Cricket

greeneyes1980

How does Stevens get overlooked for England?

Great game last night, and superb to see cheats don't prosper

the t20 game? entertaining to watch

whats the cheating bit with essex?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

37-6 lunch...

Amazing performance by England this morning..

No, it's an appauling performance from Pakistan. Can't help that I'm sure a lot of them have friends and family that have been effected by the floods, but that's not enough of an excuse for the utter shite that has been their batting performance so far.

No, it's an appauling performance from Pakistan. Can't help that I'm sure a lot of them have friends and family that have been effected by the floods, but that's not enough of an excuse for the utter shite that has been their batting performance so far.

I get bored of people saying its always the other team playing badly when England are doing well...

Pakistan haven't actually made many unforced errors... Then again I wouldn't suggest they have been playing well either... England have been brilliant though... Good line, good attack.. You can only put to the the knife what is in front of you...

Edited by oafc0000

I get bored of people saying its always the other team playing badly when England are doing well...

Pakistan haven't actually made many unforced errors... Then again I wouldn't suggest they have been playing well either... England have been brilliant though... Good line, good attack.. You can only put to the the knife what is in front of you...

Yes we've bowled well, but the Pakistan batsmen have been abject. Nobody looks like they actually believe they can do anything other than put off defeat. Any team can have a bad innings, but they've been churning out these sort of abismal performances for a long time now.

Yes we've bowled well, but the Pakistan batsmen have been abject. Nobody looks like they actually believe they can do anything other than put off defeat. Any team can have a bad innings, but they've been churning out these sort of abismal performances for a long time now.

They are playing too defensive...

To give England little credit though for me is just going off the score and not the actual game... England have been pretty much perfect besides a drop catch...

They are playing too defensive...

To give England little credit though for me is just going off the score and not the actual game... England have been pretty much perfect besides a drop catch...

True. But when a team allows themselves to be dominated in the way that Pakistan are, it's a lot easier to be "perfect". There's no pressure on the bowlers, as they know there's little risk of them being punished for bad balls. This series will be good for the confidence of our team, but it's doing little to really prepare us for the ashes this winter. We'll be heading out there without having played a properly competitive test side in well over a year.

True. But when a team allows themselves to be dominated in the way that Pakistan are, it's a lot easier to be "perfect". There's no pressure on the bowlers, as they know there's little risk of them being punished for bad balls. This series will be good for the confidence of our team, but it's doing little to really prepare us for the ashes this winter. We'll be heading out there without having played a properly competitive test side in well over a year.

yeah, yeah...

and if we was struggling to beat Pakistan you would be saying it isn't looking good for the summer...

rolleyes.gif

Well I am going to go back to enjoying us take them apart and leave you to the same old same old...

Facts are England have bowled perfect lines...

Broad needs a good clip round the ear for what he did yesterday. Fined half his match fees, but I think he's lucky to escape a match ban. No place in Cricket for behaviour like that. His innability to look at the umpire when he appeals is totally disrepectful too. Beefy was in a rage this morning on Sky. I suggest Broad keeps out of his way.

Glad we managed this run chase without too much alarm. Cook needs to be looking over his shoulder. His place must be at risk

Edited by Ed209

Broad needs a good clip round the ear for what he did yesterday. Fined half his match fees, but I think he's lucky to escape a match ban. No place in Cricket for behaviour like that. His innability to look at the umpire when he appeals is totally disrepectful too. Beefy was in a rage this morning on Sky. I suggest Broad keeps out of his way.

Glad we managed this run chase without too much alarm. Cook needs to be looking over his shoulder. His place must be at risk

Agree on Broad...