All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. That’s it, great idea, ditch the super fence and encircle the whole site with car henge, a security guard on top of each vehicle, none of those pleasant oxfam volunteers either, just some nasty private security firm run by east end gangsters. That’ll stop the Twix fuelled infiltrators.
  3. The iicon field is very underutilised, how about using it as a Williams green stage during the day into the evening? (I seem to remember the original williams green finished fairly early so shouldn't impact on iicon's lineup)
  4. I’ve got a feeling they may drop a stage announcement next week to jolt ticket balance payments, and if the SH lineup is as good as last year it may be a good candidate
  5. Everyone knows how much I adore the festival, but losing Williams Green still really hurts. There was and is no other venue that had/has that identity and curated line-up. It was like a small version of the 'New Bands Tent' that JPT was once and for many of us was a key part of our daily line-up schedule. Yes, the big bookings, especially on Thursday with so much less on around the site, became untenable. Fine. Stop booking those bands. But, that combination of upcoming bands and also daytime sets by more established artists who were playing elsewhere during the weekend (Everything Everything, Courtney Barnett etc) was unique to Glastonbury, and its passing is one small step towards the Farm feeling more like 'all the other festivals'. And that's a huge shame. With the loss of The Rabbit Hole, the only vaguely comparable daytime venue (though I do understand the reasons for its end), that type of experience at Glastonbury has taken another huge hit for those of us less interested in chart popular stuff and nostalgia acts. I truly hope they knock it out of The Park with a replacement for the ol' Hole. Ben
  6. The price is set by how well it is selling afaik. So obvs this will remain low till a headliner is announced
  7. Exactly. This is why it can only really be cost savings. One stage doesnt ruin your entire experience but its the removal of choice and a venue that offered something slightly different
  8. Very slim chance he will be at Glastonbury I guess gig in Turkey on 29th, But I'd love Christian Loffler to do a set somewhere. Be this years Max Cooper
  9. I'm a little surprised that the solution was to get rid of the whole stage. Clearly booking the big names on there particularly Thursday, were causing issues. But no problem with the smaller acts on the rest of the wknd. That being said the absence of the William's Green stage had no negative impact on my Glastonbury 23
  10. Anyway its never coming back and i wont forgive them, but whats done is done
  11. They do but its not the same level there is a big, big gulf in stature between playing the emerging talent comp and being booked low down on woodsies or park Panic shack for example played truth stage last year, and would have been a perfect candidate for a williams green show. The smaller stages dont book the same way WG did. Grove played greenpeace, same applies. Both were on the thursday which got them a good crowd which was nice. but neither stage does specifically what WG did. it was the place you caught amyl and the sniffers or yard act before they made the step up.
  12. Today
  13. You do realise there are 100 stages that they are still able to use to promote talent ? Williams green not the only one …. They also run several competitions designed at promoting talent either by giving space at Pilton party or offering a space at the festival
  14. Lol forgive me one though wikipedia says 2021? Are you thinking of Lucy Rose?
  15. Unless theres any other knowledge it can only be costs? they could have just stopped opening it on the thursday, if that was the issue. Or booked stuff most people hadnt heard of / given a leg up to emerging bands. can you tell i am still annoyed about it 😂 glasto at this point are asking the the rest of the festival sector and industry to do the new bands / talent development for them and book acts 2/3 years down the road on park / woodsies that have already done the festival circuit by the time they reach that level you can already see the stars of tomorrow at green man and end of the road usually 2 years before they get anywhere near glastonbury. Removing the main tent these acts have available to them is piss poor.
  16. I think Big Thief will either open the main stage or play in the tent and Yard Act will definitely play in the tent. If you're lucky they'll play the same time as Raye so then you can catch Skrillex and Fred at the main stage after
  17. I know someone who used to tour with them and he said they always had fancy wine at hand and stuff 😅 they mainly preach their working man values at winchester oxford canterbury now
  18. After the initial setup costs car henge will be a pittance to roll out year on year. The foundations are in place they just need labour time to build it, take it down and somewhere to store it. All of which they already have plenty of. Why else would it have been done other than costs? WG was incorrectly considered expendable and a cost saving. Someone else's favourite area / tent is next.
  19. Sadly absolutely spot on they save thousands booking a williams green lineup tho….. meanwhile new bands breaking through are meant to play where exactly?
  20. Haha no chance, they sold out years ago
  21. I can go only on a last day and I’m interested to see Big Thief, Yard Act, Skrillex and Fred Again. But I’m pretty sure that some of them will play at the same time, right?
  22. his album "Rounds" got me into electronic music after being a deluded hater of "computer garbage". the man is a genius and a legend. he honestly never even made just average music, always interesting and innovating. his new album just got out, and it doesnt disappoint. its his 12th record as Four Tet.. so glad to see him, and honestly I hope all Fred, Skrillex and him will have their own set, with their own music.
  1. Load more activity

• Latest Tourdates