All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Neil

Glastonbury 1990

no, I'm referring a year around 1990, with them clearing the field of almost everyone within a couple of songs, with massive crushes at the gates to get out of the field.
  3. If Macca goes before Editors I’m shutting the whole thing down.
  4. Kendrick Lamar - 70 Lana Del Rey - 45 Fatboy Slim - 45 Editors - 50 FKA Twigs - 55 Thom Yorke - 75 Kelis - 85 Manic Street Preachers - 70 Laura Marling - 50 Paul McCartney - 45 (+10) Dua Lipa 105 Robyn - 80 Charli XCX - 60 Glass Animals - 82 The Isley Brothers – 60 Thundercat - 45 Caribou - 125 The Avalanches - 89 Taylor Swift - 85 Diana Ross - 74 Pet Shop Boys - 64 Supergrass - 61 Primal Scream - 60 London Grammar - 60
  5. Quark

2020 New Music

Today does look like an absolute doozy. RBCF, Hinds, Muzz, Sports Team and RTJ. Not sure I'll manage to get through them all in one day...
  6. Yes they definitely headlined in 90, you’re referring to the car crash of 2000.
  7. announcement on Monday. Looks good if you do virtual.
  8. My list... hoping for the return of Weyes Blood and Sampha the Great. In no order 1. Tame Impala 2. The Strokes 3.Tyler the Creator 4. IDLES 5. SHAME 6. Little Simz 7. Fontaines DC 8. Caroline Polachek 9. Black Midi 10. FKA Twigs
  9. sisco

The Streets

needed that this morning. They were great. Also finished on time to get to The Cure for a really good encore.
  10. Neil

BBC Glastonbury

wink wink 😋
  11. Neil

Glastonbury 1990

don't think they headlined, did they? Perhaps it was a different year, but I definitely remember it being daylight as everyone fled the field from the gawd-awful noise.
  12. exactly as you've done - it works for me.
  13. Currently weighing up whether £30 is too much... not an especially anti-capitalist/consumerist/conformist price is it? Does look cool though 😂 Partnering with an international brand too? Looked into Obey a little before posting this - not sure how I feel about the ethics, like all things it's shades of grey. It was set up by Shepard Fairey (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shepard_Fairey#Early_life), an American white guy with privileged background. Started out as skateboarding project to create some cool stuff, but developed into all sorts of art and has done some social awareness pieces of work which is good. But the brand website is quite aggressive about brand protection. Just doesn't seem the best fit with the ethics of Shangri la as an area.
  14. I can't remember what this geezer did, but as a general rule I disagree. Because if we don't allow racists to reform, it means racism is here to stay.
  15. SwedgeAntilles

The Streets

I had a bit of a one-man listening party to A Grand Don't Come For Free a few weeks ago. Fuck me, it's an excellent record. The whole thing was like a time machine taking me to the mid-2000s when I pretty much lived weekend to weekend. Simpler times. The opening bars of Could Be Well In hit me right where I live.
  16. I'd hold off on the SOAD cancellation just yet. Serj has been pretty vocal about being at the other end of the spectrum of opinions to his drummer https://www.stereogum.com/2086908/system-of-a-down-serj-tankian-john-dolmayan-trump-korn/news/
  17. Or read it online here: https://www.somersetcountygazette.co.uk/leisure/glastonbury/
  18. Well technically, right on both counts. @grumpyhack got the bonus point - £42 for 12 beers 😕 We have had people close to the correct number of sets - closest guesses so far have been 11 (@grumpyhack ) and 8 (@vintagelaureate).
  19. Kendrick Lamar - 70 Lana Del Rey - 45 Fatboy Slim - 45 Editors - 50 (10) FKA Twigs - 55 Thom Yorke - 75 Kelis - 85 Manic Street Preachers - 70 Laura Marling - 50 Paul McCartney - 35 Dua Lipa 105 Robyn - 80 Charli XCX - 60 Glass Animals - 82 The Isley Brothers – 60 Thundercat - 45 Caribou - 125 The Avalanches - 89 Taylor Swift - 85 Diana Ross - 74 Pet Shop Boys - 64 Supergrass - 61 Primal Scream - 60 London Grammar - 60
  20. I'm in. Kendrick Lamar - 70 Lana Del Rey - 45 Fatboy Slim - 45 Editors - 40 (-10) FKA Twigs - 55 Thom Yorke - 75 Kelis - 85 Manic Street Preachers - 70 Laura Marling - 50 Paul McCartney - 35 Dua Lipa 105 Robyn - 80 Charli XCX - 60 Glass Animals - 82 The Isley Brothers – 60 Thundercat - 45 Caribou - 125 The Avalanches - 89 Taylor Swift - 85 Diana Ross - 74 Pet Shop Boys - 64 Supergrass - 61 Primal Scream - 60 London Grammar - 60
  21. With all that’s going on, this is probably the craziest part of 2020. I don’t even dislike them that much but the chicken vote has made me more determined to rid the game of them
  22. Doing my best. She's due within a few days of the resale, so that's probably why. Hope the grandkids are doing ok.
  23. So, here's the thing. The guy is an MP... Nothing the Snp can do about that. Do you get on your moral high horse & expel him, thus losing any influence you have over him and leaving him free to peddle antisemitism to his heart's content? Or do you give him the opportunity to rejoin under strict conditions and with the cooperation of Jewish organisations? I would suggest there is certainly a reasonable argument for the second course of action. Without knowing the guy, which I don't, is hard to be sure which is the best course of action.
  24. Today
  25. bamber

The Elusive Chanteuse

Ahh! "Will you still love me tomorrow?" We are all blessed to have lived in a time where Amy Winehouse was also present. I still cry sometimes.
  26. bamber

The Elusive Chanteuse

Ahh! I wish Amy was still alive, nine years come July.
  1. Load more activity