eFestivals is fund-raising

eFestivals has been here 20 years supporting festivals and festival goers. Without your support it will not continue as it has been.
Advertising used to pay the bills but advertising revenues are much less than they were.

Festivals: if you'd like us to continue to promote your event to our 650,000 monthly readers you'll need to give a helping hand.
Festival-Goers: if every visitor in just one day donated just £2, that would provide funding for a whole year.

You can donate or sign up for 'gold' (ad-free) membership, or you can contact the editor.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Yup that was me , Co-op were really good about it and two others are happy. As Nobody interesting said the t&cs are pretty wooly.
  3. Hi all, so I have ticket this year but I have decided to volunteer at other events for Oxfam later this year just because it is something I would like to do really. However I would like to volunteer for Glasto next year if the opportunity comes up. Do charities like Oxfam tend first offer places at the major festivals/events for people who have worked for them before ?
  4. Kerrang promotes a lot stuff tho. I saw The Interrupters on the cover a few weeks ago but I wouldn't think to myself they are the same as BMTH or NBT.
  5. worth a watch, the woman who brought about the banning of smoking on aircraft describes it as "as safe as asbestos" - I think Glastonbury should have reassured themselves on 5G safety first, and not gone with the basis of one WHO study sponsored by the multi billion dollar Telecoms conglomerates. Currently there's an appeal to the European Union (another reason to vote Farage), with more than 180 scientists and doctors from 36 countries warning about the dangers of 5G, which will lead to a massive increase in involuntary exposure to electromagnetic radiation. The scientists urge the EU to follow Resolution 1815 of the Council of Europe, asking for an independent task force to reassess the health effects BEFORE the roll out across Europe.
  6. Breakfast in Nudie Suits by Ian Dunlop (about Gram Parsons) Bedsit Disco Queen: How I grew up and tried to be a pop star by Tracy Thorn Both interesting, excellent reads.
  7. Buffy Clyro being a biffy tribute band maybe 😂😂
  8. Thats a really really good point !
  9. I did think at the time. Why did he have to tell anyone. "No idea Greyworm where she has gone. Found her with the iron thrown melting and crying about what had she done, then off she flew on her Dragon. I am as puzzled as you mate" I know he has that odd wooden honour thing going on. And maybe I am more devious. See that they are saying we may get the prequel in 2020. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-48280752
  10. Not really a music book but Woody Guthrie's Bound for Glory is absolutely suberb.
  11. To add to the spiral, I'll be buying tickets for me and my girlfriend for all 3 days, even before I know if I can do every day. At £2 a throw, it's worth it. But if it sells out I'm denying someone else from going. Less people there, less icecreams and pints sold, more incentives to increase booking fees the following year.
  12. Being a HUGE Frank turner fan it would make my day but can't see it. Slamdunk said on twitter that the band had been guessed so someone with more time on their hands made this list of the guesses then rules out the ones that had done Slam dunk before..
  13. It's not really Sigur Ros though, it's Jonsi and some common collaborators playing an ambient set.
  14. Damn I’m on Vodafone, anyone fancy entering for me? 😆
  15. Not in Kansas is really conflicting me. Can't stop listening to it, however I think they went overkill with the choir-esque parts. Really bloats the song for me.
  16. Interesting, and someone successfully gave different names for the Co-op one? Even so, it would be possible for EE to be sticklers where the Co-op weren't... but I agree it allows some ambiguity! Reckon I'll enter it, what's the worst that can happen?
  17. Doug85

The Weather Thread 2019

Yep but coupled up with how bad it was before that. The ground has been consistently dry the last couple of months which means it would take a lot of rain to make it as bad as that again. Lets hope it stays the same. They have definitely learned from that year though as they have built a new drainage system in just off the old railway line where Shangri La and the common would be as they were all delayed in opening that year due to the amount of water/mud.
  18. Not sharing the same fanbase as in all the same people but they’re both Kerrang promoted R+L darlings so I’d put them in the same bag and expect a lot of crossover. I think people are more surprised and disappointed when NBT turn up on a Foals undercard than a BMTH one.
  19. do we have a consensus at all about whether we need to leave John Hopkins early for a good Chems spot (there is a 15 min gap between JH finish and Chems start). You really don’t need to be that close for Chems but you don’t want to be at the back with the talkers. Decisions think I’m leaning towards missing last 15 of jopkins. Group of 10 prob makes that a necessity
  20. Better than High Violet. The only discussion to be had is whether it's better than Alligator and/or Boxer.
  21. Would you have bought the tixs if hadn't have won them tho
  22. Things the Grandchildren Should Know. E from Eels autobiography. Can go rapidly from Harrowing to Hilarious. Like almost everything Eels have ever done it's criminally underrated
  23. 1986

The National

Finally getting to hear it after a weekend away (missing out on release day and decent tickets to the tour). It might be their best since High Violet.
  24. Well that's them announcing today then...
  1. Load more activity