Cricket

greeneyes1980

Agree on Cook! Never mind that he's vice-captain, his form is appalling. Who else are you going to drop when Ian Bell is fit again? Trott has shown that he's worth his place - the other option to drop is KP, which would be brave at best, especially for the Aussies.

Not sure who would open with Strauss mind. Trott perhaps.

Agree on Cook! Never mind that he's vice-captain, his form is appalling. Who else are you going to drop when Ian Bell is fit again? Trott has shown that he's worth his place - the other option to drop is KP, which would be brave at best, especially for the Aussies.

Not sure who would open with Strauss mind. Trott perhaps.

While I would like to see Bell back in there, I think a like for like replacement is far more likely. The selectors won't want to shuffle the order around. Hampshire's Michael Carberry is being touted as a possible.

While I would like to see Bell back in there, I think a like for like replacement is far more likely. The selectors won't want to shuffle the order around. Hampshire's Michael Carberry is being touted as a possible.

It has to be someone who's already got international experience. Much as this may annoy some on here, IMO these games against Pakistan aren't really telling us anything in terms of how these players will do this winter. Even though we'll be facing the poorest Australian side in many a long year, the pressure we'll be put under will be huge. We just don't have the games between now and December to be able to properly blood new players. Very poor scheduling by the ECB.

Looks like I might have been right then... England 74-6 just after lunch.

I do dislike these Wednesday tests. I appreciate its for scheduling & good for corporate hospitality, but it does mean us 9-5ers don't get to see much of it :(

Looks like I might have been right then... England 74-6 just after lunch.

I do dislike these Wednesday tests. I appreciate its for scheduling & good for corporate hospitality, but it does mean us 9-5ers don't get to see much of it :(

Plus with fewer and fewer tests going the full 5 days now, it must have an effect on the crowds.

• 2 weeks later...

How much longer do we stick with Pietersen? The guy obviously has some serious talent but anybody who gets out the way he did on first ball has a screw loose and is seriously struggling mentally. When was his last decent innings? His 80 in this series was fluke more than anything else, think he was dropped 4 times. Its not like he's been able to use that score to push on either.

Something in our top order just isn't clicking at the moment and a very dodgy KP is at the heart of that problem. Unfortunately our next test match is the opening game of the ashes. If they were going to change anything before then I think they would have done it in this test. I imagine this is definitely going to be the team that starts that match. Not feeling confident

How much longer do we stick with Pietersen? The guy obviously has some serious talent but anybody who gets out the way he did on first ball has a screw loose and is seriously struggling mentally. When was his last decent innings? His 80 in this series was fluke more than anything else, think he was dropped 4 times. Its not like he's been able to use that score to push on either.

Something in our top order just isn't clicking at the moment and a very dodgy KP is at the heart of that problem. Unfortunately our next test match is the opening game of the ashes. If they were going to change anything before then I think they would have done it in this test. I imagine this is definitely going to be the team that starts that match. Not feeling confident

To me he should have been sent back to county cricket for the summer to allow him to regain some form. The problem for the ECB is that they know having his name on the team sheet adds 1000's to the crowds. The way that attendances have been this summer, it was something they just didn't want to do, and were just hoping that he'd suddenly click back into gear. As I (and others) have been saying on here all summer, up until the last test, we've not played any tests which allowed us to really gauge the form of our players under pressure. We have in the last 5 innings and a lot of the team have been found wanting. The issue now as you said is what the hell do we do ahead of the ashes?

To me he should have been sent back to county cricket for the summer to allow him to regain some form. The problem for the ECB is that they know having his name on the team sheet adds 1000's to the crowds. The way that attendances have been this summer, it was something they just didn't want to do, and were just hoping that he'd suddenly click back into gear. As I (and others) have been saying on here all summer, up until the last test, we've not played any tests which allowed us to really gauge the form of our players under pressure. We have in the last 5 innings and a lot of the team have been found wanting. The issue now as you said is what the hell do we do ahead of the ashes?

I think the reason Pietersen hasnt been dropped is because there's very good chance that if he is, the toys come out of the pram and he announces his retirement from Test Cricket and dedicates himself to the glorified rounders version of the game. Very weak by the ECB.

As for the Ashes, I think the plan is turn up better prepared than last time and just hope that Austrailia still arent very good!

oh dear :(

This is what happens when Pakistan hold their catches

Well when I wrote this who woulda thought we would have won this test by an innings and 225 runs! f**k me thats a turn around and a half.

No one cares about that now though. Worrying times for Pakistani and international cricket. Hope its not true, its not looking good though :(

So Pietersen looks as though he's been dropped from the limited over matches coming up. He announced it himself on twitter, and appears to have thrown his toys out the pram as well ... twat

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/aug/31/kevin-pietersen-england-dropped-tweet

It's difficult to understand what he's moaning about - he has absolutely no form to warrant selection.

It's difficult to understand what he's moaning about - he has absolutely no form to warrant selection.

Because he's the almighty KP, saviour of English Cricket. At least that's what his ego tells him. It's why he's so brilliant when on song, but equally now is his downfall as he won't admit to his faults.

• 2 months later...