Brilliant Weekend

Guest Splatt

Another negative was with the position of the blue tent. It being out on a limb with nothing else around it, I tended not to visit it unless I wanted a drink without having to queue!!

Also, the Sunday entertainment on the main stage was a bit too laidback and folky - needed a bit more variety like Saturday.

But all in all, a very enjoyable event! We would consider going again next year...

Even got the Dr Seuss hat !!! Ace

i felt like a big pink pussie all afternoon!! Prrrrr :huh: :angry:

and Elfskin was overwhelmed at the amout of women trying to get into his coat He He!

(Good job i wasn't wearing that on friday now i come to think off it....mental note to self 'when in love with the world dont wear pink pussie coat')

hows that for a 23 inch waist. i'd pass out!

Elfskin's got a pic he wants frombeautiful days.

boneym.jpg

Glad you liked the picture :-)

(not our pic, from wychwood facebook site)

Are you Paul the King of the silent disco who was with his lovely wife and mate Geoff(just as loevely)? Im Carol who was sometimes with Ben (who isnt gay but extremely camp) and sometimes wandering about alone and drunk, ah, I miss the silent disco......Im off to dance with me ipod in the garden at 2am to recreate the feeling....

Had a fantastic weekend and can't wait for next year. Highlights for me were Orchestra Baobab, Dreadzone, Imagined Village, Kate Rusby and the magnificent Dengue Fever. Low point was Divine Comedy - can't see why they were headlining on the Saturday night in the first place. That said, pretty much everything else more than made up for them.

Ah! Mr and Mrs elfskin,

Glad that you made a sucess of your weekend after the Sunrise disater - now relocated to Big Chill weekend in the adjoining field I hear! So result all round for you there.

You are spot on when you say the vibe of the people is what makes the festival a hit, I've been stewarding since year one (I went for the line up) and it's never let me down since. The workers and the punters all need to pull together if an event is going to truly succeed, and that's what makes Wychwood such a grin inducing place to be. Hope to see you again next year, or sooner...

Paul - Silent Disco: big moustache, small beard.

Edited by MsElf

I really enjoyed the Wychwood Festival, well done guys.

I thought The Blockheads were easily the best band of the whole weekend, followed by Marcus Bonfanti and the Bad boys, The Proclaimers and The Epstein. In fact the variety of acts was quite amazing.

I loved just walking around and seeing what I came across. I did that several times at the main stage as well as accidentally walking into the MC and beat-box workshop and then staying for the whole session! The kids loved the story time sessions (especially the Pirate). Also some of the acts on the Wickwar stage were entertaining. The PA sound from the main stage was amazing - especially up close!!! The parking and driving on site was really useful. The choice of food and drink was excellent, but...

...the worst bits were the price of the food and drink - as a family of four, with two small kids, we spent an absolute fortune because it was often impractical to walk all the way back to the tent or carry food around with us.

Also the programme being in the middle of the booklet and the write-up of acts not particularly easy to find. Also should we have to pay for as many things once on site - the programme (£4), rides (£1 - £2), showers (£2) etc. Reckon there should be some subsidy for 'Full Weekend' wristband holders.

Another negative was with the position of the blue tent. It being out on a limb with nothing else around it, I tended not to visit it unless I wanted a drink without having to queue!!

Also, the Sunday entertainment on the main stage was a bit too laidback and folky - needed a bit more variety like Saturday.

But all in all, a very enjoyable event! We would consider going again next year...

Third time at Wychwood and this time with the kiddies rather than the mates and a slightly different experience.

Great to see Neil Hannon mixing it with the masses on the Sunday although the D.C. set was maybe a little subdued.

Dreadzone were great again - like a couple of years ago although the Duffy set was on the short side.

Kate Rusby was the highlight for me although, like another comment I've seen - nobody really set the party alight on the Main Stage.

A few grumbles - you've got to keep people off the path through the main stage site as it's the only route through, especially if you're struggling with a pushchair or in a wheelchair - especially apparent during the Duffy set. Also, there were only 8 or so toilets on the main arena between the main stage and the big tent - a woeful amount resulting in fair size queues. Not sure if the big open space in front of the 'Healing Area' worked too well - all looked a bit lost and needed something else to fill the space. The additional speakers either side of the stage was overkill too and rendered any conversation difficult. Gotta get the Tiny Tea Tent back too as this is a special little caterer that adds a wonderful vibe to any festival.

All that said, Wychwood still proves to be a really friendly festival within a great setting. Just hope that it maintains that little festival feel and doesn't become too well known - a victim of its own success.

Two years ago it was wonderful, last year great and this year really good but it needs to get back to being wonderful and it didn't quite hit those heights this time around.

Two years ago it was wonderful, last year great and this year really good but it needs to get back to being wonderful and it didn't quite hit those heights this time around.