All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I love that film, complained when it was rumoured it was beeing pulled from the festival and was mightly releaved when it was revealed that the pulled film story was bullshit, and it was screened. You seem to be suggesting that Glastonbury festival has some sort of pro-Israel bent in its booking policy, I can't see that.
  3. Yes, I believe historically in Castle Park they've not intervened. The origins... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_(cannabis_culture)
  4. There were instances where scallies stole the free wood and sold it to daft southerners, but firewood has always been available free of charge at Glastonbury
  5. This isn't Glastonbury's first rodeo, when it comes to buckling in the face of right-wing pressure and kicking out the good guys. When it scheduled a screening of a film exposing the lies behind the anti-semitism claims against Corbyn, it provoked a right-wing backlash in the Daily Mail etc. claiming that the film was antisemitic. Glastonbury caved in and pulled the film from last year's festival. Rather than posting dizzy comments about how you just don't know what to think about this nasty complicated stuff, you now have the opportunity to do better and find out for yourself. The film has been made freely available, so you can look at it and decide whether the Daily Mail & co. were right to call it antisemitic, and whether Glastonbury were moral cowards for pulling it:
  6. This is what spotify playlist analyser concluded from the list that @gigpusher had shared with me of a sample of acts on the stages released up to and including 16th (so significantly not including the stages from the last 24 hours. Make of that what you will 😉 The detail of their genres is here https://www.chosic.com/list-of-music-genres/
  7. If what’s written on his crowdfunder is anywhere near true, this is disgusting by the festival. https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/p/paulcurrievssoho?fbclid=PAZXh0bgNhZW0BMQABpp2Zh_Tdl68RoMmwUt1XKICciD229JyCpRYgjawdSR_tWbKB9iVPutU5xA_aem_AZepb-z5Iqeh6vqch9NrjEM7LRr98i8yq9AbYoB7zBijaXA1RrITDTnA7d-VM269AFQ
  8. My twenty year old Lenor plastic pisser fits me nicely. I have it down to a fine art. *should keep this to myself *
  9. He’s gonna be such a good PM, the signs are right there. Their housing policy alone will improve things infinitely.
  10. I assume they mean them being specifically cancelled for this. It sounds like from this thread, and the news articles putting the other persons view over, that the act is known for a bit of berating of the audience and that when faced with someone genuinely offended by part of their performance has done the same act they've done before without considering that current affairs might shift other people's perception of the act.
  11. Hi Matthew - did you get my messages? Thanks!
  12. Yip. My girlfriend does the washing biz then keeps them for me for the camp wizzing biz. Been like this for many years and a bloody god send at 3 am, with what feels like half a mile to the long drop and a few dozen tent ropes to navigate in the dark. Hurrah for the plastic pisser( and your knob seems lovely and silky smooth if you don’t rinse it first 🙄😁
  13. Is the original first post true? I'm not sure. I mistrust everything.
  14. We've went down to Glastonbury in a micro camper but also towed a trailer tent, my sister slept in the microcamper and we were in the trailer tent. I'd email the festival with pictures and see what they say.
  15. Today
  16. Would've thought if there was a negative response it'd have ended up linked on here, I meant did it slip under the radar of those who love to criticise Glastonbury in the press
  17. Made of stern stuff. Everlasting basically. I think I've had mine for twenty years
  18. This is a really important issue. The world is looking in disgust at a state which is currently killing women and children by the tens of thousands and weaponising the term 'antisemitism' to try to silence any principled criticism of it. It's incredibly depressing to see how effective this tactic has been - the world has been cowed in its criticism of Israel's barbarous acts for fear of being branded antisemite. Even on this forum, you can see the tactic working: the cowards that spend their lives in the political discussion section have long been falling over themselves to brand anyone who asks 'surely we can criticise the actions of a state without being called racist?' as racists. It's not just Paul Currie - there are many highly-principled, decent people who've been taken down by these false claims of antisemitism. One of the most outrageous is the Guardian's political cartoonist, Steve Bell, who for many years has been an outspoken critic of tyrants and butcherers, and someone who no sane person would ever accuse of racism. Yet, when the heat was applied, The Guardian backed down and sacked him. I'll support any pressure on Glastonbury to rethink this cowardly and wrong decision. It's tempting to just duck out of this debate for fear of also being called racist. The following video, which I've linked to before on here, explains why keeping quiet about this issue might give you an easy life, but is, in fact, just displaying cowardice in the face of the real right-wing bigots:
  19. So, you have a trusty Lenor bottle. I have used and then recycled in the past. Those bottles are made for the job. Filling them with detergent first is the only way that 'they' could get those bottles to us, without raising the attention of 'them'.
  20. Neil

UK Politics

depends what the measure is? will he succeed in improving things? yes, things are so bad he can improve them. 🙂
  21. Neil

UK Politics

i'm quite happy living it up on your taxes, suckers 😛 , but i'd be quite happy to have my health and mobility back and have to work. it is what it is, i'm not a skiver, i've been dealt a sh*t hand, (perhaps contributed to that myself, dunno?) hope hes going to be down on tory ex mp's too seems to be a lot of them about at the moment enough to be an identifiable group itself in the stats.
  22. You are very mistaken as you will soon find out.
  23. they're playing 100%, I just don't know where!
  24. Mine has the original Lenor label long ripped off, replaced with an NYC Downlow sticker. Bleach cleaned every morning.
  25. Neil

UK Politics

if people are happy without work why force them, many aren't capable of work and are not considered employable by any known employer. i don't feel that i could deliver the required quality in any work task i might be assigned, not because i don't care, but because certain brain functions have been damaged with my brain injury, i have them detailed in a medical report i have somewhere, i forget what they are one damaged brain function is memory., another is strategic thinking; another concentration; mostly these don't give me much trouble, i try to adapt.
  1. Load more activity

• Latest Tourdates