Cricket

greeneyes1980

WTF ?

LMAO we haven't been playing an hour :) Granted it looks like a strong batting pitch and the aussies where doing well... but taking the game away ? You do talk some nonsense :D

That was a very rapid 29, he's their second best batsman after Clarke and can score very quickly. If he'd been in for the whole session you can extrapolate to him reaching 50+. We were containing and restricting Rogers but Warner was being aggressive. We wouldn't have wanted our spinners coming in and getting beaten out of the attack.

Looks to me like a 450 wicket. Convicts will be very disappointed so many got good starts, were well set, and yet didn't score hundreds. Though of course Clarke is more than capable of still doing so.

England will be happyish, but they still need to bowl well in the morning to restrict Australia to less than 400. Then the real test begins - how well England bat. Anything less than 400 and they can kiss the series goodbye IMO.

450? 500? A wicket would change things a lot, particularly as while they've got batting down the order these are the 2 dangermen remaining. Still, it seems like it'll take something special to get one.

at this moment in time i'd be more likely to say 500 minimum, their tail end can still hit it around a bit..

so unless there's a miracle ball that gets someone out, this could be a very long night(day) indeed

sky showing the highlights from the last ashes tour game at adelaide, shows the wonders of what a boost a result can do for a team (after how the first test went). confidence must be at the highest its been in a while for the aussies, depending on how the openers do for us, we could seriously be blown away and the series lost before we know it.

Edited by lharris92

Love watching Clarke, such a classy batsmen, yeh yeh the phrase is overused but he's fucking brilliant..

England been unlucky in the first session to a point but Aussies have attacked and we're in a pickle here..

The luck has changed tides, as commentary on sky has said, the series in summer we were getting most of those 50/50 chances whereas now we aren't. Now they have to grind out every single wicket.

watched until about 2 overs in to our innings, and you could see straight away cook didn't look comfortable against the pace of Johnson. luckily Carberry and Root stayed in so hopefully they can build a base from there to grind out a decent total.

as for the bowling, the fielding placement was oh so defensive for far too long, it gave some of the batsmen chances to get comfortable instead of building the pressure. compared to the summer series, the bowlers seemed laboured (yes the heat will probably make it a lot harder) and just seemed to run out of ideas - I mean how many times did Swann bowl round the wicket in a row, they had him sussed but he didn't change it for a hell of a long time. none of the bowlers really set themselves apart from the rest, although stokes did have a good showing (apart from the no ball which would otherwise have been a wicket).

Saying that though, the pressure really is on the batting because all last series not a score of 400 or more, and they really can't collapse like last test otherwise this whole series will be a mauling and i'd be tempted to put money on an aussie whitewash (as much as i hate to say it).

Well thanks for popping by and offering sweet FA... On ya bike now...

Very precious there Barry..

Aussies aren't a bad side, the 3-0 scoreline over here was a bit flattering..

Swann hasn't bowled well yet, I agree, he looks tired.. Panesar might well be out of his depth now.. Cook's tactical ineptness might just be showing through..

England got to world no.1 status in a time where the standard of test cricket is the worst I've ever seen it.. Now a side is fighting and taking the game to us, AC has to think a bit more and he's no backup plan.. Warning signs were there even this summer..

Saving grace, this is a renowned good batting track, I agree with reservations about Carberry & Root but KP, IB & AC all good batsmen who can be supported by MP, SB, GS (to en extent).. See what happens on day three

South Africa are strong for a start. It also suggests we might of struggled to be number 1 if others where stronger... Which of course is catch 22...

We where number 1 and we earned it. I don't think its fair to do that down in any way.

We also lost the No.1 ranking as soon as we played the actual best test team - who beat us to nil on our own soil.