Cricket

greeneyes1980

33 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I think Afghanistan should now be banned from international cricket.  A country who wont let women access education needs to be shunned by the sporting community.

I mean, I agree on an overall principle, but is it fair that Rashid Khan, who refuses to return to Aghanistan because of how the Taliban treat people in the country, doesn't get to play international cricket?

15 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I don't think its for sport to get involved.  I am not keen on F1 banning Russians etc either.  We just had a world cup in Qatar ffs lol

Sport is involved in Russia not being in the world cup which I fully support. I think that there are always debates about what we are willing to accept and not. However if a country won't let females be educated then that to me is a red line. At the end of the day it only makes that country suffer by stopping talented women contribute in jobs like doctors.

To me these government crave the acceptance that sport provides and we should take that acceptance away.

• 7 months later...
10 minutes ago, justanotheronethen said:

Just incredible. The final day was bonkers, right down to that very last ball. Loved it

10 minutes ago, justanotheronethen said:

Just incredible. The final day was bonkers, right down to that very last ball. Loved it

I’d given up … then the rain delay I gave up again as I thought they’d not get out again … then wow 🤩 

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I’d given up … then the rain delay I gave up again as I thought they’d not get out again … then wow 🤩 

I nearly forgot to tune back in after, and then something unbelievable began to unfold. What a series. And mad to think that some of the England team were kids when the Flintoff / Pieterson Ashes unfolded

On 8/2/2023 at 4:02 PM, justanotheronethen said:

I nearly forgot to tune back in after, and then something unbelievable began to unfold. What a series. And mad to think that some of the England team were kids when the Flintoff / Pieterson Ashes unfolded

Same here. Would have missed it if I hadn’t seen a mate commenting on it 🙈 Every game seemed to hang in the balance at one point. Great summer of cricket. I’m going to watch some “live” stuff this weekend……weather permitting 🫣

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Why did it happen so late that he can't play tomorrow?

Is it possibly because India under Modi are incredibly racist?

TBH India is a fairly racist country at the best of times. I've spent a lot of time there.

3 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

TBH India is a fairly racist country at the best of times. I've spent a lot of time there.

Well the UK should take its share of the blame given the colonial history and the partition of the region into India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh, but England have boycotted SA for racist practices and denying access to cricketers, and I don't think that just because the BCCI control 2/3 of the money in the sport, it should stop a similar boycott here.