All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. The problem you're highlighting isn't the problem with a ballot, someone using a different persons ticket would be as much or as little an issue as it currently is. Think about it, think about the current system. you give your name, address and photo, but do Glastonbury verify this in any way, do they do a voters roll check to confirm its actually your address? or Ask for a passport to confirm your name? No of course they don't. Your name is whatever you tell them, your picture is whatever picture you give them and your address is where you want your tickets delivered. Your picture serves to deter touts and selling tickets on, its checked at the gate only, if it looks like you then you get in. Now think about a ballot, you can enter multiple separate registrations with a different picture and a different address, which could be any number of friends or family members that you could collect tickets from. You coudl even vary your name slightly with each registration, but you probably wouldn't need to bother. Unless Glastonbury specifically have a fraud team to sift through every single registration and try and spot duplicates, or invest in expensive AI software to spot duplicates, then a ballot would be subject to the exact same methods that people use to gain an advantage in the current sale, i.e large groups etc. But why on earth would they need the extra cost and administration headache? They just need to sell tickets for their festival which the current system does very well, and very efficiently in a way that is already completely fair. Instead, why doesn't the end user look at themselves and ask themselves and ask, what am I doing wrong?
  3. I was lucky enough to snag a ticket in the resale on Sunday, and am now in obsessive planning mode and all round over excitement for my first Glastonbury in 10 years (hooray!). It will be my 11th Glastonbury all told, so I feel like I know the set up pretty well, but after a decade away (young kids, ticket sale failures), there's probably quite a bit that's changed that might be worth knowing. So, what should I know? I assume that everywhere on site takes contactless payment, so less need to arrive with loads of cash?? Much as I'd love to be off grid for 5 days, I'll need to be reachable for parents doing childcare - are there still the odd charge points on site? Anything else worth knowing? Cheers!
  4. Oof Looks horrendous https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/concerts/how-coachella-became-the-worlds-worst-music-festival/
  5. Updating my answer again to be Glade
  6. Hi Everyone, I’m trying to get a tent in either worthy view or sticklinch, tried in the resale but failed! Iv read through this thread and seems I could still get one if I keep checking. if someone has successfully used a page monitor previously, could you please let me know which one it was? Iv never used one before and would love to get one set up as I’m desperate to secure some accommodation for the festival!! 😊
  7. Chef

Satellite pic.

EDIT: Double post
  8. Chef

Satellite pic.

Its definitely before 3pm on Thursday as that is when we arrived and the Worthy View car park isn't as full to back where we were parked. Its not that far off though so would guess some time Thursday morning.
  9. Just going on pure anecdotal stories and my own half formed observations/bollocks, the last 2 years being all timers (weather + big headliners) has done nothing to help reduce demand. Last 2 ticket sales have certainly been the hardest for my extended group - gone from consistent 100% success rate in the mid-2010s to only a minority now managing. I suppose once you go to glasto once, you probably want to go every year from then on. Probably more of these people each year than old timers who decide to 'retire'. Basically we need a few years in a row of complete stinkers, who's in?!
  10. samn94

Satellite pic.

You can see there's nobody at the front of the Pyramid as the fence is still up, so Thursday. If there are that many people at Stonebridge but nobody at Pyramid, it rules out Friday-Sunday I think.
  11. First I’d ever heard of them. They were excellent.
  12. Mary in the Junkyard would be brilliant to be honest. Apparently they played super early last year as well
  13. It's more effective than not refreshing, but less that more windows more of the time. There are limits to how many times you can refresh before being blocked, but that only applies per browser. So multiple browsers = more refreshes = more chances. More connects, more devices, more betterer. In simple terms when you go to Glastonbury.seetickets.com it directs you to a sever that sells tickets. However, it didn't direct people to all the severs they had - there were other servers capable of selling tickets that weren't in use for whatever reason (spares incase of failure, used for something else - whatever). People worked out that you could modify the hosts file on your computer to force your browser to load Glastonbury.seetickets.com on one of these unused 'spare' servers which didn't have much traffic going to them so just gave you the form straight away with no countdown page. It seems the exploit had existed for a while; there were definitely reports & screen shots of people paying for 'guaranteed' tickets last year and it seems this is how they, and some of the big syndicates, were seeing such success. If you try and do the same trick now you get a forbidden message so it's patched.
  14. Pazzler

Satellite pic.

Most stages are well worn, which would suggest Saturday or Sunday. And Gate C had that queue every bloody morning.
  15. deadponyclub

Glastocam!

lots more Pyramid activity this morning....
  16. Most you have to give your registration number to Glastonbury so they’ll void the win if you’ve already got tickets (it’s in a lot of the terms and conditions for the comps)
  17. Have you been smoking crack?
  18. You got a ticket this year mate?
  19. Get yourselves to another festival plenty of fun to be had elsewhere Bearded Theory, Shambala, Boomtown or part at the end of Shindig plenty of quality other festivals that let's be honest need the publics support to survive
  20. I reckon that competitions closing prior to the cancellation deadline are certainly fair game - get your ticket for free (minus the cancellation fees), and can bring in a friend who doesn't have a ticket yet. Not bothering with anything after that.
  21. Idles are headlining Truck too and I feel the same away about them.
  22. Simsy

Resale Groups

Yes, I got some fairly last minute tickets for a couple of things at the Olympics because people who got them in the ballot didn't actually want them so they went on general sale. Loads of people applied for events they weren't really interested in because it was a lottery system.
  23. It's not viable advice for general public, though. Aside from the fact that enforcement increases tenfold on show days, the public are heavily discouraged from getting anywhere near the area.
  1. Load more activity

• Latest Tourdates