Moto GP

t8yman

yeah, vermeulen has always been a bit special in the damp stuff. but stoner is on belting form. I think he's gonna be tough to beat for the rest of the season. he is seconds ahead of everyone in pretty much all conditions.

seems stoner might have a new team mate soon guess who,s back will be interesting to see him and rossi racing together again :lol:

Edited by Binky

what a start to a race at laguna seca ...phewww quote of the eurosport guys ... the first 4 laps were like a 5 lap sprint at mallory park on lc yams :unsure:

stoner was whinging after the race that well basically rossi was racing dirty an aussie whinging thats rich :O

stoner has the fastest bike but on this occasion rossi and the team tucked him up a treat won the head game race,it was always going to happen that either one of them was going to fall off although it would have been nice to have seen that duel to the line

hohay,s highslide at the start like being thrown off a bucking bronco and wtf? vermullen third again tose beating eddy?

must be something in the food out there

Jesus Christ that was a brilliant race. 2 laps in and we were getting the sort of drama usually associated with the end of a race.

Rossi wasn't racing dirty at all. To me it looked like he was calm and took the best racing line, and that simply shook Stoner and got him making silly mistakes. To sum up: Stoner couldn't hack it and Rossi was just immovable, which pissed off Stoner so he made crap moves and deserved to lose because Rossi raced better on all counts.

Didn't like the way he refused to shake Rossi's hand when offerred. The big fanny.

Also, stupid Eurosport adverts! - had to keep switching to bloody BBC with their shitty commentators during the breaks.

what a race! :O absolute quality.

you've got to feel sorry for lorenzo after his crash on lap two, he's not having much luck at all this season, that's 3 or 4 big crashes he's had now isn't it?

• 2 weeks later...
hohay,s highslide at the start like being thrown off a bucking bronco and wtf?

I'm guessing you didnt see his almost identical crash in china earlier in the year where he broke both ankles?

Anyway, I was away on holiday and didnt even realise I had missed this until I spotted it on the motogp website yesterday - I managed to avoid seeing the result, and downloaded it to watch last night. What a f**king race. I didnt give rossi a hope in hell of getting anything there, and the dicing at the beginning was just like the old days with rainey, doohan and schwantz.

Only problem was, the version I downloaded was the eurosport coverage, and the audio sync was out badly - about 15 seconds out by the end, so I found out about just about everything - 10 seconds before it happened. "ooh stoners crashed!" - me - "has he? where?" - "oh - there!"

anyway, great race, didnt realise stoner was such a bad sport at the end, thats a shame because he is such a great rider. being a bad loser is one thing, being a bad sportsman is another.

• 3 weeks later...

Another woeful qualifying for JT this weekend, he failed to set a time for qualifying. Stoner is almost a second faster than Rossi going into the race.

Czech GP qualifying result:

1. Casey Stoner (Aus) Ducati 2 min 11.657 secs

2. Valentino Rossi (Ita) Yamaha 2:12.846

3. John Hopkins (US) Kawasaki 2:12.959

4. Chris Vermeulen (Aus) Suzuki 2:13.002

5. Alex de Angelis (San Marino) Honda 2:13.352

6. Anthony West (Aus) Kawasaki 2:14.064

7. Randy de Puniet (Fra) Honda 2:14.535

8. Shinya Nakano (Jap) Honda 2:14.718

9. Loris Capirossi (Ita) Suzuki 2:14.805

10. Sylvain Guintoli (Fra) Ducati 2:14.861

bring it on.

another win for the doctor i thought he was a bit reckless after stoner seemed to go down so sudden ( although they did say rossi was catching him at that point and perhaps he didn,t fancy another laguna so he pushed perhaps a bit hard?) as it could have been a tyre issue but i guess the top 8 all being on bridgestones says it all

maybe better if they went to a one make tyre for all after the poor display by the micheln shod riders

• 2 weeks later...

well well another unforced error for the boy stoner in another race with not really much drama in it. tyres seemed matched for once at the end though

seems like nicky haden is off to ducati next year and the one make tyre talk is growing momentum which should be a good thing and make for better/fairer racing

so 5 to go 75 points advantage seems on the doctor can stop himself winning now

• 3 weeks later...

good result for rossi at indy, that must have been the worst conditions i,ve ever seen any sort of race in, amazing how they all stayed shiny side up as well.

looked a bit iffy at the end when they said it might go to a 5 or 7 lap sprint though with local boy (3 hours awy is local in us apperently) doing so well. also seemed strange that some of the riders who do really well in the wet like vermullen were nowhere to be seen.

short of breaking something serious its his and i reckon he,ll keep going for max points as well

seems his decision to go for bridgestones payed off handsomely

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
so no kawaski for the 2009 season and it seems that rossi has had an accident

apparently he was pulling some curtains and fell and hurt himself

thats what happens folks when you don,t wear a pelmet B)

gutted to hear that the british leg is moving to silverstone. f**king hate that circuit, and its an extra hour's drive. I dont think I'll be going.

• 4 months later...
Valentino Rossi. Oh my f**king god what a race. Catalunya has to be one of the finest race finished I have seen for a long long time, possibly ever.

Just watch the last 3 laps, thats all you need to see to understand why rossi is who he is.

Indeed ;) Spectacular race. He is a genius!

Awesome race, one of the best for a wee while. Up there with some of the Rossi/Gibernau battles or Rossi/Stoner at Leguna Seca. Epic.

• 2 weeks later...

ton up at last for the italian waiter as one of my mates decribes him he reckons the moaner is a much better rider just for taming the duke like he only seemingly can. give one to rossi and burgess and i think they would make it go even quicker

i think however we have yet to see the best from the honda,s as they struggle to get the right set up for the tyres

fantastic celebrations with the 100 win photo montage that was some piece of work

ton up at last for the italian waiter as one of my mates decribes him he reckons the moaner is a much better rider just for taming the duke like he only seemingly can. give one to rossi and burgess and i think they would make it go even quicker

i think however we have yet to see the best from the honda,s as they struggle to get the right set up for the tyres

fantastic celebrations with the 100 win photo montage that was some piece of work

nice touch that poster, took them a while to get it out though! :unsure: