All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Johndenis

Other Stage 2020

@incident - thanks for your factual points about the positioning of Foals at TRNSMT. Despite a lack of big tunes - I would argue My Number from 7 years ago was their last one - Foals perhaps have some kind of hyper local popularity specific to the English south west. I don't think this can or should translate to headlining a stage at Glastonbury. I think The Courteneers are mince but would grudgingly accept that they are popular enough to play stadiums in the north of England and headline TRNSMT in Scotland. Foals would not be popular enough to do this.
  3. Great summary Yelo. I think you are right in what you say but we are definitely missing the 'big' name that everyone has heard of. Along the lines of the previously announced Ed Sheeran, Foo Fighters, Rihanna, Pink. For example, we are coming with four 15-year-old girls and they know The Weeknd but have never heard of Bon Iver or AVB. Lady Gaga would knock it out of the park but not if she isn't touring! Suspect that Travis will be a certainty. I would be distraught if The Libertines are booked as headliner over Foals. Do Libertines have any following in Europe? Even their following in the UK has diminished quite considerably in recent years. I would class Foals, Kasabian and LG much bigger nowadays.
  4. I like the idea of the radio show to allow the hosts to have a more in depth conversation about each of the bookings but using this as the only communications channel just feels so amateur. Any non Spanish speakers or those who miss the show are relying on forums and such to actually find out who's been announced. That alongside the lack of communication behind the changes in announcement schedules, from 10 acts every day to 4 acts on Mondays, just makes the whole thing seem so disorganized.
  5. Not a fan but yeah huge name
  6. eFestivals

efests Exit Poll

if he'd been hoping to take us out of the EU I'd agree with you; his side losing doesn't make him part of the other side.
  7. Yeah, I understand that. But since they are announcing so much of their lineup at RPS, many non-spanish will have some interest to follow it.
  8. I'm exactly the same. Hated anything that wasn't very very heavy and was adamant my opinion would never change. Still love that now but also expanded my music taste way beyond it
  9. Just wait until Kendrick is announced, the meltdown will be fully in play on social media. Will make the reaction to Macca and Swifty seem tame. A lot of it will be borderline racism as well. I've already seen some comments like that about him just being rumoured.
  10. Quark

2020 headliners

Still deciding what to do with these FNM tickets I've managed to get hold of... I've no massive allegiance to the Chilis. Very much love BSSM and Californication, and By The Way has some lovely stuff on it. Their stuff from Stadium onwards...no thanks. But they do seem to be very polarising, which is always entertaining to watch
  11. I can understand the Spanish part, because it takes time, effort and planning capacities to make a radio show. We cannot know how fluent all of the involved are in English, so it might come at extraordinary effort to offer it in English, too. Especially since they are devoting around 15 minutes in-depth conversation to every act at the moment.. Also keep in mind, that the international audience generally doesn't pay that much attention to RPS, whilst it is probably wider received around the year in Spain and especially Barcelona.
  12. Doug85

2020 headliners

Agreed, however i'll never forgive them for the shower of shite they served up at their gig in 2012. Never Again.
  13. I agree, and I find it strange that it's only in Spanish. Then they just ignore 50 % of their audience.
  14. i think most people are like this - in my teenage years if it weren't death metal then i didn't want to know! i wonder what my 14yo self would say if he knew in his middle age years he would be VERY happy about the news we are discussing here!
  15. balti-pie

2020 headliners

Iโ€™m not really often in here, cos headliners/meh etc etc, but Iโ€™d just like it on record that I think RHCP are a bag of bollocks and even getting Harry Kane, Skeletor and Dave Lombardo in the band wouldnโ€™t make them a must-see. hi @Quark ๐Ÿ˜˜ love you!
  16. Quark

Self Confirmed 2020

As promised on these boards previously, I'll be returning with my one man show "Drunk Guy Staggers In Circles At The Bottom Of Muddy Lane" to critical and commercial indifference
  17. Announce Death Grips, Gabi. Give the people what they want.
  18. Quark

2020 headliners

Seen them 4 times in total. Reading '99 - peak Californication era, amazing. Hyde Park '04 - OK, not terrible but a noticeable drop in form Reading '06 - Stadium Arcadium, Frusciante on his way to burnout, utterly terrible Benicassim '17 - Klinghofer, amazing performance again. From the shows I've seen, which ties in with yours, they're at their worst when Frusciante is knackered and phoning it in.
  19. I really liked these announcements at first, but since they tuned down not only the frequency and the number of names but also seem to be announcing mostly obscure Spanish/Catalan or other very small Acts that have no relevance for 90% of the audience, I'm starting to get tired of them
  20. Such incredible news, one of the best guitarists around. Was gutted when he left, never thought he'd come back!
  21. its a no from me, however the fun part has been scrolling through twitter and seeing all the American "swifties" comments about glasto "what is this????" "we need to get tickets!!!!" etc - I think it will actually raise Glastonbury's profile to a new audience at the very least
  22. i think it is a stage curated by young beef
  23. superhands91

Other Stage 2020

โ€œFridayโ€ headliners
  24. 1986

2020 headliners

People at least admit to liking SRs songs before that. The way it sounded on here RHCP are up their with Creed and Jedward as universally excepted abominations to music. No doubt, I don't know their history too well but I assume that's right. No one was even that kind about them this time last week mind . Consistency is all I ask for
  25. What's that? I didn't go in 2019 and don't remember any stage with that name in 2018 or 2016
  26. Matt42

Self Confirmed 2020

โ€œQuark - (TBC)โ€ Somerset live makes an article Someone with a pit bull as their icon on twitter โ€œLol what the hell has Glastonbury come to ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ the who in 2015 and now Quark ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. Iโ€™m off to IOW!โ€
  1. Load more activity

ร—
ร—