All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Hmm. They don't make it easy.
  3. I’m not sure about this? I have a ‘green co op’ which has had Glastonbury promotional material displayed and also on their radio!
  4. Great, welcome to Sweden! I agree with what is written above concerning capacity. If I compare with Rock Werchter it´s easier to get a good spot during the concerts at WOW.
  5. Sure, it's possible. But I think probably shouldn't be taken as guaranteed, at least not past the cancellation deadline next week, and especially the later you get.
  6. Glastonbury is, as ever, a very different and much bigger beast, but I managed to get on the same shift pattern as my mates for Womad one year when I only got my spot a few days before the festival. Was fully expecting not to so was a pleasant surprise to pick up the shift sheets. And that was with 4 other people, one of whom was a deputy shift leader and two were supervisors.
  7. Around here, there's 2 different types: Co-op Group are the ones that are useful for the various competitions, and look like this: There's also "Central Co-op", which don't participate in any competitions, and look like this: I think the general rule of thumb is look for the Blue branding, combined with the "square" logo.
  8. havnt been for a few years now and yes, it does make us feel young as well! I think the last time we were there Brian Wilson was playing. Fairport were Glastonbury regulars from the early days. The two village pubs are always rammed, we ended up drinking in a churchyard.
  9. Considering there's a stadium next to it thats 3x the capacity and has survived for 20+ years i'm sure the Co-op will be fine! (it is stupid though, no way would an arena 30 minutes from the nearest proper station like that be allowed in London)
  10. I would be very confident that, with persistence, you'll be able to get a spot for her. Where I would sound a note of caution is - there's a reasonable chance that you get the second spot after profiles have locked or after the rostering has been done - so you may not end up on the same shift pattern.
  11. The thing that’s great about the current arena is that it’s on top of a railway station, with a tram stop which can take you all over the network in a city centre near a load of bus stops. new place in a rough area with no trains limited buses and a tram stop. It’s also about 30 min walk to the city centre.
  12. Cropredy is a lovely little festival but it has a particular issue in being run as a big party by an ageing band for an ageing cohort of fans - it's the only festival we've been to where we feel relatively like spring chickens! We live a few miles away and go to the fringe rather than the main festival as there's only one stage and the line-up has been less than compelling for some time. Sadly unless it changes significantly this one will run its course in the next few years.
  13. New album being released on Friday. Ben
  14. I agree, unless it's coming from Rayner and then it's fine.
  15. Neil

UK Politics

Might do some borrowing for investment spending to create some growth.
  16. Neil

UK Politics

It's another way to try to scare people about labour high taxes.
  17. hurdy

Volunteering 2024

Can't talk for more recently than 2019 but then it was crew/artists together I'm the backstage compound with access on the left side of the stage. Officious security on the gate, had no chance with an Oxfam wristband.
  18. Neil

UK Politics

Careful the govt might take you seriously 😣
  19. Look at me go................. I might be on holiday but here is the updated clashfinder. Extra act every day on The Meadow so guessing it opens earlier. Woodland also has an extra act Fri and Sun so times taken from Saturday. CODA is total guesswork apart from the comedy. As and when I get more info I will update it. https://clashfinder.com/s/beardedtheory2024
  20. Hoping West Holts gives us day splits to make things a little more interesting after the playlist leak.
  21. Bet the Casbar would be interesting 😅 bet they have their Strummerville friends lined up for that one though.
  22. And you can see where the two merge in the trampled grass from the sat photo from last year. Coach comes down the long path next to the wall (you can see people there since this is Thursday) and merges with the non-coach just above the white building in the lower center of the pic. There are stewards managing the merge to keep the coach line from backing up too far.
  23. Me too. I'm travelling up from South Wales for that show and we fancied a few days in Manchester. We probably can't make a reschedule if they move it a week or so later.
  24. Another day, another hunt for that damn tea
  1. Load more activity

• Latest Tourdates