Moto GP

t8yman

• 1 month later...

Will 2020 be Valentino Rossi's final season in MotoGP?

MotoGP's factory Yamaha team has ended speculation about one of the sport's brightest young talents and hinted at the end for arguably its biggest ever star.

In two quick-fire press releases, issued one after the other Wednesday, Yamaha first announced that Petronas Yamaha's Fabio Quartararo would join the factory outfit after the upcoming season, and then that Valentino Rossi would ride "his last full season" for the team.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, whisty said:

Will there be a 2020 Season 🙄

Least MotoGP didn't try to do a Formula 1 and send everyone from Europe to Australia only to cancel on the day of first practice after the teams (except for Red Bull, apparently) refused to race following a positive test by a McLaren employee.

Though I guess F1 has learned from that and not tried to go full steam ahead to Bahrain next weekend.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, LJS said:

Madness. They're different creatures though. I remember Lorenzo broke his collarbone on a Thursday in Assen, flew to Spain the same day, was operated on Friday morning, had a metal plate put in and flew back to Assen in the afternoon. Rode in the race on Sunday and finished fifth.

Moto 3 eh, maybe I should stop deleting them and watch a couple :) 

With the amount of races left, Quartararo prob only has to finish second to Marquez for the rest of the season and it's his.

1 hour ago, LJS said:

Marquez to miss Czech GP

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorsport/53643763

Well, that should certainly make the rest of the season interesting as Marquez tries to catch up!

An he still has nerve damage in his shoulder from the operation earlier this year. His other shoulder is knackered too and now hes had two major operations on his arm in 2 weeks.

You'd wonder if he should sit out this season and recover and extend his career. He wont last long this rate.

• 2 weeks later...

Rossi was blessed this afternoon, I f I was him I'd be looking at me armchair and slipperts! The crashers looked ok, hope they all recover including the Moto 2 guy, that looked really horrible. 

I watched Moto3,  yes it was exciting especially with the brit interest :)

11 hours ago, whisty said:

Rossi was blessed this afternoon, I f I was him I'd be looking at me armchair and slipperts! The crashers looked ok, hope they all recover including the Moto 2 guy, that looked really horrible. 

yeah, crazy crashes.  :blink: 

11 hours ago, whisty said:

I watched Moto3,  yes it was exciting especially with the brit interest :)

it was a tamer race than it usually is.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

First Moto 2 race I watched last weekend. Surprised to see Sam Lowes up there, pole tomorrow, 4 meetings left, be lovely to see a home boy world champ. What’s happened to Quarterero, hes panicking or the bike! 

• 3 weeks later...