All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I understand where you are coming from, but let me assure you, that this lineup WILL NOT be a commercial success. Just look at ticketswap. Right now you can buy a 6-day pass more than 30 percent under the current official price. ATM there are nearly 500 6 day passes selling. What would you say how many people are buying new tickets right now and after seeing the line up? This generation thing is a bullshit. Young people can and do love "old" music, it just have to be good music.
  3. No we're still in el nino territory, forecast to transition to enso neutral in the next couple of months and then La Nina forming later in the year albeit with only 60% probability (certainty will improve over the next couple of months once the so called 'spring barrier' has passed) Global av temp for April will almost certainly be another record breaker
  4. A festival in Romania called Beach Please! just announced Travis Scott. Talk about possible headliner material. I guess Sziget just doesn't have the money.
  5. If they replace her at all, its not a mandatory thing after all, more of a courtesy. Will hardly impact sales at this point anyway.
  6. Dont want to get too hung up on the lineup til i know what shifts i'm given, but Les savy fav and Dinosaur jr are the two bands i'm most fancying, so hopefully the shift gods sort me out on the sunday 👍
  7. Billy Woods, Senyawa, .Mc Yallah & Debmaster 👏🏻👏🏻
  8. Very happy with that. Richard Hawley a very pleasant surprise
  9. Sziget has always been for younger generations, never really seen it as a multi-generation festival like Glasto. Show this line-up to 20 year olds and see what they think (I don't know the answer). That's the age I first went to Sziget and I loved the line-up. I guess I'm just getting old. I love Kylie tho - but that makes sense considering my age. But what am I going to do if I stop going to Sziget? There's really no other festival besides Sziget and Glasto in terms of festival atmosphere and non-music activities.. but essentially music is my driving factor, i can't be without music. Bummer.
  10. Imagine if we get Kylie Minogue or Nelly Furtado (she's playing in London and Dublin on Saturday and Sunday) as a replacement, that would be awesome. They need to replace Kim Petras with a gay icon.
  11. Haha I wish. More like a lurker who has read hundreds of names of artists I have never heard of in this thread - who is actually happy with the electronic music on offer (not Fisher). I feel like Sziget needed to do something to get older people onto the island, and that’s what Kylie feels like. Hopefully as it’s the end of a summer run her show will be nailed down and good. But let’s just say my username is definitely tongue in cheek. Regarding the rest of the line up not being to the taste of many on this forum. The times are changing. Many of us, and I include myself, are probably not the core demographic that Sziget are targeting in the coming years. The people who attended during the 10s are growing older and the baton is being passed to a younger generation, many of whom have never heard of Blur, No Doubt or QOTSA etc. It’s extra jarring because COVID took two years of Sziget. I wonder if they are struggling to recover. Maybe a shorter festival is on the horizon. If this is your last Sziget because the line up is sh*t. Recognise that a good thing is coming to an end. Let it flow through you. Just enjoy your last time on the island. Life comes fast.
  12. Think this is quite exciting, didn't see Billy Woods coming, Still House Plants and Chanel Beads are fascinating prospects and the descriptions of a few of the others seem promising. Will get to a Clashfinder update imminently.
  13. I'd say shes unlikely, her tour starts in Belgium one day later, so she probably flies in from the us then. If its was the middle of a tour, you could probably just fit a date in between or restructure the bus route, but rebooking flights at this point with all things involved like toll and stuff seems like too much of a hassle for a single date. I absolutely hate to restart this discussion, but Slowdive would still be free 😄 Also Altin Gün
  14. Not from what I remember. Yes they weren't perfect, but nowhere near as expensive or sh*t as now...just from my own personal experience of using train to get down to London and back a few weeks ago...shockingly sh*t value for money.
  15. Personally very happy with this but was pretty happy anyway, MC Yallah and Billy Woods in particular are very exciting.
  16. So I’ve emailed Yurtel and they do seem to be legit!
  17. This really is a good line up for the second stage. Compare this with the last 2 editions.
  18. Neil

UK Politics

Surprised it doesn't also have the highest young person pregnancy rates
  19. Guitar music gets a bad rap these days and it's been a bit of a laughing stock for a while. But it's good to see it coming back with Idles headlining the Other Stage.
  20. Ah, small world! You're a local, I'm in Rochester. 🙂 I've been using the Co-Op at the bottom of Tideway, I looked it up on the Co-Op website to make sure it's part of Co-Op Group: https://www.coop.co.uk/store-finder None of the Medway Co-Ops have had any promo material on display, though, so Christ knows if the Brooklyn purchases I made were entered in the competition.
  21. Not terrible but a bit disappointing
  22. Lankum, breeders, fat white family should all be good
  1. Load more activity

• Latest Tourdates