Does anyone here do this ?

Guest JodiB

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never had piss thrown on me at a festival, I don't think, but I've actually been pissed on, at Reading, by a man from the Netherlands who was annoyed (pissed off? :() that I was on the front row for Blur when he wanted to be, given all the effort he'd gone to to get there. I got this explanation after he'd pissed up my back. I pointed out that it'd probably taken me longer on National Express to get there, and probably cost more too, but this argument failed to "hold water" with him.

The security dragged him out the crowd, and "accidentally" dropped him at head height, as one of the security guards was so made up that a teenage girl was holding out on the front row of a Saturday night at Reading that he paid special attention to my welfare. Ha. Oh the days...

I have seen a bit of the ol' urine thrown at glasto to be honest, but funnily enough it tends to be further back in the crowd at Pyramid, and never seen it at Other, John Peel, Jazz World.

This'll be unpopular, but to me, the most annoying thing at Glasto is that there are now SO many flags at the Pyramid stage you can't always see what is going on. Looks pretty on the TV but pisses you off when you're towards the back of the front section.

Edited by glasto_dave

Keanu reeves in '99 and the amazing peach shot to the fret board was pure comedy genius. It seemed like hundreds turned up that day for no other reason than to throw fruit (among other items, including soiled pants and in the case of one inventive punter a carrier bag filled with baked beans). We wondered where all the fruit came from in the first place.

Same again with pet shop boys in 2000, at one point they backed off the stage behind a curtain, then relented and carried on.

Lobbing stuff at festivals is a sort of tradition, not always a nice one, but an expected one. I took a warm cup to the shoulder at reading last year and figure it comes with the territory. My only tip, if stuff is flying in, DON'T look back to see where it's coming from...a warm cup in the shoulder beats a warm cup in the face.

Keanu reeves in '99 and the amazing peach shot to the fret board was pure comedy genius. It seemed like hundreds turned up that day for no other reason than to throw fruit (among other items, including soiled pants and in the case of one inventive punter a carrier bag filled with baked beans). We wondered where all the fruit came from in the first place.

Same again with pet shop boys in 2000, at one point they backed off the stage behind a curtain, then relented and carried on.

Lobbing stuff at festivals is a sort of tradition, not always a nice one, but an expected one. I took a warm cup to the shoulder at reading last year and figure it comes with the territory. My only tip, if stuff is flying in, DON'T look back to see where it's coming from...a warm cup in the shoulder beats a warm cup in the face.

seems to be a alot of Reading bashing on here, I have never experienced piss throwing at Reading (tho I do tend to be at the undercover stages at Reading) V festival on the other hand is awful for it. year before last some guy missed his cup and pissed down the back of my leg, I'm not proud of this but he was very deserving of the punch on the nose i gave him.

things like this only go on in the pit with certain MAJOR bands. i experienced this several times at FOALS in brixton... then again with the kooks. not p!ss tho. always beer.

i get the idea of it so it doesnt bother me... but p!ss is a nono. no need for it!