All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Was going to come in here and say over the past ten years what really struck me is there is now a bit more rudeness, anger and animosity in the crowds I've experienced. But it appears that has also spread here too now 😉 On the whole though the crowds are still better than anywhere and a pleasant places but the number of incidents I've witnessed had gone up over the decades. Oh, and it doesn't seem more crowded to me - 2000 in general and even Rolf Harris, I think at West Holts, was way worse than anything I've seen recently, Everything Everything, The Smyths and Power Ballads have seen crazy crowds at Williams Green but it never felt unsafe.
  3. They were awesome at Piece Hall in Halifax last year
  4. Ah cool, I hadn't heard that story but it definitely had the feel that he was just kinda there and wanted to do it which was a nice thing to do.
  5. Probably down to how much mark up the seller is putting on for their own pocket.
  6. I'm seeing them on Saturday in London, it's gonna be awesome - the Brown Album is one of my all time favourites.
  7. I’d totally agree with that. Been several times over the years and the atmosphere is great. The campsites are friendly and despite the age of the band the audience is multi generational, families from kids to grandparents as well as folkies. It will run its course over the next few years, a combination of the band retiring and the cost of putting on a festival. The cost is their problem this year and as they’ve stated it’s not unique to them.
  8. Hello! It's lovely to see another Medwayite in the wild! 😄 I actually think Glastonbury is really popular around here, it astonishes me how many cars you see with festival parking stickers in the window. Good to hear the promo stuff is up in those stores, all the ones I've hit around Rochester have been totally devoid of it... 😞 Am just hoping that where they're all Group stores that the competitions are running and my cheese, beer, cider and (imminently) tea purchases will have been counted!
  9. Kylie will charge a lot more than Kim. She ain't coming. I don't think we'll get a direct replacement for Kim either way. Let's be real, in the next couple weeks we'll get a list of names that have had to drop out and some names that will be added. The new names will unlikely be as exciting as the names we're losing, that's just the way it is. We're unlikely to hear anything until the prices go up. They'll then probably send an email detailing who's in, who's out, and a reminder to buy some Ciutat tickets.
  10. From the press conference: Organizers want the food to be cheaper, the drinks to stay on the same price as last year. Real alternatives for “budget food” instead of chips+sauce. There will be shuttle buses to Margaret Bridge after the headliner Changes in the main stage area: the huge area "will be split into two smaller sides", so you can "see more from the back" (idk how). There will be a “fan pit” in the front, and instead of one huge tower in the middle there will be two smaller ones on the sides. H-bridge will be open for exit on busy times Hungarians bought most of the early bird tickets, for the first time in the last couple of years.
  11. I’m 23 and I think the line up is awful. last year, however, I thought was decent. Imagine dragons, girl in red, lorde, Florence & machine, Billie eilish were all ‘big’ appealing names to me. This year I would struggle to want to see any of the headliners apart from Martin Garrix.
  12. I'm happy you call it that and don't really care too much - you can call it what you like. It's not a widely used term though is it, otherwise the fancy google machine would know about it.
  13. I've heard Brian Fallon from Gaslight tell this story multiple times on podcasts. He had never met Bruce before, but Bruce is his favourite artist of all time. The band rocked up to go on stage, and Bruce was just stood there, and said hello. Brian freaked out, and Bruce asked "can I play on that song The 59 Sound?" and Brian was like uhhh yes please. Or so the story goes. I'm not sure if he's omitted a section of the story where Bruce asks for 10 grand to play with them - but what I do know if Brian talks about it as maybe the best moment of his life, as he had no indication Bruce had heard of the band. Of course he went on to appear with Bruce to sing No Surrender that night, and it's safe to say there's a lot more in it for Gaslight than Bruce when it comes to exposure!
  14. Not happy about that blue bit stuck over us.
  15. I guess if they want it to end naturally then that's ok. I've not been to Cropredy before, but they could take a look at Mucky Weekender and Beautiful Days to see how the events attract people outside of their fans.
  16. and im sure if you operate your fancy google machine and put mexican wave into there youll see a lot of hands going up and down giving the impression of a wave. this is a different thing hence the different name - going in line with the whole language thing we do.
  17. but isn't this exactly the way it should be? its a festival run specifically by a band specifically for their fans? so why is that an issue? surely that's just what it is? the festival running its course in the next few years to me just seems like a perfectly natural end to an event that served a very specific purpose.
  18. Both Hempstead, Tywdall and Parkwood co-ops have had promo material on display and on the radio! The staff I've spoken to also knew about the competitions so fingers crossed. Also hello fellow Medwegian 👋
  19. Cardi B was a bigger top line name. And Minogue and Furtado don't fit the festival, especially the latter, and are also expensive presumably.
  20. PDAD

2024 New Music

Yep, what a voice! 'Refuge Cove' was alright but 'Storm Queen' was one of my favourite albums of 2022 and I am loving the new one so far. Got to be in the mood for her but when I am, she reaaallly hits the spot. 'Everybody's Somebody' is so so strong.
  21. They replaced Cardi B with Miley Cyrus in 2019, one month before the festival if I reckon!
  1. Load more activity

• Latest Tourdates