Cricket

greeneyes1980

Crikey, that's quick. Even more surprising considering 18 of the 28 games are in London, you wouldn't think there'd be so much local demand.

That said, I'm not convinced that the 20/20 live experience is a good one. Its just over way too fast, you don't really have time to get settled and enjoy the day. Plus if you ever want to go to the bar its very easy to miss 4 or 5 overs, which is 1/4 of an innings! :D

Nearly all games in the World Cup are double headers so it's not as bad in terms of getting settled etc as a county twenty20 match. Still they are charging double (at least) the price so...

Shit, didnt realise it would sell out that fast. Glad i persavered with the awful website now and managed to get tickets to the Endland v Aus super 8's game. I didnt think the demand would be as high for this as theres also the ashes next summer. Im still not convinced on Twenty20 though.

I cannot believe that the ICC are going to change the result of the abandoned test match between England and Pakistan back in 2006.

Incompetent fools :lol:

Crazy decision.

It sets a massive precedent for going against the umpires' decision... what next, match results changed because of a dodgy lbw shout?

It sets a massive precedent for going against the umpires' decision... what next, match results changed because of a dodgy lbw shout?

There's no logic to the decision in the first place. England were ready to play, Pakistan refused. That means England win, a draw is bollocks.

Now what will happen? If England are at 2-2 in the deciding Ashes test match but only a wicket away from losing, what's to stop them refusing to play and getting a draw...?

Are scotland winning?

Superb performance from Joe judging by 5live sports extra. Hopefully his century will help us post a big total.

Need to get 60-80+ in these last 9 overs, I feel. Probably will like given the 8 wickets in hand.

280-300 total will make this quite a competition. Durham are always best when chasing a big total though. And with a wicket like that there could be hell on in the latter part of the innings.

Good batting from Kent. Maybe a tad over catious given Durhams explosive and high scoring nature.

Edit: Make that 7 wickets in hand.

At last a cricket thread.

On the subject of next years World T20 I managed to get tickets for the only remaing London fixtures, Pakistan v Qualifier & New Zealand v South Africa double header. I couldn't believe how quickly all the other games had gone.

I'm not going to make the same mistake for Ashes tickets.

Durham are playing as if they're chasing 600.

This doesn't actually surprise me. Kent are going to have to bowl them all out. 300 isn't enough, even without Mustard. You're missing a treat Gaytent.

Fantastic game. Hoping for a repeat performance and result tomorrow at Edgbaston. Could be on for two finals days in two weeks. :O

Were you at the Riverside for the farce? That needs some sorting out, christ knows how it will be resolved.

Fantastic game. Hoping for a repeat performance and result tomorrow at Edgbaston. Could be on for two finals days in two weeks. :O

It was a very good game. Obviously felt a tad dissapointed with the incorrect first dismissal and collapse that came with Pollock going, but I certainly admired Kents fielding - that run out by Jones being rather special. I hope Kent win. I shall be watching.

Were you at the Riverside for the farce? That needs some sorting out, christ knows how it will be resolved.

Sadly not. Was going to go to the final with my Dad. Unfortunately, not much point now.

It was a very good game. Obviously felt a tad dissapointed with the incorrect first dismissal and collapse that came with Pollock going, but I certainly admired Kents fielding - that run out by Jones being rather special. I hope Kent win. I shall be watching.

Our fielding has been the biggest area of improvement in the side in the last 3 years. It was our fielding that won the twenty20 last year.

Sadly not. Was going to go to the final with my Dad. Unfortunately, not much point now.

Why is there no point??

Very true, in 6 matches against the proteas he's hit 3 centuries and averages over 75.

I do try my best not to spout bollocks.

'Try' being the operative word mind.

Though today is his first innings against them in England.

Nah, that's not right. What about the test series in 03?

Edited by worm