eFestivals is fund-raising

eFestivals has been here 20 years supporting festivals and festival goers. Without your support it will not continue as it has been.
Advertising used to pay the bills but advertising revenues are much less than they were.

Festivals: if you'd like us to continue to promote your event to our 650,000 monthly readers you'll need to give a helping hand.
Festival-Goers: if every visitor in just one day donated just £2, that would provide funding for a whole year.

You can donate or sign up for 'gold' (ad-free) membership, or you can contact the editor.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. stuie

Pangea

I'm seeing him tonight in a really small 150 cap venue... It's a 4 hour set so not sure what to expect... starting quite stripped back building to a full on techno finish?
  3. Chabuddy G is at The Common so fingers crossed
  4. I don't remember queing for the bars for very long. Maybe 1 lot of people in front and it was pretty quick so hopefully some of the same this year however toilet queues were long for cubicles so hopefully they've made an improvement and added more. Tents were impericon (heaviest smaller stage) and fireball (pid this year) last year and were of similar size to FR and lock/pit stages at R&L if you've been? But thinking with Bullet playing a tent and 2 stages in both tents I think the tents will be different sizes/layouts this year.
  5. Yeah, I was just thinking that. Bit like Lib Dems in the coalition. We don't know what May has had to block.
  6. Actually change the $ into £ and that's about right for what he was making per night at his Wembley shows.
  7. Winslow Leach

Pangea

That sounds sick.
  8. Gabi_says

Glasto hacks 2.0

I've asked the same question and got a lot of very helpful advice. See here: Basically, most people recommended not to get a solar charger. I listened and got a 26800 mAh Anker powerbank
  9. Kinkyinuit

Glasto hacks 2.0

Generally not really. I have a battery pack with a solar panel (a bit larger than a deck of cards) on it and the charge it generates is negligible. You'd be better off getting an anker power bank like this - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-PowerCore-20100-Capacity-Technology-Black/dp/B00VJSGT2A/ref=asc_df_B00VJSGT2A/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=311075391090&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16497234625174909727&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006691&hvtargid=aud-548500765412:pla-563828082883&psc=1 That has served me well through the last few festivals and kept my Samsung s7 charged throughout with still a little bit of juice to spare.
  10. Very early days but turnout seems higher for remain areas for the euro elections
  11. he's about the only one (of the tories) I can see finding some sort of way thru the shit to come out the other side in some sort of sense, rather than leading us deeper into it. Ha! i'll probably regret saying that. I thought May was the best option last time round. (then again, maybe history will decide she was? Gawd knows where we'd be now if Boris had won that).
  12. Apologies didn't realise it had moved. The twickets ones need pick up and they are unfortunately nowhere near me
  13. tarw

Glasto hacks 2.0

Relying on the sun to keep everything charged is only going to anger the Weather Gods. Don’t do it for all of our sakes! Seriously I wouldn’t bother. Are you going to leave the charger outside your tent all day to charge while you go off exploring? Very trusting of you if you are. Tied to the back of your day sack while bumbling? It will jangle. I Suppose you could leave it in the car in the windscreen but could be a long expedition to fetch it. I’d just buy a large capacity power bank and use that instead
  14. Right then time to add my cool box to the list of things to bring.
  15. Ddiamondd

Pangea

Yeah he's taken a huge leaf from the DJ Nobu school of trippy, stripped-back, psychedelic grooves. Believe he wants to escape the more vocal side of his early career. Set up a couple of BRs with him, including a big headline slot at Dekmantel, and the reaction was more mixed than expected. I think he's at his best with a longer runtime. That being said, if he drops a huge Homework-era Daft Punk tune and something enormous by Plastikman on Arcadia as he often does, everyone's gonna walk away happy.
  16. Have a feeling Ed Sheeran costs a bit more nowadays Quite interesting though
  17. From their point of view it doesn't much matter. The point to them is that people without attachment to this country appear to be getting better service from this country than them. And it's worth noting that the only ones offering to change it are labour, who are in effect saying "you can have more towards you if you contribute more so you have less". It's not really a surprise they don't find that appealing. and the protection against globalisation is...? Protectionism. This is where it gets weird, very weird. The EU is protectionist, and the people selling brexit are free-trade globalists. we certainly need a decent flow of immigrants over the long term, but as i've pointed out many times, making the problems worse with greater numbers makes fixing the problems harder and longer. As the UK is ahead of the curve at the mo with its immigration, a slowdown for a while (given the circumstances) isn't a bad way to go.
  18. I was surprised to learn recently that there are two 7 o'clocks every day.
  19. I've considered VIP but I really hate the private front of stage areas.. it's just twattish- no offence to you... and some of the viewing areas are quite far from the stages.
  20. Yes. I'm slowly coming round to the idea that wellmeaning is insufficient.
  21. Graf21

Glasto hacks 2.0

Not sure which thread to put this in. But can anyone advise if a solar powered charger is worth taking? And if so, any recommendations please.
  22. Would have still been at Hatfield then. I think the £70 is easily well worth it. There's currently one on twickets for £45 if that's any use to you.
  23. tarw

5G @ Glastonbury 2019

Upvoted for the use of popty ping!
  24. On that subject there's part of me hoping ( ) that Gove succeeds May. Putting aside his views, of the hopefuls he actually has a brain, he does detail, etc - and reality too.
  1. Load more activity