All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Bradders

Map- 1995 vs 2019

About 2010 it changed to crew camping, I think.
  3. Maybe left field next? I think all this sunny weather has increased the need for an announcement!
  4. Johnnyseven

Map- 1995 vs 2019

I camped there in 1998. There was a river of mud flowing down the hill which slowly enveloped the tent next to mine.
  5. My newbie friend innocently asked me yesterday "so a practical question....what footwear do I need?" Well, well well, isn't that the golden question I've worn wellies at loads of festivals and never found them to hurt my feet or give me blisters. As long as you don't wear shit socks that constantly slip down they're fine... I do HATE how hot they can get but they're easy enough to take off This year I have a sexy pair of timberlands that I'm considering taking.... But too scared of ruining them, or encountering a too high puddle or whatever. I'd never subject them to a 2016. 2014? Maybe. 2017? Fuck them both off and wear skateshoes! My newbie friend did however suggest flipflops if sunny....so I was able to at least categorically say no to that
  6. Johnnyseven

Map- 1995 vs 2019

The current William's Green is next to where the meeting point is shown on the 95 map. Anyone know when the West Holts camping was taken away? I think I remember it being there in 98, 99 & 00.
  7. ogriff

Map- 1995 vs 2019

What was the capacity (and assumed attendance if alot of fence jumpers) in 95? Looks to be alot less room! I mistakenly didn't attend til post-fence as glasto was the festival my big sister went to. Eejit
  8. Spoiler free. Great build up this week, some cracking one liners and can't wait for the next one!
  9. One or two little teasers are good, as is some hints and some footage of the build. Gets the juices pumped for what’s coming, and of course, when you arrive, you’re blown away all over again. A few leaked images are never going to really prepare you for the reality, the scale and the detail of the finished thing. Id rather have this sort of stuff than the comprehensive spreadsheeting of every caterer and market stall that seems to be in vogue this season on efests. Hooray for the unexpected, the serendipitous and the places you can only find by happenstance. Every Glastonbury for me needs on Brigadoon moment, the place you find at 2am which is exactly what you need, but then can’t ever be found again in the cold light of day. That’s exactly as it should be, I’m there for an adventure, not to cross-reference an Excel listing.
  10. We must be due one now in the next 32 hours!
  11. pink_triangle

WWE

Dustin Rhodes is a great pickup for AEW. If he is part of the regular roster his experience could be invaluable.
  12. Easter schmeaster, that nonsense was yesterday. Let's have it...
  13. Depends how determined some people are to spoil what’s being created for the festival goers, of course. All the festival can do is ask but you’d think the majority of people working at Glastonbury are going to share the same ethos and go along with what’s being asked of them.
  14. Coming from a dry country for the festival for the first time in 2016 with boots was a nightmare. We don't have wellies around here and the debate on the exact topic here days before the 2016 festival convinced me that we'll manage without them. After seeing everybody in Bristol coach station wearing or holding wellies and the photos of the site on the thread kept coming, we were panicking so went outside to buy wellies but there were only 60£+ pairs so we gave up. After reaching the site and struggling with the mud for hours we decided to look for wellies but some places didn't have any wellies left for my size and the others didn't have for my partner size though we have pretty standard feet for a man and a woman- so you might need to be quick about it once you're in.
  15. t0paz

Map- 1995 vs 2019

I miss sleeping near the cinema! Nothing like a bit of Pulp Fiction in the background to drift off too.
  16. Makes sense to want to keep things special for when the doors open. It’s a friendly pointer in the right direction, nothing more.
  17. Mardy

Map- 1995 vs 2019

93-95 we camped in what’s now the SE corner, those two blobs of yellow in the bottom right of that 95 map. Was great.
  18. You’ve not made a lot of mates with that one
  19. sime

Map- 1995 vs 2019

I was there in 95. I like that although the site has expanded, a lot of it has remained the same. Every time I go back it feels like home. Just with an added extension to the side of the house and garden.
  20. To me all this talk about getting rid of everyone but 3-4 players is silly and unrealistic. The likes of Pep, Klopp and Poch are able to get talents to over perform. It's the job of OGS to do the same.
  21. the Silver Hayes page says he's playing Sonic on the Saturday. https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/silver-hayes/
  22. You’re actually kidding me, right? I think you’re not getting the message of most punk/post-punk anyway, one against gross misogyny. Listen to some IDLES or Slaves and you’ll hear that message loud and clear. If you really can’t relate to music sung by female singers, then I so woe your state. You’re missing out on some of the best, most progressive music out there, whether that be Press Club’s angsty punk or Janelle Monaé’s spellbinding new record.
  23. Today
  24. Does anybody else feel as though the modern world is passing them by, and that you're OK with that? 😄
  1. Load more activity