All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I have said it before but DJ's are todays rock stars, like it or not but the following they get is bigger than rock bands these day
  3. Barry cant swim is on at 1.45am though ffs
  4. Greens pulled the plug overnight - SNP reacted this morning to try and look like it was their idea.
  5. Fisher for main stage? pardon my f**k? i cannot see this
  6. Another Vodafone competition is on its way soon team 🍀🤞
  7. erm... I remember them well. But it's still a mexican wave but with voice instead of hands. Never heard it be called a mexican rave before. Don't think google has either from my quick search!
  8. SNP power sharing deal with Greens in the bin.
  9. Joined in with his guitar haha
  10. I don't really understand the fuss about special guests. Not the endless speculation, at least. It's become another one of the strange modern Glastonbury phenomena. Don't get me wrong, when it happens (particularly the occasions where people least suspect it - Bruce Springsteen with McCartney, for example), it can be magical, but the mindless clamour amongst the camp I was in last year just before Elton came on was ridiculous. I lost count of the names that "someone they'd bumped into who works for the BBC" had heard. Britney, Dua, McCartney, Eminem, Harry Styles, etc. It's Elton John. Is that not enough? It turned out to be Brandon Flowers and a couple other lesser known artists. Probably didn't add anything at all to the overall performance. Same situation the year before, Dr Dre and Eminem were supposedly dropping in with Kendrick. Turned out to be one of the most fantastically choreographed performances I've ever witnessed and not a guest in sight. I have to agree with a few above. In hindsight, most guest spots that I've seen aren't that memorable.
  11. Nuthugger

NFR NFC 24

same. vintage stuff. glasto peaked that year imo
  12. i'm sorry but i just don't believe it - there is no way Bruce is going to walk out on stage without a big pile of cash being involved (hell, i'm sure he even sends an invoice to the school in Freehold...) and i say this as a Bruce fan. but i don't want to drag this into a "Bruce..." discussion, i mean it in a general way. i just dont believe that anyone is going to do it for free.
  13. Barry can't swim Fred again Overmono Four Tet I am more than happy with that, take away the headliners, plenty of quality acts to see
  14. OK. Fair. But he was onsite anyway and just stood in the background joining in.
  15. Nuthugger

2024 New Music

our girl have a new single out today called relief. id love to see them at glasto (or big moon again for that matter)
  16. Bangerzonly

2024 New Music

Recently discovered Grace Cummings, whose at Wide Awake festival next month and supporting King Gizzard in Bristol too. What a voice. Think Neil Diamond meets Sharon Van Etten. 'Heaven' will blow you away.
  17. Imagine will only be smaller names this year. - not only do the bookings seem to be very hap-hazard and random this year, but the marketing and announcement strategy is nothing other than poor. These names have been randomly announced with no structure to the line up announcements whatsoever. Maybe that’s linked to troubles with booking artists (which I can only assume is down to money reasons…). I think this is the most ‘in-balanced’ line up Sziget ever presented. When you’re presenting a week long festival encompassing different music types, it’s very strange to not even have one band as headliner in the mix and only bands lower down on the undercard. Whilst some of this years names stand alone would sell tickets, I think they will struggle to sell week passes big time. 2023 line up is a dream compared to this one.
  18. no a mexican wave is literally the thing you see at football matches when people put their hands up. mexican raves were the cheering version. they were really cool. theyd sweep across the whole site (this was when there was less to do on a weds/thurs lol)
  19. Sounds good to me! Sombrero hats and moustaches. I'm in.
  20. Guns 'n' Roses brought Dave Grohl out for Paradise City
  21. There's a difference between doing it for costs vs doing it for costs *and* a fat stack. In the case of Macca's guests they were clearly there for the man himself rather than to grab a huge bag.
  22. I expect those slots will be for Hungarian acts. Edit: Fisher was announced for the Main Stage
  23. The old one didn't look like a Playstation 2, so something needed doing about that. They're making use of their 24 hour license. Later in the summer they've got a UFC card, but set up on yank time. A nice 6am sunday exodus, fight fans!
  24. i obviously have no way of knowing this either way - but i would say that Bruce did NOT do that appearance for free.
  25. So we still need at least 1-2 names on the main stage and a few on Revolut I guess
  26. Kylie is going to be there I read - maybe with Dua Lipa and/or Jessie Ware
  1. Load more activity

• Latest Tourdates