All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I know some are on board - a few lower league clubs have been strongly in favour of some of the concepts that have been brought up. I'll wait to see how this looks in practice. There's every possibility this could work to do the things that they wish to do, there's equally the possibility of it being another VAR and not working as planned.
  3. Everything needs to be more transparent. If that comes from a new regulator who knows? As far as I can see most people are falling out of love with the game as they can't understand certain decisions and fall back on some sort of conspiracy or things being scripted.
  4. You’re right about a significant mark up for their own shows. There’s been at least a dozen times this year where I’ve gone to buy a ticket for a band and have been priced out. Some shows are extortionately expensive, but I’m finding a lot of these shows don’t even sell out. It’s like they would rather rip off half the crowd but not sell out. Very odd. What used to be £30-40 for an arena show 3 or 4 years ago, maybe £80 for a big act is well over £100, which should in theory swing the pendulum back in the festivals favour in terms of value for money but the quality of these lineups is dire. when the stones last played stadiums they were charging £110 for old Trafford, and I thought that was pricey but worth it as the stones are notoriously expensive. Now that’s the norm, some acts crossing £180 for a non-gold circle ticket. It’s mad
  5. Every year for the past three years we’ve put a white board on the fridge and as we listen to playlists (and from past performances) we add / delete. The hell no is no disrespect to artists- just not our type of music! We then take out loads when the timings come in 😂 So who’s on yours so far?
  6. Correct. He has tour dates in Eastern Europe and is doing a few Western Euro festivals, but this is his first UK date.
  7. It'd be great to see Richard Hawley headline the Acoustic or Other Stage. He went down a treat when he headlined The Park a few years back.
  8. Yungblud has no other uk dates this year i don't think tbf
  9. would be first in line for a bump up if next year a drop out happens (well unless a women drops out and they would make it 3x predominantly male acts), but not a first choice could easily be the legend or a sub
  10. Barry is hot on the tales of fred again with a very similar crowd, obviously fred has blown up massively and Barry looks to follow. His album just came out if that makes him 'deserve' it? strange word though - people just like his music lol re faithless - there's a thread for that conversation
  11. I am so glad I found this thread. I thought I was alone with this! Any tips? 🙂
  12. sunday should be a bit stronger hopefully as its a harder day to sell
  13. This. Saying "why would I want a world where women are discriminated against" but then refusing to acknowledge that we live in that world already is wild.
  14. Got to agree this is going to be a rammed set. Every single one of our group is wanting to see this, and you cant hear a thing if youre too far back 😞
  15. They definitely could. I imagine they'd be very popular.
  16. Is there another line-up announcement expected for this? Very tempted already but a few more names on the bill would really sell it. Have only been to the Barcelona version, is this one significantly smaller? How do they compare?
  17. At this point Pukkelpop have had more artist drops than we have actual artists
  18. We had to stand way out on the edge as the tent was rammed then heard Michael Jackson had died. Up there with the oddest moments of my life!
  19. SOB, I need never grow old I hope so! Their appearance on the park was tremendous!
  20. In fairness i'll be in the small crowd at Janelle - she's a draw in my eyes
  21. nikkic

Faithless

I attempted this and gave up. Far too many people!
  22. I think the avoidance of festivals for the big names is on a global scale, with the exception of a couple of mainland European ones, which tend to pull decent names due to being an artists only date in that country. Even the likes of Coachella haven’t got that wow factor this year. Artists of headliner size are charging phenomenal prices for stadium shows. Due to a multitude of factors such as transport costs, and everything that goes with a live performance. Not to mention putting on a visually appealing show to attract younger attendees from viral TikToks as seen with Coldplay and Taylor Swift in the last few years. I think the higher running costs for Festivals up against artists making more from larger shows with a significant mark-up is really making it hard for anyone to sign on the dotted line and it is almost seen as a back-up for a few touring acts who are being noncommittal until the last second.
  23. I'm having flashbacks from Elton John at this moment. Absolutely horrible. The most unfriendly and ignorant crowd I've experienced (I know it was far, far better in other parts of the field, just not where we were)
  24. That throughway at the back of the truth stage is a problem. I've been stuck in it on more than one occasion.
  1. Load more activity

• Latest Tourdates