All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Neil

Ticket queing

random allocation can be gamed too! - people will find ways to make it work for them.
  3. Yes, the fact that No Doubt might not be allowed to announce any other dates until Coachella ends. Blur might be in the same situation.
  4. lot's have been mentioned but I would add... -Yard Act - They are post punky but definitely a bit of britpop in there. Sound a bit like Pulp, Blur, The Fall - The Breeders - classic american 90's alt rock band. You will have heard the song Cannonball at indie discos up and down the land over the last 30 years. Kim Deal was in the Pixies and sit next to them and Pavement, Sonic Youth. -Newdad - released debut album earlier this year. shoegazey 90's indie rock. In a similar vein to Wolf Alice.
  5. DeanoL

Ticket queing

How are you defining fair? This system, or a ballot system, would undoubtedly be fairer, if "fair" means "everyone should have as equal as possible a chance". The current system is intentionally unfair, as it rewards people willing and able to put in a modicum of effort (an hour of refreshing a page). It also rewards larger organised groups which may or may not be intentional. I think it's fairly reasonable and probably the best way to do it. It doesn't require an excessive amount of effort, or a level of effort most people couldn't achieve - if the sale were longer, or required physically queuing as some always suggest, that's excluding more people. Some people will still get caught up though. The current system looks a load less fair if you're in a job where you can't clear that hour on Sunday morning. (And yes, I appreciate most people can, but that's the point, some will always get caught up in it).
  6. God, I hope so. Not seen them live yet
  7. kemosabe

Ticket queing

To an extent. It also rewards big groups trying together too. I dunno how you change that though.
  8. This is a loyalist wind-up 😄
  9. There's a band who have 0 gigs or tours announced, and they are being looked at as an obvious candidate - am I missing something?
  10. gfa

Electronica/Dance

Cool PM me your details and @Fishman - i'll throw something together tomorrow / after work
  11. Do your all think that duster is early afternoon Mordor Material?
  12. gfa

Electronica/Dance

I agree - theres nothing too interesting bigger name wise and its mostly just repeats. Its solid though - but tbh never really go to shangri la its a human cattle pen at the best of times IICON again perhaps
  13. Good call...and I will divide myself between Herrensauna and ag cook
  14. I'm genuinely sorry my comment annoyed you enough to drag it back up ten days later. But, to answer your question, the coach sale wasn't any quicker then normal was it? Felt about average? Also, I didn't want to reply the other day as you seemed vexed and I didn't want to argue on the internet. But I feel you have the wrong end of the stick on my initial comment. I wasn't saying that I thought this year was the worst ever for sales for the festival or something and she's completely lying to cover that up. I just think it's probably one of the better ones sure, but she's probably putting a promoters spin on it for the good headlines and take the flak of SZA - which isn't a bad thing! Something like last year with Elton John seemed in my head to be a year which would have potentially more retentions, baring in mind the economic situation in this country right now and the headliners. But I doubt it's a massive difference either way. But I admit what I said was pure speculation. So honestly if it genuinely annoys you so much I take it back and apologise. Life is too short to get angry at each other 😊
  15. Pretty much mirror what others have said, T&C, Glasto Latino, Greenfields. All great for a bimble round.
  16. gfa

Shangri La

My mate who absolutely loves desi acts can't go this year, she's going to be gutted when she sees it!
  17. Sorry to be that guy - But where does it say this, had a quick search through their socials and couldn't see anything? Interesting to see the set up this year! Basement into Turnstile 2022 was the hottest i've ever been at a gig.
  18. I’m in a group of 4 chaps.
  19. im agree they both probably play 1:30 h late in Mordor just before justice
  20. its not that quiet here at the moment! not quiet enough for pure bait at least
  21. After talk of not enough bands playing Aviva Studios in Manchester they add it. They'll sound amazing in there.
  22. Think we will get overmono ?
  23. Strummerville on Thursday night for me (yeah it is music strictly, but so much more). A nice spot on the sofa, speaking to random people, watch the lighting of the fire. And boom - three hours have passed!
  24. Was gonna say the same thing joy anonymous, Fred again, fourtet and skrillex seem to go everywhere together! I’ll be at this set for sure
  25. Nduja

Shangri La

Arrivals looks like a stage entirely dedicated to Desi acts which is pretty cool and forward thinking. Pretty excited about Blanco on Platform 23 (rapper from Kennington, Angolan heritage, draws a lot of his sounds from Brazillian music).
  1. Load more activity

• Latest Tourdates