Moving on to Wychwood 09

Guest The Man from Wychwood

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ey--I`ve just spent 30mins reply to this waffle--and some weird message popped up-- and in the process of fixing it--me reply got wiped!!!

Maybe you are gald--but I shall return when all the tails of the puppies have been docked....

den half-docker <_<

Tinariwen WERE great at last year's Womad (Sahara gear with wellie boots - classic!), and WILL be equally good at Larmer Tree in a few weeks - but to say they are Forum Favourites over BANCO DE GAIA?!? - that's just plain daft!!!

Young Wychwood Office? - book them both or an arguement will ensue...........

The beauty of Wychwood is that it is so eclectic. World, folk, blues, rock etc., and all good quality, in a laid back atmosphere and gorgeous countryside. So just keep it up each year, you seem to be getting it about right! Other suggestions for 2009:

The Doghouse thing was a good concept showcasing a load of bands we'd most likely never hear of outside of their locality (even though I didn't like a few of them) so maybe a similar thing from a different area or a collaboration with a music/arts co-op like www.thecombinationof.com people who comprise musicians, poets, artists etc.

I don't want lots of repetition but bring back Fily Cissokho again- stunning, just right for the small tent on a hungover morning and he should be the a festival fixture.

James Taylor Quartet - absolutely brilliant live, they'd get any crowd anywhere dancing and add a bit of souly jazz funk to the Wychwood mix

The Smart Set - up and coming indie rock band from London

Give Eliza Carthy a year off

Kit Holmes

A bit more from the African continent

Marcus Bonfanti and the Bad Boys deserve another crack at a later time in the day as reward for shaking everyones cobwebs out so effectively in the Saturday graveyard slot

Isn't that illegal? I thought the animal welfare act of 2007 made it illegal to mercilessly hack off the little waggy tails of defenceless puppies? You're a hard man Den <_<

]

Hi all, just dusting my wings. Been a week.

Who missed me the most?

Think also important to cater for open mic stuff for when it gets later and people are drunk.

Santana started with open mic stuff dont forget.

Thanks for the drinks, stranger, whoever you were.

See you around. ;)

Shooting Star

:O:O;):P:D:(<_<:O:)

]

Hi all, just dusting my wings. Been a week.

Who missed me the most?

Think also important to cater for open mic stuff for when it gets later and people are drunk.

Santana started with open mic stuff dont forget.

Thanks for the drinks, stranger, whoever you were.

See you around. ;)

Shooting Star

:O:O;):P:D:(<_<:O:)

Rod & Gab --oh yes but no way could Wychy afford them now I`d venture! Its a long flight from Mexico too

den

I just looked at number of replies on Other Festivals: over 46000!

If everybody paid a pond per reply, we could have who we wanted!!

Who's gonna volunteer to collect moneys?

Shooting Star

Dear All

As we finish off the paperwork for this years festival, and move forward with our happy memories from 2008, we need your artists suggestions! Yes I know a lot of you don't care for the list thing, but we are already starting to speak to artists for the 09 festival, so do let me know your thoughts and desires for 09 in terms of artist programming...remember also that it will be our 5th Birthday, so any suggestions of know you'd like to see return from the previous years festivals, much appreciated too!

Thanks

Graeme

Edited by Harrow Strongbow Ciderman!

I'd like to echo previous requests for Show of Hands and Beetroot Kings, and add to the list Danny and the Champions of the World, Dusty Sound System and Goldrush, all local to me and playing at truck festival next month.

And how about the mighty Vin Garbutt? A unique folk voice and fantatstic guitar and whistle player and the only man I've ever seen who will play a 3 minute song preceded by a 10 minute (hilarious) introduction.

P.S.: Have you got a Lithp?

That's good news then. 3 years ago - that's breaking news on the Isle of Wight!!!

If, by chance, he does play, and he sings 'Blyth Camps', I'll be bubbling.....

..and Blyth Camps, Mr Denini, is nothin' to do with my friend, Mr.Blue's, avatar!!!!!

Much nearer to home for you.

Jimmy Cliff

Toots And The Maytals

Uiscedwr

Achanak (bhangra!)

The Dhol Foundation

Thomas Dolby

Berroguetto