Moto GP

t8yman

• 2 weeks later...

Seems it'a all over bar the shouting or Marquez failing to start/falling off & he's not stupid enough to fall off with a championship almost in the bag.

If I was a Moto GP team I'd be hunting down Zarco with the keenest if interest. Rossi has told him not to take the 2017 bike for next year, surprise surprise.

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/zarco-wants-2018-bike-from-yamaha-next-season-973043/

Edited by whisty

• 4 months later...

Not long now, Marquez from day 1 in GP looked like something else, not sure even Stoner at his best could have beaten him on similar or rocking horse machinery, which is what Stoner won on after all. Anyway, we'll see, can't wait.

On 18/03/2018 at 10:50 PM, LJS said:

Cracking first race and a great finish. Three way battle between Ducati, Honda & Yamaha would be nice.

Yep great finish, exact same as moto 2, looking good for 2018, Rossi with a couple extra horses might help :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

As much as I've loved watching Rossi over the years imho he's lost the edge. Having a Yamaha isn't helping things either! Interestingly, something i never knew but heard quoted over the weekend, think it was Crutchlow said it. Yamaha is the easiest bike to ride, Ducati 20% harder and Honda 40%, watching it you'd think the Ducati was the pig in the poke. It was also said, if Pedrosa had a different bike he'd do much better!

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, whisty said:

Haven't watched anything yet but memory says (could easy be wrong) Marquez has won every race here, at least since he started in MotoGP top class. Same thing going to happen I wonder :)

He made poll but has been dropped to the 2nd row for a block on Vinales. Could easily win from 4th however.

21 hours ago, The Nal said:

Might have to file American MotoGP fans alongside American golf fans as the worst about. Never seen a rider booed like that before. 

Yep & It's not as if they have one of their own in the mix! Something about that track & Marquez how nobody can touch him there. Cal Crashlow struck again, really wish he had a proper bike, maybe he'll get Pedrosas  ride, can dream anyway :) Back to Europe for some fun soon. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/8/2018 at 9:54 AM, The Nal said:

Poor Dani. Didn't think he was ever going to land!

Saw a clip this weekend of somebody looked like he had a wing suit on! Got away with it I hear.

Rossi pole, still a little something left in him :)

On 6/3/2018 at 4:28 PM, The Nal said:

Very much so! Thought Marc was running away with it but its back on. 

That was some crash though, did you see the black line coming off the tyre whilst bike laid on its side going round a corner, which I took to be the wheel spinning under throttle control.  I know I said it many times but Marquez has other worldly control of the bike. 

13 hours ago, whisty said:

That was some crash though, did you see the black line coming off the tyre whilst bike laid on its side going round a corner, which I took to be the wheel spinning under throttle control.  I know I said it many times but Marquez has other worldly control of the bike. 

Yeah he was trying to get the bike back up it seems!

Moto3 and Moto2 races were incredible. 

Speaking of crashes. 

Edited by The Nal

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2018 at 9:19 PM, The Nal said:

Might have to file American MotoGP fans alongside American golf fans as the worst about. Never seen a rider booed like that before. 

Scratch that. Everyone seems to hate him. Booed at the weekend. A Catalonian, at a race in Catalonia. :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

Booed or not it's making no difference, I assume it's Marquez being spoken about here, I missed that noise it seems. No stopping him, fantastic race from a great circuit, always seems to be an exciting watch. 

14 hours ago, whisty said:

Booed or not it's making no difference, I assume it's Marquez being spoken about here, I missed that noise it seems. No stopping him, fantastic race from a great circuit, always seems to be an exciting watch. 

He was booed again before his interview after the race!

He has a supernatural ability to stay on the bike though. Incredible talent. Couple of DNFs needed or the championship will be over by Brno in a month.