All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Yeah I had that as Carhenge Also the map has come early May the last 2 years, but most years before that it's been mid-April, so I guessed they'd want to get back to the usual announcement time for it.
  3. The festival has done this in previous years (2019). Lots of people were gaming the system to obtain local tickets (to the point where genuine locals were missing out). GFL sent out emails to request recent proof of address (drivers license, council tax bill, polling card), anyone who couldn't provide their details were correct had their tickets cancelled after 14 days. So it's at least possible...
  4. fair point, but then these type of comments ⬇️ suggest to people there is any knowledge at all about the timetable which there isn't. Apart from the headline and some electronic acts placing an act at any time on any stage is a completely wild guess. This board is read by many more people than just those with accounts.
  5. This is what I was hoping would happen re the long term future of nightlife areas. Have the heavy hitters on at areas like the Glade and SH and spread people out across the site. I like SEC but feel like Glade and SH work better as areas to hear big DJs and SEC is more immersive. What’s the point in packing out Shingri La for a DJ set if you can’t do the fun stuff and interact with the actors after dark?
  6. That's exactly what I thought. Difficult to believe I know!
  7. Electric Picnic announcing their (16-18 August Ireland) announcing line-up on Fri - wonder if it's a shared headliner who's yet to announce tour
  8. I reckon they'll still do a West Holts announcement - most people aren't as obsessive as us and won't know about the leak.
  9. I always go with the notion of needing about 4/5 bands that aren't just a....if I catch them including a headliner. Just because what today's prices are doesn't mean they are worth it lol.
  10. I still think the map will be into May. Probably after the Arcadia and Block 9 announcements. And if Williams Green is returning in some capacity, they'll probably want a big reveal of that too.
  11. Hey - also a first timer with Avalon. I filled out the form before Glade was announced and went for West Holts which I’d be really happy with if it comes through. I’ve browsed YouTube videos and it seems the bar is right besides a heaving stage so should get a good view and be kept busy 🍻 . good luck with your choice!
  12. Aye yeah, good point about the set times. Now I come to think of it the 3 bands I mentioned that made me buy a Friday ticket I have actually seen within the last year… definitely feels less value for money today than it did when I bought the ticket yesterday. Anyhow I’m sure I’ll have a decent time and here’s hoping the weather delivers
  13. How times have changed. Silver Hayes used to be the one area that people really disliked. Weird vibe, average lineup. Now most are looking at Silver Hayes as the main late night area rather than the South East Corner. Speaks volumes for the improvements in SH and the perception of certain areas creatively standing still elsewhere.
  14. One of my Glastonbury rituals used to be buying a pint of milk from the milk tractor and downing it in one as a hangover cure each morning. Strangely enough, on no other day of the year would I ever consider downing a full pint of milk to cure a hangover. Maybe it only works if you're hungover on a dairy farm?? Thanks again for all the comments all - seems like the main difference will be the busyness (worse than 2000?). Even after such a long gap, Worth farm is still my favourite place in the world. I genuinely can't wait!
  15. If I don't get to see Keane there on the 5th I'm going to throw fists
  16. Gonna do a bold prediction for the order: Acoustic ✅️ Avalon ✅️ Shangri-La ✅️ The Glade ✅ New Map (this week) ️Theatre & Circus (this week) Kidzfield (next week) Silver Hayes (next week) West Holts (next week) The Common (next week) Leftfield (in 2 weeks) Glasto Latino (in 2 weeks) Croissant Neuf (in 2 weeks) Woodsies (in 3 weeks) Arcadia (in 3 weeks) Block 9 (in 3 weeks) Pilton Palais (in 4 weeks) Unfairground (in 4 weeks) The Park (in 4 weeks) Strummerville (no announcement) Carhenge (in 5 weeks) Full lineup & timings in 5 weeks Separate Poetry & Words announcement in 2 weeks, and Deluxe Diner & Rocket Lounge in 3 weeks Will definitely all be completely wrong, but by the looks of it it means we'll be getting an average of 3 announcements per week - get in!
  17. Unable to get a concrete answer on this, I've got friends with hospitality camping and I'm wondering if I can camp there with a crew wristband? Or in regular fields only? Any help appreciated!
  18. As mentioned, there are two separate queues for car and coach arrivals at gate A. They converge close to the actual gate and they let through more coach people than car people, so you queue less in the coach queue.
  19. Luckily I'm a STH so it doesn't affect me but plenty of my friends are silver members. 🙂
  20. Gosh! Good programming would make that an even bigger draw away from the SEC and elsewhere, at least until 3am. Ben
  21. Sounds like you have a ticket that comes with access to the on-site hospitality campsite, which is pretty much a no frills affair that just comes with a few food vendors, private bar and showers. The £5k tickets folk are talking about are for the off-site luxury glamping sites.
  22. Just realised this is Bearded! Thought it was for the Norfolk festival. Looks like full stage times are coming after all!
  23. Telling a blatant lie isn't good management! I don't believe she'd do that.... she'd have said something more ambiguous like 'we're overwhelmed by the amount of people who've paid their balances and there will be a very limited resale' I think ticket holders in general aren't as obsessed about the headliners as people think they are. It's sold out and there are plenty of gutted ticketless people, just like usual.
  24. Sorry to hear about the death of Frank Field. One for the few policitions I had any respect for. We need more like him in parliament.
  25. From last year, those two stages were not the busiest. I'm hoping the change will mean that the layout of the site will be improved, especially the trek between Quarry and main.
  1. Load more activity

• Latest Tourdates