Moto GP

t8yman

On 11/10/2020 at 11:47 AM, The Nal said:

This season has been very 2020. Iannone banned for 4 years, Marquez out for the rest of the season, 4 DNF's in a row from Rossi and 2 races missed with Covid from the last 6 races and the likely champion has only won 1 race. 

As much as I like seeing somebody being able to dominate through skill and whatever else, it's been quite interesting without Marquez. 

Contaminated food! 

Thumbs up if Suzuki take the No1 slot & Rossi should quit while he still has the GOAT tag and give the ride to a youngster :)

UK Crashfest, I had a very rare punt on Lowes to win the race, I should have known better. Mcphee obviously has to try too hard to compensate for the bike.

As a summary, it's been great to have something live to watch that's not reliant on a crowd to boost the atmosphere, hopefully the word will get a handle on this virus, 2021  will see normal service resumed and a fit Marquez picking up the bike from impossible places again.  

1 hour ago, whisty said:

As much as I like seeing somebody being able to dominate through skill and whatever else, it's been quite interesting without Marquez. 

Contaminated food! 

Thumbs up if Suzuki take the No1 slot & Rossi should quit while he still has the GOAT tag and give the ride to a youngster :)

UK Crashfest, I had a very rare punt on Lowes to win the race, I should have known better. Mcphee obviously has to try too hard to compensate for the bike.

As a summary, it's been great to have something live to watch that's not reliant on a crowd to boost the atmosphere, hopefully the word will get a handle on this virus, 2021  will see normal service resumed and a fit Marquez picking up the bike from impossible places again.  

Its been varied alright! Rossi has just tested positive for Covid again!

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Old news i know but he can't have many of these left in him. Without Rossi and Marquez i'm finding it hard to focus on any one rider that excites me much. 

Edited by whisty

8 hours ago, The Nal said:

Video unavailable but I assume you mean this?

Yes, nasty crash, he was looking more like his old self before that. He should walk away before he gets seriously hurt. 

• 2 months later...
On 6/7/2022 at 11:29 AM, The Nal said:

That fella caught my eye earlier in the week as he looks just like a mate of mine who I used  to race with back in the day.

RIP the fabulous 5

I must be getting old, they all understand the risks involved and its obviously part of the attraction but 1 is bad enough, 5 is a terrible thing, especially for  those they've left behind. 

Edited by whisty

1 minute ago, whisty said:

That fella caught my eye earlier in the week as he looks just like a mate of mine who I used  to race with back in the day.

RIP the fabulous 5

I must be getting old, they all understand the risks involved and its obviously part of the attraction but 1 is bad enough, 5 is a terrible thing, especially for  those they've left behind. 

And yet the families have no issue with it

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/motogp/2022/06/11/bereaved-families-rejecting-calls-isle-man-tt-banned/

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 10/23/2022 at 10:18 AM, Neil said:

i cant raise any interest  since rossi stopped being a demon.

There’s always Marquez, well most of the time anyway 😂 

The sprint races are quite exciting this year but I’m struggling with the main event tbh, Rossi being one reason. 

• 6 months later...