mirror, a 'mate' (i.e. me) stupidly was wearing a head lamp to do so, 'he'd' just laid down a razor blade next to three fat ones........when after a few minutes a shout from outside the tent said 'for f*cks sake turn that F*cking light out, it looks like there's a f*cking giant bat signal for coke heads on the side of your tent!

last year whilst chopping up a few lines on a mirror, a 'mate' (i.e. me) stupidly was wearing a head lamp to do so, 'he'd' just laid down a razor blade next to three fat ones........when after a few minutes a shout from outside the tent said 'for f*cks sake turn that F*cking light out, it looks like there's a f*cking giant bat signal for coke heads on the side of your tent!

Not strictly a quote, but very funny anyway. On Thursday, we decided to visit the Brothers bar and then sit around having a few drinks in front of the Jazz World stage. There were quite a few there, having a nice relaxing afternoon. Then 7 guys turned up, all in their mid 20's and wearing cricket whites. They then started a game of french cricket. Whenever someone would smack the ball into the crowd and a random person sitting down would catch it, they would all rush over and bundle on top of them and then insist that they were next in bat. Easily the most funny thing I have ever seen at Glastonbury. I hav a picture of my Dad being budled after catching it and it still makes me laugh out loud.

When we walked past about 3 blokes and we heard this ;

Man 1 'Lets go to the other stage'

Man 2 'What other stage'

Man 1 ' THE OTHER STAGE'

Laughed a while at that

Funniest snippets of conversation that I can remember were one on Weds or Thurs when a guy walked past talking about having sex with a polar bear, and that was literally all I heard. Can't remember the exact quote now, but something along the lines of 'yeah, but it's not the same as f**king a polar bear'. I didn't hear a single word that came before or after which made it all the funnier.

Then a couple of girls, one of whom said 'yeah, I was at Jack Penate and a fight broke out at the front'. Don't know if it's that funny now, but made me laugh for about ten minutes at the time.