All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Not happy about that blue bit stuck over us.
  3. I guess if they want it to end naturally then that's ok. I've not been to Cropredy before, but they could take a look at Mucky Weekender and Beautiful Days to see how the events attract people outside of their fans.
  4. and im sure if you operate your fancy google machine and put mexican wave into there youll see a lot of hands going up and down giving the impression of a wave. this is a different thing hence the different name - going in line with the whole language thing we do.
  5. but isn't this exactly the way it should be? its a festival run specifically by a band specifically for their fans? so why is that an issue? surely that's just what it is? the festival running its course in the next few years to me just seems like a perfectly natural end to an event that served a very specific purpose.
  6. Both Hempstead, Tywdall and Parkwood co-ops have had promo material on display and on the radio! The staff I've spoken to also knew about the competitions so fingers crossed. Also hello fellow Medwegian 👋
  7. Cardi B was a bigger top line name. And Minogue and Furtado don't fit the festival, especially the latter, and are also expensive presumably.
  8. PDAD

2024 New Music

Yep, what a voice! 'Refuge Cove' was alright but 'Storm Queen' was one of my favourite albums of 2022 and I am loving the new one so far. Got to be in the mood for her but when I am, she reaaallly hits the spot. 'Everybody's Somebody' is so so strong.
  9. They replaced Cardi B with Miley Cyrus in 2019, one month before the festival if I reckon!
  10. Worth a Shot XD XD The last time I was this disappointed was when Spurs Faced Liverpool in the Champions League Final.
  11. Maybe they could get Arcade Fire to play 😛
  12. According to the press conference Fred, Skrillex and Four Tet specifically requested to play on the same day. They also plan to do something about the food prices and the drink prices will stay the same.
  13. Cheapest option with parking at Sticklinch is £490 which is quite a lot more expensive than this option if you already have your own tent. Plus there is never enough toilets and showers for everyone at Sticklinch. I would assume that as this is a relatively new option, and most people would have already sorted their plans for 2024 then it won't be super busy. So could be really good option.
  14. yeah fair enough - but Bruce (not just Bruce, all of them) DOES notice it, even if its only £10,000 my point is there is no way he is walking out onto that stage without getting paid. these people are all about the money - that's it. whether its £10m, £100k or £10k - they know all about it and they want to see it on the balance sheet. and again, let me stress this - i say this as a Bruce fan.
  15. Shygirl looks like the best addition in this situation. Matches much more Kim Petras style of music, has free dates that Thursday, is around the area (she has a concert in Paris on Saturday) and personally i like her a lot.
  16. It actually looks quite tempting but put off by not being allowed to use a camping stove and cook at your own tent.
  17. Bodega, English Teacher and Viji all clashing is brutal. Hoping that changes as all 3 were 'must sees' before the day splits 😐
  18. But the flip side of that is that if you're a multi-millionaire, the sort of fees that would be reasonable are also kinda irrelevant. Like, most of us would think £10,000 to come out and do two songs would be a hell of a payday. Springsteen wouldn't even notice it. He's pulling in over $1 million a night on tour. There's no fee McCartney could offer him, taken out of the already lower than average Glasto fee, that could make it worthwhile for him. So at that point, even if he's being paid a few grand, he's essentially doing it for "free" and so often at that point they just don't bother with fees at all.
  19. Acid_Haze

2024 New Music

New Moor Mother is brilliant. Powerful, chilling stuff. Spoken word jazz music with themes of Europe's colonial & racist history. Real emphasis on British history too. Definitely worth a listen.
  20. Me too.. of course add in a copious amount of tequila and fajitas...
  21. agree, if there's a replacement, which at this point is quite complex (assuming that Kim Petras has announced her departure very recently and that is not a strategy where the bad news were intentionally announced late), it should be a electro pop act in line with queer culture or the new normal anthem to fill the gap left on Tuesday. Replacing Kim Petras with someone like Kim Gordon or Slowdive wouldn't please the people who are mourning her loss. Perhaps ShyGirl, who is currently on tour, could be a viable option. EDITED: don't really see Kylie Minogue or Nelly Furtado as Primavera Sound material tbh
  22. Didn't know it had a 24 hour license thats quite cool I'm sure there will be buses etc. obviously a pain if you live nearby though - but most shows should end by 11 There's no way there will be more drinkers than in the stadium 😂 - percentage wise maybe but actual amount? no chance
  1. Load more activity

• Latest Tourdates