All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Yes i was in the East CV fields had got there about 4.00 am and set up , friends coming by car contacted me around 7 saying where they were in the Q down to Gate C ( to have a meet up and extra pair of hands to carry stuff ) , for them to tell me not long later they were already on the move and the gates were open.
  3. To anyone who thinks it'll be anywhere near similiar to 2016, look at the two videos recently posted and do a comparison yourself
  4. briddj

The Weather Thread 2019

GFS 12Z, this week through to Saturday Tuesday: Still going to get a soaking (14 degrees) but should be nothing to worry about with warmth to come. Rain done by 6pm. Wednesday: Bit of rain around in the afternoon, but 17 degrees. Thursday: High pressure still struggling to wrestle control, struggling at 16-17. Little bit of rain around Friday: High pressure finally begins to get into the south and force the low northbound. Temperatures still cool at 15-16. Just a trace of any rain Saturday: Pressure is stable today, again a very small amout of rain around with temperatures around 18 Now, will the low (still out to the south west) force its way back in again as in previous runs on Sunday and Monday?
  5. Take a look at this for potential weather starting the opening day..! 🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞 https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/91894-model-output-discussion-the-start-of-summer/?do=findComment&comment=4045511
  6. jparx

2020 headliners

If you're looking to make 2020 the biggest yet, Elton as the legend and Fleetwood Mac later that day is something I'd certainly try and arrange.
  7. Coming across from Dublin and staying in Bristol on Tuesday (side note: if anyone has any advise on a good spot to grab a decent beer in Bristol, please share) We're then festival bound from early doors on Wednesday morning.
  8. That’s where I got mine yesterday mate. I have to work on the Friday this year so was looking to save a couple of quid. Hopefully see you in those fields πŸ™‚
  9. chazwwe

2020 headliners

I dont think it would be them desperate to do the legend slot, but if they could get Fleetwood/Madge/Arctics and then Elton as the legend slot I think they would be pretty happy.
  10. When I walked around an empty site early this year I covered 6miles in just under 3 Hours, so it will be mad to see how many steps/ distance I cover over 5 days.
  11. Crazy isn't it. Apparently they have gone out 2nd class and a large batch went out late on wednesday so i think they could arrive tomorrow. If they dont arrive by tomorrow I've been told to email Fiona and they will use their contingency plans to get us on site. Just means it would be a bit of a pain getting the car park pass and going back to the car.
  12. jparx

Taylor Swift

This is my kinda post. Could also match up with Emily's comment about the 99.9% booked headliner being one that hasn't been mentioned. I certainly haven't seen Swift mentioned outside of this forum as a potential for 2020.
  13. thats the quantocks ... and my view .... slight few spots earlier
  14. jyoung

Taylor Swift

Honest to God if this forum starts to make me believe that Taylor Swift could headline Glastonbury, I'm a mess.
  15. dentalplan

2020 headliners

Why would they be desperate to have him do the legend slot when Reg headlining on his last hurrah would be a big thing in itself?
  16. The thread below kindly supplied a link to Temporary Traffic Restrictions from Somerset County council. http://www.somerset.gov.uk/EasysiteWeb/getresource.axd?AssetID=136791&type=full&servicetype=Attachment On page 5, Schedule 2, section 1d and 2b I interpreted that the A361 will be closed at the section highlighted below, so travelling along the A361 (starting at Premier Inn Glasto) towards the A37 will require alternative plans. Am I misinterpreting it? I do hope somebody can ease my fears.
  17. I don’t mate but give them a bell. my mate booked in last week. Small tent pitches I hasten to add. They seem nice folk
  18. Probably be having a pint in the apple tree pub if everythings gone to plan
  19. Would Alklaine Trio be worth a shout? To sub or headline the second stage
  20. Planning on leaving from Poole, Dorset at around 6 to 7pm on Tues so should be parked before 9pm and settled in the queue before dark. Two cars, two tents and 5 of us. Heading for Purple parking and gate B.
  21. jparx

2020 headliners

I don't entirely discount the idea of Elton being the legend. Kylie's set will be the biggest of the weekend this year, easily. If Emily is pitching the idea to him she can point to that and say, "look, you'll have the biggest crowd all weekend and be one of the most talked about acts during the buildup" AND he'd probably get paid the same as a headliner anyway. There are certainly ways you could appeal to his ego. I don't think it's the most likely scenario, but it wouldn't shock me.
  22. Yes, no rain in Taunton today! Glastonbury-like hills in the background too...
  23. I’m sorry to say I think that might be all of the competitions done and dusted. Until next year πŸ™ x
  24. Thanx! Is it accessible on Wednesday or Thursday?
  25. Heading down after school on Wednesday. 2 hour drive if minimal hold ups, hopefully at that time we'll have a fairly smooth ride down.
  26. dentalplan

2020 headliners

Good secret mate, you just told everyone.
  1. Load more activity

Γ—
Γ—