Cricket

greeneyes1980

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You might be a billionaire and you might be paying us well, but keep your dirty mits off our girls :)

Sir Allen Stanford has apologised for his part in an incident that upset the England players during their Super Series win against Middlesex on Sunday.

The series' backer was pictured sitting among the players' partners, with Matt Prior's wife Emily on his lap.

"He understood that the players were not particularly pleased with the incident," said a Stanford spokesman.

More here

Nice to see Dexter have a good innings for Middlesex, even if they did lose.

I hope you're watching Mr Ford - why you didn't get rid of Kemp instead i'll never know :D

Edited by TheGayTent

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Fair play to Strauss and Cook. Pity the rest look like they're letting them down. India's day i would suggest.

Why Shah isn't picked I don't know...

Nor do I. Good start by Swann however ;)

England's score is beginning to look better than it should be (I thought we were about 50 short of a decent total)

Nor do I. Good start by Swann however ;)

England's score is beginning to look better than it should be (I thought we were about 50 short of a decent total)

If Swann can't take wickets in India he shouldn't be allowed to call himself a spinner. That said, well done to the boy. Can't take the foot off the gas tomorrow, need to get as big a first innings lead as possible.

What do people think of the rule allowing players to challenge decisions?

I think it's bloody awful and I hope it doesn't get beyond the trial period. Chris Gayle the Windies captain has already come out in opposition of it.

Is it being used in all matches or just being trialled? I know it was used in the Black Caps/West Indies game a few times.

It's currently on trial in the NZ v Windies two test series. The plan is to continue the trial when India host Pakistan in January, England travel to the West Indies in February and during the South Africa v Australia series.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yesterday proved why I am so against most technology being used in cricket.

Stop the game for nearly five minutes and still they can't tell for definite what the correct decision should be. Leave it to the umpires FFS.

I see Freddie and KP are now the most costly cricketers in the IPL. $1.55m each. Hampshire and Lancashire will be pleased...

Yesterday proved why I am so against most technology being used in cricket.

Stop the game for nearly five minutes and still they can't tell for definite what the correct decision should be. Leave it to the umpires FFS.

I disagree. A good progression.