Cricket

greeneyes1980

It was the right thing to do, but bit gutted that Vaughan finished the captaincy the way he did. He can stand down safe in the knowledge that he gave the England fans the ultimate prize in 2005

I wouldnt give it to KP. I'm reasonably sure that he'll get the job though. Which is a disaster because he was terrible when he captained the one day side a few months ago.

We should be honest and admit that we arent going to win the Ashes next year. So, I personally, would go for Cook. 23 years old, thats a year older than when Graeme Smith was appointed captain, as certain as any of the top order to be in the team, doesnt play to satisfy his own ego.

Edited by Uncle Liam

KP has got both captaincies. Not too sure on this - he doesn't strike me as a team player (see Friday's ridiculous dismissal going for the big 6 to bring up his ton, when he should have played it safe for the good of the score).

Good to see Bopara finally getting a chance too :D

3 tests with an average of 8.

Why they havent brought Robert Key in i'll never know.

To be fair to KP he is almost the only guarenteed selection in the current england set up. OK him, Cook and Pannaser are the only trhee who are really sure of there test places.

Edited by dorlomin

Bopara?! i am stunned!!! f**k me sideways if your wanting a batsmen whats wrong with Key. its just a liberty

lol sorry didn't see what Liam wrote before i typed this

I think there is a pecking order. which is just a disgrace. Bopara is young and talented, but is clearly not test material yet. If they want to win The Ashes then you have to pick batsmen scoring runs... i.e KEY and bowlers taking wickets. Not going top pick someone whose turn it is next.

Do you think?

The set up is arbitrary as f**k like.

They wont drop Cook. Strauss is probably safe until the Ashes as a "go to" guy for Pietersen. Collingwood seems to have found form again. If he plays (which he may not, they may go for another bowler, or bring Broad back) Bopara will probably get an extended run in the side.

SA are on 105 /4 Harmison sounds like he is leathal out there and has two of them.

Edited 118 /5. Anderson now has two. The air here in south London is very heavy so the ball will be moving through the air, but the English bowlers are taking advantage of this.

Edited by dorlomin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...