Does anyone here do this ?

Guest JodiB

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is unlikely that you'll get hit at glasto but it does happen. I agree with the op that this is the worst thing that can happen to you at any gig worst time 4 me was a oasis gig in 2005 where i got hit 3 times by warm liquid :) and i was on the 2nd barrier!!It all depends who you are seeing i dont think youll get many p*** throwers when lenoard cohen is playing! :P

Got to add my anecdote - hit by a "Party 7" can full of piss at Reading Festival in 1982 or 1983. Watching X&Y (I think that's what they were called). After the headliners went to the first aid tent and had to have stitches in it, still have a scar above my hairline (although hair now receding so the scar will eventually see the light of day). Hurt like hell I can tell you. Stupid idea throwing around anything, but large heavy objects, very very stupid!

I've been showered with piss loads of times at Glastonbury. Still, its not as bad as it used to be and not as bad as some festivals and gigs. I dont think it will ever completely stop though

Serious amounts of mud and bottles used to get chucked at Glastonbury back in the 80's but thankfully this daft practice has virtually stopped. I'd rather get showered in piss than receive a bottle in my head any day, but still, its not nice when you get a face full of gobfull of piss.

I remember some serious amouts of mud being chucked at the Smiths one year - Bob Geldof went nuts back in 1985 and he screamed at the crowd to "Stop fu**ing chucking fu**ing mud on the fu**ing stage, it fu**ing fu**ks up the equipment. I remember Ian Dury getting hit with a bottle and carried off stage by his minder the same year. The keyboard player from King got covered in mud. Didn't Keano Reaves get pelted back in 1999 too?

I remember on hot ones the security in the pit chuck loads of cups of water at the crowd. I dont mind being hit with that though?

when i saw arctics in manchester it was bloody awful.

i didnt quite get why people would pay 3.50 for a pint then lob half of it at unsuspecting fans. (unless it was....)

at glasto last year i dont recall it happening.

see now that really annoys me, such an abuse of power.

when i saw arctics in manchester it was bloody awful.

i didnt quite get why people would pay 3.50 for a pint then lob half of it at unsuspecting fans. (unless it was....)

at glasto last year i dont recall it happening.

see now that really annoys me, such an abuse of power.

i have to agree with everyone it is uncalled for.

However one time when i was glad was at a feastival early this year and there were four people infront of me in a row on someone shoulders so no one behind could see a thing. as bottles/cups came flying over my head and was hitting them they soon got the message that no one could see and soon got down.

i have to agree with everyone it is uncalled for.

However one time when i was glad was at a feastival early this year and there were four people infront of me in a row on someone shoulders so no one behind could see a thing. as bottles/cups came flying over my head and was hitting them they soon got the message that no one could see and soon got down.

I was at reading festival (1986 I think) and there used to be loads of it going on there back then. That was the year that Meatloaf got hit by a bottle of something! and stormed off stage and refused to finish his set,,,,,,, So, every cloud and all that :-)

Edited by Steve_gts

Oasis, City of Manchester Stadium, Summer 2005. The worst piss throwing I've ever experienced.

some goes on at Glastonbury (only really the other stage and Pyramid (in certain type of acts- ie. Kasabian last year (sorry manchester-but its true edit:oops error)) But its not really very bad.

Edited by LostRiot

• 11 months later...

My brother in law used to go to the donnington monsters of rock back in the 80's, and said there used to be a competition for the grossest or weirdest thing that could be thrown at the stage, pints of piss having got pretty standard.

Best one he remembers was a whole severed pig's head landing at the feet of Lemmy during Motorhead's set.

I was at Glastonbury a few years back (can’t remember what year) – probably before the security was increased – watching a band (which I also cannot remember). Anyhow the guy that was stood right next me got hit by a plummeting FULL can of beer. He crumpled to the ground like a stack of cards, and although I felt really sorry for him (as I picked him up off the floor) at the back of my mind I couldn’t help but think “thank goodness that wasn’t me”.

Also on the same subject does anyone remember the festival in 2000 at the Other Stage – someone throwing a massive sized banger (looked to me more like a stick of dynamite from where I was) at Moby. I just remember seeing Moby clocking it and then legging it as it as it flew through the air. :)

This is sick, what a load of w*nkers. That would be horrible at glasto when you cant even have a shower eeeew....

I'm going to see oasis in cardiff next friday and i am excited but now i'm also worried i'm going to be hit with flying piss lol cos it has cropped up alot in this thread that it seems to happen at oasis gigs yuk

This is sick, what a load of w*nkers. That would be horrible at glasto when you cant even have a shower eeeew....

I'm going to see oasis in cardiff next friday and i am excited but now i'm also worried i'm going to be hit with flying piss lol cos it has cropped up alot in this thread that it seems to happen at oasis gigs yuk

We were right near the front at Arctics at Manchester cricket ground same thing was happening, large cup after cup of piss was landing all around us. One girl turned and got one square in the face before bursting into tears.

we ended up getting out of the pit right to the side to get away from it.

Enjoyed the gig but kinda ruined having to spend rest of the night drive home covered in piss!!!!

Absolutely no need for it at all. Just a bunch of Morons!!!

Get enjoyment from throwing bottles half full of piss / lager over the crowd ??

Hundreds of people do it and it is probably my sole annoyance when I go to festivals.

LOVE FESTIVALS. LOVE BEING CLOSE TO STAGE AND IN THE CROWD. FUC**NG HATE BEING HIT THEN SHOWERED WITH URINE.

1) If YOU do it can you explain to me why you do it and what kind of kick you get out of it ?

OR

2) If YOU hate it too, do you have any suggestions on how to stop it ?