Cheap Glastonbury ticket

Guest mike99

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My initial reaction is let it be, its doing no harm at all and they didn't check my photo at all when I went in last year so it'll probably be okay, and if they did check the photo it wouldn't take much blagging to get in with it anyway (the photos were fingernail size and hard to see last year anyway).

BUT

Then I thought about why the photos were introduced in the first place (to defeat touts). This person isn't a tout, but the photos are on the tickets to stop touting, and next year the festival will probably sell out quickly like it always used to, and if the anti touting measures are relaxed (including banning sale of tickets of eBay) then all the good anti touting work from previous years will be wasted. So, as much as I hate busy-bodies with nothing better to do with their time than to stick their noses in other peoples business, this should be reported and the sale of Glastonbury tickets on eBay must not be allowed!

Edited by Androoo

This guy could be genuine and has a ticket to sell and wants no extra profit from the tickets and is relying on the fact that someone who looks a little like him could get away with it if the stewards don't do their job properly.

However it could be complete rubbish and he doesn't have a ticket to sell in the first place and is hoping somone who hasn't done their research on buying tickets will fall for the trap. Then he is making a tidy profit.

Either way it is against the purpose of the photo tickets put in place and should be reported.

This guy could be genuine and has a ticket to sell and wants no extra profit from the tickets and is relying on the fact that someone who looks a little like him could get away with it if the stewards don't do their job properly.

However it could be complete rubbish and he doesn't have a ticket to sell in the first place and is hoping somone who hasn't done their research on buying tickets will fall for the trap. Then he is making a tidy profit.

Either way it is against the purpose of the photo tickets put in place and should be reported.

He didn't post his photo so how would anyone know if they looked remotely like him or not?

He didn't set a buy-it-now price so he is quite happy trying to make a profit.

He claims not to know that the photo is going to be printed on his ticket and has removed comments that stated that fact.

The guy is a grade A &^%$.

This 'removed comment' thing is a misunderstanding, questions are not automatically posted to listings, you have to select a check box when you answer the question and if you forget to do so you can't go back and repost the answer, it could simply be a mistake, if the person is a clueless as they seem to be on the listing then it is entirely possible so I think we should dial the attack dogs back a notch or two for the moment.

This 'removed comment' thing is a misunderstanding, questions are not automatically posted to listings, you have to select a check box when you answer the question and if you forget to do so you can't go back and repost the answer, it could simply be a mistake, if the person is a clueless as they seem to be on the listing then it is entirely possible so I think we should dial the attack dogs back a notch or two for the moment.

Question: hi, i was just wondering, i thought that when you applied for a glastonbury ticket you had to send a photo of yourself that gets attatched to the ticket with your details so that people can't buy loads of tickets and sell them on to make more money, if this is right and i buy your ticket it won't be my picture on the ticket so therefor i wouldn't be allowed to use the ticket? thanks

Answer: I'm unsure on this one. I did send a picture but I am unsure if it's kept on an internal database or actually printed on the ticket. It seems to me a little ridiculous that they put photos on every ticket but I just can't say. Perhaps ask Glastonbury themselves?

:lol:;):(

Man, you really are a tool...pretty much every post i've ever seen from you has been negative, critical, insulting bollox...why are you even on the forums if you have so much hate in your life? is it a way of expressing it? Cos it gets on mine and most other peoples breastal region.

However, you are entitled to your opinion so i shouldn't rise to it but your still a tool :lol:

Man, you really are a tool...pretty much every post i've ever seen from you has been negative, critical, insulting bollox...why are you even on the forums if you have so much hate in your life? is it a way of expressing it? Cos it gets on mine and most other peoples breastal region.

However, you are entitled to your opinion so i shouldn't rise to it but your still a tool ;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Glastonbury-2008_W0Q...1QQcmdZViewItem

same person me thinks its the same kind of wording on this

Question & Answer Answered On

Q: Hi - Im interested in buying this ticket, is it a picture like last year? If so what do you look like and are you male or female? Thanks 21-May-08

A: Hi...I am not toally sure about how the tickets are being produced, I am female,dark short hair..But I have been told by lots who went last year that the pic didnt really matter,I will try to enquire about it. If you visit www.seetickets.com that is where ticket is coming from, but until i receive it I cannot be certain. Hope this is off some help x

Well, I don't see anything at all morally wrong with re-selling a ticket for an event which isn't even sold out and especially one whose refund deadline has passed.

He should be making buyers more aware of the photo tickets (though he seems unaware himself), but really, not sure why anyone would have a problem with it, seems fair enough to me.

Photoregistration is a measure to prevent touts who have no interest in going purchasing tickets and selling them on at a profit, not preventing someone selling a ticket at a loss because they can't go.